F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?
proTUNING Freaks

03-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #1827
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Mila Kunis. Over rated? I think so….Yea she’s beautiful, but a lot of people seem to think she’s like out of this world attractive. I just see a hot actress , nothing to write home about.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1828
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Mila Kunis. Over rated? I think so….Yea she’s beautiful, but a lot of people seem to think she’s like out of this world attractive. I just see a hot actress , nothing to write home about.
i just can't shake the thought of Meg from Family Guy every time i hear her voice..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1829
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Do you mean the midpipe bracket? My exhaust is actually rattling on something, it only happens under load at low rpms (ie up a hill a 2.5k revs under load). I’m almost positive it’s not the downpipes, because I know what that rattle “feels” like in cabin, and this sounds/feels much farther downstream. I think it’s the crossbar on the E88 hitting the muffler portion of my exhaust under heavy load when things are vibrating a good deal, so I need to check it out. In all other situations it makes no noise (low low, high load high revs, on and on).
Yup, this thing. I would tie different parts of the exhaust down with some wire, until you identify the place its rattling and fix it properly. as I was looking in my engine bay yesterday I noticed that the vband clamp seems a tad bit off on the front pipe. I ordered an endoscope/borescope (id rather not go through all the trouble of getting to that again) to check things out. I really want to get it fixed, its annoying as hell.

Quote:
She's a VERY pretty girl, but I think what attracts a lot of people is her awesome personality, if you watch some of her more candid interviews, she seems like shes got a great sense of humor and down to earth, pair that with attractiveness and you've got yourself a "dream girl". I can see why lots of people are infatuated with her.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #1830
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

still got half a bottle of hennessy from last night
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #1831
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
i just can't shake the thought of Meg from Family Guy every time i hear her voice..
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
She's a VERY pretty girl, but I think what attracts a lot of people is her awesome personality, if you watch some of her more candid interviews, she seems like shes got a great sense of humor and down to earth, pair that with attractiveness and you've got yourself a "dream girl". I can see why lots of people are infatuated with her.
She does seem like a cool girl, I’m just saying in terms of physical features, I’m not blown away. I could imagine talking to Mila Kunis, I literally don’t think I’d be able to produce words if Eva Green or Olivia Munn showed up in my life. Then again, I suppose that proves your point, doesn’t it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
Funny enough, I have never had Henn in my life. Literally. Not by intention, for whatever reason i've just never tried any.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #1832
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
finish it.

Quote:

She does seem like a cool girl, I’m just saying in terms of physical features, I’m not blown away. I could imagine talking to Mila Kunis, I literally don’t think I’d be able to produce words if Eva Green or Olivia Munn showed up in my life. Then again, I suppose that proves your point, doesn’t it.

that's exactly it to those who are really into that kind of look, she's a goddess. Because she fits the physical desires and its like "holy shit, I can actually talk to her" but personally I feel like finaloption, I couldnt resist yelling "shut up meg!" half way through our conversation. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #1833
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

titties n coffee to start my morning, fun times.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #1834
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Finally home from my "vacation" and now I have to get caught back up on all the crap that I was putting off in hopes that somebody was going to get it done for me... You know, like employees should. Maybe I just hope for too much.

Thankfully while I was gone all my reloading supplies showed up just in time to get a few thousand rounds done for the nicer weather.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #1835
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
A little over rated, but she is hot as fawk.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #1836
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Finally home from my "vacation" and now I have to get caught back up on all the crap that I was putting off in hopes that somebody was going to get it done for me... You know, like employees should. Maybe I just hope for too much.

Thankfully while I was gone all my reloading supplies showed up just in time to get a few thousand rounds done for the nicer weather.
Nice weather? Where? Sure as hell ain’t in Maryland. I’m getting SERIOUSLY angry over the complete dissapearing act spring has put on so far, there is no way we should stil be in the 30s until noon. And so far as I can tell, it’s just more of this for the next week at least. We haven’t sniffed the 60s so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
titties n coffee to start my morning, fun times.
Very rad, my morning involved a shitty banana and traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
A little over rated, but she is hot as fawk.
agreed.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #1837
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post

Damn it, he's back...party is over folks

Quote:

Very rad, my morning involved a shitty banana and traffic.
shitty banana?...well stop sticking it in the bumhole...problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #1838
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

I changed my oil about a month or a month and a half ago (3000 miles left till change), and now everytime I turn the car off the oil symbol pops up. Seems like I lose a quart of oil every month and this has been occurring often, even after I put a quart in a month later I will most likely be a quart low again. What gives?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #1839
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I changed my oil about a month or a month and a half ago (3000 miles left till change), and now everytime I turn the car off the oil symbol pops up. Seems like I lose a quart of oil every month and this has been occurring often, even after I put a quart in a month later I will most likely be a quart low again. What gives?
Mileage? “If BMWs aren’t leaking oil, they’re eating it”. The N54 is no different, in fact it’s probably one of the hungrier motors out there. Any number of things could be causing your oil loss, the most likely culprit is probably the oil filter housing gasket. Also, your turbo seals could be on the way out, not to mention the poor OE pcv valve that blows by oil on occasion. The OFHG is a $15 part that dealers will charge a ton on labor for, there are some DIYs if you’re inclined to do it on your own. The PCV valve is a pretty simple DIY, as is an oil catch can. In the next few weeks I’ll probably get an OCC for my car. My car def. blows by oil and burns a bit off when coming to a stop, but I’ve never had to top off oil before a change, and shockingly the last time the undertray was off there was zero evidence of oil leaking, which frankly surprised me. These are some leaky boats, just the nature of the motor for whatever reason.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #1840
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mileage? “If BMWs aren’t leaking oil, they’re eating it”. The N54 is no different, in fact it’s probably one of the hungrier motors out there. Any number of things could be causing your oil loss, the most likely culprit is probably the oil filter housing gasket. Also, your turbo seals could be on the way out, not to mention the poor OE pcv valve that blows by oil on occasion. The OFHG is a $15 part that dealers will charge a ton on labor for, there are some DIYs if you’re inclined to do it on your own. The PCV valve is a pretty simple DIY, as is an oil catch can. In the next few weeks I’ll probably get an OCC for my car. My car def. blows by oil and burns a bit off when coming to a stop, but I’ve never had to top off oil before a change, and shockingly the last time the undertray was off there was zero evidence of oil leaking, which frankly surprised me. These are some leaky boats, just the nature of the motor for whatever reason.
I don't even know where to begin with what to do next lol. I thought of the turbo seals....but apparently it isn't uncommon for this car to use a quart of oil every ~1500 miles. So I don't know . I guess something will happen when it happens. Currently at 38,6xx
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #1841
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't even know where to begin with what to do next lol. I thought of the turbo seals....but apparently it isn't uncommon for this car to use a quart of oil every ~1500 miles. So I don't know . I guess something will happen when it happens. Currently at 38,6xx
a thicker blend might help
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #1842
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
a thicker blend might help
I'm using Castrol full synthetic (meant for BMW/Mercedes/VW; is what it said on the bottle) 5w-40 currently
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #1843
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm using Castrol full synthetic (meant for BMW/Mercedes/VW; is what it said on the bottle) 5w-40 currently
my e36 m3 burned a lot of oil when i used mobil1 10-30. it got much better when i switched to 15-50, and 7 quarts is enough to go 7500 miles, been doing it for almost 10 yrs.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #1844
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my e36 m3 burned a lot of oil when i used mobil1 10-30. it got much better when i switched to 15-50, and 7 quarts is enough to go 7500 miles, been doing it for almost 10 yrs.
hmmm....is the n54 the same in that aspect though? Who else runs 15-50 on here?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #1845
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hmmm....is the n54 the same in that aspect though? Who else runs 15-50 on here?
That's pretty heavy, almost everyone I've seen runs 30 or 40 on N54s. Yes these motors do burn/blow by oil, your situation is not at all uncommon. The RB PCV is probably the cheapest way to start tackling this problem, if you feel like trying to deal with it. If I were a betting man though, i'd guess your oil filter gasket is degrading.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #1846
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
That's pretty heavy, almost everyone I've seen runs 30 or 40 on N54s. Yes these motors do burn/blow by oil, your situation is not at all uncommon. The RB PCV is probably the cheapest way to start tackling this problem, if you feel like trying to deal with it. If I were a betting man though, i'd guess your oil filter gasket is degrading.
Adding to this my mechanic told me that my car has an oil "wheep"

The pan gasket mustve not been put on quite right, or a piece of dirt got caught in it, or something. It only has oil leaving when the car is hot (ie no oil drops to hit the floor and let me know without direct inspection)

It explains why I had to put in half a quart last month.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #1847
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess that adds another expense....

All I wanna do is have money ready for May to get fab work done and have everything installed, but nooooo the car has to have something wrong every other month

And I don't know what's up with the family mechanic, his phone has been off for 4 days straight....hopefully he didn't die or something; probably goes through about 3 packs of cigs a day. Course when I have the money to get the DPs put on THAT gets shut down as well...FFS, no luck these days
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #1848
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
I guess that adds another expense....

All I wanna do is have money ready for May to get fab work done and have everything installed, but nooooo the car has to have something wrong every other month

And I don't know what's up with the family mechanic, his phone has been off for 4 days straight....hopefully he didn't die or something; probably goes through about 3 packs of cigs a day. Course when I have the money to get the DPs put on THAT gets shut down as well...FFS

Appreciate 0