E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > FS: Performance shift knob and boot $100 shipped..

08-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
dakman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

Pending funds clearing on Friday.

Pending funds clearing on Friday, this might be sold. I'll update the status as soon as the funds clear.

Here's my thoughts on each of the knobs:

The stock knob has zero weight to it and is too tall. Hate it.

The performance knob is about the same weight and height as the perforated knob. The Alcantara leather on the knob adds a nice feel and grip. Plus if they use Alcantara for seats, it must be durable.

The perforated knob has nice weight and is BIG. I was surprised at how large it was but feels great in your hand.

Which one do I like? I think it boils down to two things: 1) Do you like the feel of the metallic knob, and the shiny look, then go for the performance knob. It looks great by the way and the dark black boot is sexy. 2) If you like the look of leather and like a BIG beefy knob, then the perforated one is for you. The perforated one is expensive but it reminds me of the Honda Accord knob on steroids. I like the Accord knob and got used to the perforated feel from my 2005 Audi A4 Ultrasport.

I wish BMW would offer the perforated knob without the boot, that would lower the cost considerably. If they did, I would have installed the Alcantara boot with the perforated knob. Since the boot is attached to the perforated shift knob, you have to buy them and install them as a set.

I'll post some pics tonight so you can see the differences in the knobs. Thanks for the interest everyone.

Last edited by dakman; 08-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Better English :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

Did this sell yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
dakman
Private
United_States
Rep

I have a guy that paid via Paypal but I think it's an "unverified" account so the funds won't be released by Paypal until Friday the 13th. If the funds clear on the 13th, then this is sold. If it falls through, then I'm open but I have one guy in line that I promised was next in line. I'll update this on Friday one way or the other.

Thanks for the interest.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #26
dakman
Private
United_States
Rep

Pics of all the knobs as promised.

Here are the pics.

1st one is the perforated knob.
2nd and 3rd pic shows the performance knob and the perforated knob together.
4th, 5th and 6th show the performance knob and stock knob next to each other.

The stock knob is horrible. The aftermarket knobs are shorter, and are more comfortable in your hand. Plus they look better. Well worth the price. I also did the perforated brake handle upgrade at the same time and love the look.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

is this still available? i will take both
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
dakman