E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > E90 - eBay Parts - Trunk Lip, Roof Spoiler, Eyelids (Picture Heavy)

02-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
PlzCalmDown
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

Post E90 - eBay Parts - Trunk Lip, Roof Spoiler, Eyelids (Picture Heavy)

SUMMARY SCORE OF eBay SELLER happybuyitnow168:
Cost: 5/5
Shipping Time: 5/5
Communication: 5/5
Quality/Fitment: 4/5
Paint Match: 4.5/5
Durability: 5/5

Feb 28 2014
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. Fairly new to the forums but read some posts about some eBay sellers and I decided to jump and make a purchase. I will be writing a fairly in depth review hoping that this might help others on a budget !

I have a 2006 E90 330xi, located in Canada. After some reviews on the forum, I narrowed it down to two main sellers on eBay, both located in Taiwan.

- emotors2000
- happybuyitnow168

There were far more posts found on the seller emotors2000. The flip side to this is that if more are sold, there will be more complaints which I also found but understand. happybuyitnow168 has some good reviews as well, and a couple complaints also. I found one forum that mentioned a lot of people purchase from JBSPEED, but someone mentioned that his products are "identical" to emotors2000 and possibly is just a reseller at a mark up.

COST: 5/5
For not much reason other than price, I decided to make my purchase with happybuyitnow168. His listing price was far lower than emotors2000, and I'm not sure how the sale prices work, but I purchased the trunk lip spoiler, roof spoiler, and "free" eyelids in a package. The seller listing title was as follows:

☺50%OFF☺ COMBO 06-09 E90 4D PAINTED ROOF & TRUNK BOOT SPOILER + FREE EYEBROWS

SHIPPING: 5/5
I won't list the price I paid for the combo as prices can always fluctuate. But I will mention that where I am located, I had to pay an additional $23.08 in duties or what not. One review on the products I read mentioned that after about a year the product started to peel and crack. Someone else replied that it might be due to improper curing time etc during painting. Before I made my purchase, I told the seller that I had read good reviews on E90 Forums, and that I would be posting my review here as well. The ad mentions that it would take up to 4 days to manufacture, but I told him that if he needed even up to 2 weeks, to just do it right and that I was not in any rush. I received a message 8 days later notifying me that the product had been shipped. It was shipped out on a Monday Feb. 24, and arrived on Friday Feb. 28... that's the fastest damn shipping I've ever had from Asia.

COMMUNICATION: 5/5
Please understand that when you message an eBay seller... since we're located in North America, most of your replies won't be until late night till early morning. I'm rating this seller with a perfect score because he replied immediately (probably when he woke up in his time zone). After I explained my research and reviews etc etc, he was more than happy to take the time to make sure it was painted and cured right (whether or not he actually did take more care and time... I'll never know). Because a lot of eBay sellers in Asia do not actually speak English and use translators... you might have to refrain from rating someone based on grammar. However, in all my eBay purchases, his responses and understanding of my questions were not the best, but by far it was much better than most sellers.

Now I did also miss the delivery as I was at work, but I am picking it up from the delivery company tonight. I won't be installing it today as it's -40C where I am, and I'm not about to peel and stick 3M on a frozen car just to blame the product for not sticking properly etc. I will however take pictures of the products and packaging etc and post them up later. Hopefully the products aren't damaged etc so I can actually complete this review this weekend...

March 2 2014
DURABILITY: 5/5
Still too cold where I am. But managed to unbox, snap a few pictures and compare it to car. Durability, seller claims ABS plastic, and that's exactly what it is. Products feel solid, no complaints here.

PAINT MATCH: 4.5/5
I may edit this portion in the future. As it is right now, the paint match to my OEM paint is very spot on. Comparing it in the garage without sunlight, the paint matches to the naked eye from all angles. Using my iPhone LED to light it, it still matches perfectly to the naked eye. However on camera when you snap a picture using the flash, it looks darker than the vehicle. I have read this on forums also and I do understand that the paint will never match 100% but so far it is pretty damn close. I will revise this portion once I get a chance to compare the colors in the sunlight, if we ever get any =(

QUALITY/FITMENT: 4/5 (Score May Change)
As with most sellers, the double sided tape was already placed onto all the parts EXCEPT the eyelids. The seller claims 3M double sided tape, and unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it is 3M tape as the sticker backing does not have the 3M logo that I'm used to seeing.
Fitment of the eyebrows is spot on, no complaints there. Seller does include double sided tape to put on the back of the eyebrows as well.
The trunk lip spoiler lines up with the edges of the trunk however, I'm not sure if it's due to the cold but the spoiler does not seem to "flex" to the curve of the trunk. I'm hoping that once it's warmer the spoiler will be able to flex a bit more so that I can stick it onto the trunk. Right now if I line it up to the edge of the trunk, and I press down on the spoiler it does bend to fit the trunk... but it's requiring a lot more downward force than I'm hoping for once it warms up.
The AC style roof spoiler seems to fit and "curve" to the glass much better than the spoiler. It has the rectangular indent where the AC Schnitzer sticker would be on the Genuine one. The only thing I'm not sure is if this roof spoiler is supposed to be wide enough to line up with the body and past the glass. And if I'm supposed to stick it right below the weatherstripping or on top of the weather stripping... I'll have to do a bit more research.
The overall paint and clear coat is near perfect, there's no major warps or anything. There are about 2 "specks" I noticed that is now under the clear coat, but virtually un-noticeable and I didn't expect them to paint in a 100% dust free environment anyways. The clear coat is even overall with the exception of one spot on the AC Style Roof Spoiler which I have attached in the picture. It's on the side so once installed nobody will ever notice, and it's a defect by the size of less than 1cm. It looks like the result of clear coat overspray, I tried to take a picture of it as best as I could, if you look at the picture closely you'll notice the "lines" curve a bit where the overspray is.
The underside of all pieces are "painted" in the way that overspray would paint something, there is no clear coat on the undersides.

I will post an update next weekend when I actually attach this to my vehicle.
If anyone knows how the Roof Spoiler is supposed to sit on the E90, please reply to thread !

March 19 2014
After a very long winter... it's still not over. But I did manage to wash my vehicle today to snap some pictures ! The product has been installed for about 2 weeks now. And I am very happy with the final results. I did not use the 3M stickers included on the pieces, instead I purchased "3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape". It cost me about $20 CAD worth of this double sided tape, but it's held on what feels like almost permanently now ! When you use this 3M tape to install, make sure you take your time and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME ! As soon as the tape touched the vehicle even the most gentle touch, it DID NOT WANT TO MOVE. Luckily I got it right the first time and didn't have to remove and retry. I can't imagine how painful it would be to remove it due to rushing.

All in all, the paint matches in the sunlight. Unfortunately still not enough sunlight here to take pictures but just take my word for it. Here's some quick pictures of the finished product holding strong.

In summary, I do recommend eBay seller happybuyitnow168, parts are not perfect, and not OEM, but definitely worth the price paid in my opinion. Now I just need some splitters...

Feel free to PM me with any questions etc. Cheers !
Attached Images

Last edited by PlzCalmDown; 03-19-2014 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Product Review: Final Edit
Appreciate 0