E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ***Another Duke Dynamics horror story***

01-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Thumbs down ***Another Duke Dynamics horror story***

Yes, I know there are many of these, but the more the merrier right? Or not.

I noticed most of these bad reviews were from around 2-3 years ago. So I had some hope.

Purchased trunk via Bimmerkit on 12/30/13, $951 shipped. Payment cleared account on 1/2/2014.

This was an email response on 1/7/2014 after I asked what was going on with the shipping status:
My initial inquiry sent via the website; apparently they do not like to respond to email directly from their email inbox.

Hello, I am inquiring as to the order status of order #
>100000151 for an E90 LCI trunk in FRP. Payment cleared as of 1/2/14 and I
>did not receive a confirmation email for shipping, or anything of the
>sort. Are these trunks built per order? If so, I figure there is a
>production time frame, which I did not see specified on the Customer
>Service page. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hi Marc

Sorry for the late response. Yes we had received your order, but we are
still trying to troubleshoot why you didn¹t get the confirmation from our
website.

We have the FRP E90 CSL Trunk in stock. We will get it ship out within
these two days. As soon we have the tracking # we will forward to you.

If you have any question please let us know.

Chris,

Nothing. I emailed again on 1/13/14.
Hey Chris, any updates on the shipping of the trunk?

I later sent this on 1/14/14, after receving a phone call from "Chris" (details outlined below). This email was titled "Uneasy about Recent Purchase"
Hello, I am not sure who this email goes to, whether it be Bimmerkit or Duke Dynamics, but I recently placed an order on December 30th 2013 (payment cleared on January 2nd) for an E90 LCI CSL trunk. I have been receiving very poor correspondence concerning my order and I'm very concerned with when I will be receiving my trunk, if at all. My order number is 100000151. I was frequenting E90post and saw many horror stories that I do not want to experience.

I received a phone call today from Chris in Vancouver BC Canada informing me that my trunk was shipped with another customers trunk (who also ordered from Bimmerkit) to Maryland, where this other customer also resides. Apparently, he is not having any luck reaching this other party to arrange for a courier to pick up my trunk from his home and deliver it to mine. New shipping labels will need to be printed, as well. He states this was to minimize cost. I understand this, but the fact that I was told I would receive a tracking number on 1/7/2014 in a "couple days", and that the trunk was already in stock from the beginning does not lead to where we are currently, with no tracking number, and my trunk apparently 45 minutes away (according to Chris) from where I am currently.

If this is Sean reading this, I didn't plan on making an E90post thread bashing the company. I'm sure you all make excellent products, which is why I went to you all for the trunk from the beginning. But my experience thus far has been far from excellent. Please let me know what is going on.

They wrote back:

Hi Marc-Anthony,

We apologies for the delays.

Yes I¹m aware of the the situation, we are still trying to get a hold of
the person who have the trunk at his place. Give us a day or two, if we
still cannot get a hold of him, we will take the trunk to Blaine, WA and
have it ship from there to avoid any customs charges or duty charge on
your end.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

I said I understood and would await to hear from them. Two days later, and nothing. Today is 1/17/214 and I went ahead and filed a dispute claim with Paypal against them, as I have wasted enough of my time and gotten the runaround with their bullshit, and even waiting a couple more days/giving a further grace period will prolong this even more. And would you believe that as soon as they couldn't access their money, guess what? I got a phone call. That I didn't answer. So I sent this reply.

I am currently at work. If you need to contact me you can email me. There's nothing that needs to be talked about unless I have a tracking number. I've been patient enough, this coming Monday will have been 3 weeks. Phone calls are no longer required.

They wrote this back. And no, I didn't call them this morning.

Hi Marc,

Sorry we missed your call this morning cause we are in the Pacific
Standard time, 3 hours behind you guys.
I couldn't get a hold of the customer in Maryland, so I’m going to get it
ship out from Vancouver. I will provide you the tracking this
afternoon/evening.

I noticed you just made a disputed on PayPal, could you please kindly
remove it?

If you have any question please me know.

Chris

My response:

I'm sorry but that dispute is my only form of protection against you all until I receive the item I paid for on December 30th, if I receive it at all. You all have definitely lived up to your horrible customer service.

You can provide the tracking number to Paypal, and if it is valid, they will give it to me. You have 10 days.

Someone please explain if I'm missing something, or if this makes any sense? I like the products they make, so I figured I would give them a shot, but sending my trunk with someone else's to minimize shipping costs when you charged me a specific rate from the beginning for it to come to my house? Were they planning on refunding me the shipping? And having the courier pick up my trunk from someone else's home and inconveniencing them to send me something that should have been sent to me from the beginning?

I swear if its not one thing its another with these guys. Please avoid them if you can.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.

Last edited by Verbiage; 01-17-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
E90_831
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Msport

Garage List
and I was thinking of ordering one..

best of luck with you situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

The sad thing is, since Karbonwerke is MIA, I have no clue where to find a nice high-kick trunk. They are all expensive, even in FRP, and this was the only option I saw available. I was rear ended and am in the process of doing an LCI conversion, but this shit is ridiculous. Karbonwerke has a random b ig car tel link where the trunk is listed for $999, but I don't trust that very much. Doesn't look like it would have mattered at this point, anyway.

Thanks dude.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Requested a refund from them. I seriously don't have time for this level of unprofessionalism from a vendor.

UPDATE: I called and told them I NO LONGER want this trunk, or any of their products ever, on my car or to represent them in any way, and that I want the refund TODAY. The $951 is currently on hold in their Paypal account, and one of the options in their resolution center is to issue a refund.. however, I was told that there is someone in the office that is supposed to handle these inquiries, and she is not in the office? Why in the fuck do you need someone to press a button on your computer for something that you screwed up originally? I am seriously in awe at how these people have been in business so long with this sort of procedure, it is absolutely abysmal. Apparently she will be in the office tomorrow, and I can call back then. I really don't have the time to be waiting until 1/27/2014 for Paypal to decide the case in my favor regardless, because clearly they do not have a trunk to ship to me.

UPDATE 5:39 PM EST:

Email from Chris at DD:
Hi Marc,

I've told my manager that you wanted a refund for the E90 CSL trunk, he
willing to offer you 10% discount and have the trunk ship out by today.

I can say our trunk is one of the top notch product compare to our
competitors. It’s a unique styling and plug-n-play, no cutting or
drilling require. See attachment photos.

Let me know if you want to keep the order, so we can drop it off to the
carrier in the next hour. If you we ship it out today you will receive the
shipment by middle of next week?

My response:

I just do not understand why you all had to go through all of this and not give me any information? It was all completely unnecessary, when I should have had all of this information from the beginning.

If you all can discount the trunk 25% off the total price, which was $951 (refund in the amount of $237.75), then I will take the trunk. I have waited 3 weeks and do not even have a tracking number.

Awaiting response.

Last edited by Verbiage; 01-17-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Spoke to Chris at DD on the phone, and these were the eventual terms.

Hi Marc,

We tried to help you to save money by shipping the trunk from our customer in Maryland, but we cannot get a hold of him.

We cannot do 25% off, the best we can offer is 15% off the retail price, we will refund you $109.80

Here is the breakdown.
$732 - 15% = $622.20

$622.20 + shipping ($219) = Total: $841.20 shipped

We have no control over the shipping rate. It cost more than $219 to ship the trunk from Vancouver, but we will cover the remaining.

Let me know if you are willing to accept this offer.

Currently awaiting the tracking number.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #6
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Tracking number is valid, trunk is currently in the US in transit.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Trunk came today, and it was a Pre-LCI trunk. Don't know what to do with these guys anymore.

Just emailed them and informed of the blunder.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
LMAO!!!!!!! Oh man can they screw up even more?! I'm sorry you had to go through that.. How are they still in business?! I remember when I thought about buying their diffuser. Thank God I've waited and found a OEM from someone else..
      01-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #9
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
LMAO!!!!!!! Oh man can they screw up even more?! I'm sorry you had to go through that.. How are they still in business?! I remember when I thought about buying their diffuser. Thank God I've waited and found a OEM from someone else..
I am not even gonna quote direct emails anymore. Long story short, they wanted to see pics. Sent them pics of the trunk, and they said it was in the box full of LCI trunks, so it was packaged and sent by mistake. I guess they've looked at too many so they all look the same now and they can't tell the difference? Smh.

An LCI replacement was supposed to have been sent either yesterday afternoon or this morning, and I've heard nothing from them as of yet. I emailed them this morning to figure out what the status is, as well as to inform them of the fact that my my refund of $109.80 (that I've been waiting since 1/17/2014 to clear) was supposed to be accessible today in my Paypal account. I got an email this morning saying that it wasn't possible to do so because there are not enough funds in the seller's account.

I am so worn out by these guys. Its insane.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #10
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I also decided to go OEM and bought one locally. Thank God as well. I appreciate that man.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
So what happens now? You win the PayPal dispute and get to keep the trunk? Lol
      01-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #12
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
I got lucky with the diffuser I ordered earlier this month. I wasn't able to confirm my order on their website. I sent an email to bimmerkit and they responded that it would be shipped soon and they would send out a tracking number. The tracking number they sent didn't work but the package came in 5 business days. The diffuser is amazing quality and the fitment was perfect, no need for any modification. I was afraid to pull the trigger because of other reviews, looks like it really is hit or miss with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #13
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

I've been hearing horror stories for years now, although they typically had more to do with how the products fit. That was enough to deter me from purchasing any of their products, and your story only adds to that. Sorry to hear about your experience.

My brother was in the market for an LCI CSL trunk as well, and it sucks that duke dynamics is one of the few vendors that carry this item. Sonic Tuning sold a carbon fiber LCI CSL trunk for around $650 I believe, but they are now sold out. Maybe you can contact them and see when they'll be back in stock.
      01-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Reading this makes me even more skeptical about buying from them.
It took literally weeks for them to respond to my emails.

Hopefully you get your full refund and you can keep the trunk! In which case, you should sell to me
      01-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #15
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
So what happens now? You win the PayPal dispute and get to keep the trunk? Lol
Now they want the trunk shipped to a shop in NJ, to another of their "customer friends" and I will obtain my full refund that way. They sent me a prepaid shipping label to send it there, I packaged it this morning and FedEx should be picking it up from my house tomorrow. Paypal decided it in my favor, just awaiting confirmation that the trunk gets delivered to the shop. Which is also shady to me, its like they sent me the wrong trunk on purpose in the first place so I could just have it sent where it was originally supposed to go. It would be pretty sad if they favored a vendor over an actual customer who legitimately wanted an item. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBB6 View Post
I got lucky with the diffuser I ordered earlier this month. I wasn't able to confirm my order on their website. I sent an email to bimmerkit and they responded that it would be shipped soon and they would send out a tracking number. The tracking number they sent didn't work but the package came in 5 business days. The diffuser is amazing quality and the fitment was perfect, no need for any modification. I was afraid to pull the trigger because of other reviews, looks like it really is hit or miss with them.
I'm really happy for you on that man. Their products are pretty good, for the most part. Customer service is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
I've been hearing horror stories for years now, although they typically had more to do with how the products fit. That was enough to deter me from purchasing any of their products, and your story only adds to that. Sorry to hear about your experience.

My brother was in the market for an LCI CSL trunk as well, and it sucks that duke dynamics is one of the few vendors that carry this item. Sonic Tuning sold a carbon fiber LCI CSL trunk for around $650 I believe, but they are now sold out. Maybe you can contact them and see when they'll be back in stock.
I actually know Pat at Sonic Tuning personally, we are in the DC/MD/VA area and I've contacted him a few times. Those trunks are never in stock because of how cheap they are. But thanks man, I would rather not have their products on my car at any rate, regardless of the build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Reading this makes me even more skeptical about buying from them.
It took literally weeks for them to respond to my emails.

Hopefully you get your full refund and you can keep the trunk! In which case, you should sell to me
And you should be skeptical. Be very wary with these guys.

Ha! The trunk is currently awaiting pickup by FedEx tomorrow morning. I'd rather have my money and a stock trunk w/ M3 lip spoiler at this point.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Anyone got a stock LCI trunk for E90?

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #17
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Oh, well I hope things go well for you!
      02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Got my full refund this morning, trunk was confirmed delivered this morning. Fuck DD.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #19
SCUBALAW
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2011 328ix

Duke Dynamics

July 3rd, 2014. Duke Dynmaics just screwed me out of $2,000. I ordered
a rear difuser for my 335 and hood back in March. In May they sent me a difuser for as M3. They refuse to answer my e-mails after I wrote to them.
To date I have not reveived anything for my $2,000. I am now sueing them in B.C. court. These people are bad news.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBALAW View Post
July 3rd, 2014. Duke Dynmaics just screwed me out of $2,000. I ordered
a rear difuser for my 335 and hood back in March. In May they sent me a difuser for as M3. They refuse to answer my e-mails after I wrote to them.
To date I have not reveived anything for my $2,000. I am now sueing them in B.C. court. These people are bad news.
How did you pay for it?

Appreciate 0