F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > What is up with BMW's and their drivers?
Studio RSR

09-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
Carmen SanDiego
Rep
Drives: 135i

I know I drive aggressively in my car, but I don't ever get to the point where I would be considered a douche or cause problems for others on the road. I try to make sure that my actions reflect well on other BMW owners since there are so many idiots out there who bought their cars as status symbols and want to wave it in your face on and off the road.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
AppStoreMoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I disagree with BMW drivers. Its all drivers. Most are calm and do nothing really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
However, BMW drivers really aren't "TERRIBLE" around here.
This has been researched and confirmed:
http://www.bankrate.com/financing/ca...are-the-worst/

http://jalopnik.com/science-confirms...wor-1120783177

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...age-wheel.html

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...219481171.html
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #25
mzem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135, '05 Boxster S

At my old firm, I travelled to Orange County about 1-2 per month. Coming from a metro area that's devoid of fun or more premium European cars (Minneapolis-St. Paul) I tend to notice the BMW, Mercedes, and Audi's on your roads. I didn't see a disproportionate amount of douches driving BMW's, but I did see a lot of douches on your roads. Based on all my trips to OC, I would have to say that the Infiniti drivers were probably the most overly agressive. In MSP, the aggressive drivers are in VW's. I seem to notice them more often when I'm in my Boxster, as they seem to think they have something to prove (inferiority complex much?). Our roads are also littered with a disproportionate amount of Toyota's, pickups, SUV's, and clueless hicks from North Dakota.
      09-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #26
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStoreMoney View Post
This has been researched and confirmed:
More junk science, or at least junk conclusions. Those "studies" only prove that drivers of blue BMWs are noticed more.

The asshat that cut off my LMB bimmer reported me as an aggressive driver because he saw me cussing at him in his rear view mirror.
      09-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
More junk science, or at least junk conclusions. Those "studies" only prove that drivers of blue BMWs are noticed more.

The asshat that cut off my LMB bimmer reported me as an aggressive driver because he saw me cussing at him in his rear view mirror.
Lol I probably got reported too then

It's funny how they're more mad at us than we are with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #28
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328pride View Post
The LA traffic wouldn't even make my worst 3. As someone above mentioned, the LA traffic is horrible but it at least has some degree of structure.
I agree. I live in SF, and when I go down to LA, the drivers are a breath of fresh air in comparison. Every urban local has it's d-bags, but I think that in general, LA drivers spend so much time on the freeways, and in traffic that they are better able to deal with many situations. Here no one can merge, and a small fraction signal when changing lanes. It is a bad mix of agro, and overly cautious (or clueless). In LA there is more of a unified approach, and they seem to be able to move along at an even pace when traffic is slow. Here it's always stop-go.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
Ih8usrnms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

NYC is absolutely the worse place in America to drive. And i dont think drivers of certain cars are worse than others here. I would say 80% of drivers in NYC cant drive. No turn signals, cutting you off for no reason. switching lanes 20x and still dont realize they arent going faster. I've had people honk and curse at me for not letting them cross 2 lanes to make a right turn from the left lane. Because of this retarded driving that goes on here i cant wait to move out of NYC. Cops here dont enforce anything besides speed limit and cellphone use. And not to mention our roads.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #30
J.Steele
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
At my old firm, I travelled to Orange County about 1-2 per month. Coming from a metro area that's devoid of fun or more premium European cars (Minneapolis-St. Paul) I tend to notice the BMW, Mercedes, and Audi's on your roads. I didn't see a disproportionate amount of douches driving BMW's, but I did see a lot of douches on your roads. Based on all my trips to OC, I would have to say that the Infiniti drivers were probably the most overly agressive. In MSP, the aggressive drivers are in VW's. I seem to notice them more often when I'm in my Boxster, as they seem to think they have something to prove (inferiority complex much?). Our roads are also littered with a disproportionate amount of Toyota's, pickups, SUV's, and clueless hicks from North Dakota.
Being from the Twin Cities area myself, I can agree with your statement about the aggressive VW drivers. A friend of mine drives a VW TDI and drives like he is in Formula 1 every time he gets behind the wheel. Same goes for the "good ol boys" in their F-series trucks. I had a guy in a F-250 ride my a** with his high beams on in the far right lane. It was snowing pretty heavy and I was doing the speed limit(60mph). He eventually blazes by at about 80mph, no joke five miles down the road he is in the ditch with his hazards flashing . Yes, he could have got hurt, but at that point I felt like he got what he deserved.
Appreciate 0