BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Frog Residue

I apologize beforehand if this sounds ridiculous. Everyone on here was so extraordinarily helpful with my questions on ingrained bugs, and I hope you can offer me some extra advice.

So.. I live in the woods. That's part of the reason I have such a problem with bugs, but I also have another problem which I don't think is quite as common. Frogs.

Every time it rains, hundreds upon hundreds of little frogs take it upon themselves to cross all the roads in my town. I live in an area with lots of reservoirs, lakes, swamps, and water in general, and when the rains come, the frogs are literally everywhere. Being the animal lover that I am, I generally try to avoid the frogs. I've been pulled over with the officer thinking I was drunk for swerving so much. He laughed when I told him I was avoiding frogs and just told me it's a lost cause.

They get squished under my tires, and the "residue" just sticks. By residue, I mean their little blobs of corpses. The residue doesn't very easily come off the tires from just regular driving, and it STINKS up my garage and just looks pretty gross as well. I am certain that the stink is from the frogs, and sometimes it permeates through the garage door into the entryway of my house as well. That's no good.

I need a way to clean them off, but I don't really want to touch them with my cloths. Bug guts on my cloths I can handle... frogs.. no way. Even if I wash them, it will still be in my head that microscopic particles from frog intestines are being rubbed into my car when I wipe it.

A lot of "no touch" products end up actually requiring scrubbing to work. Even Sonax (which is the best "no touch" product I've ever used on any part of the car) really needs a wipe down to work best. I don't want to touch. I just want them gone. Sometimes I do a burnout (as disgusting as it is) when the roads are dry again to get rid of the frog guts on the back tires. But I can't just try and drift, to skid the front tires to try to clean the frogs off the fronts after every time it rains.

Any ideas? Everyone was so helpful with the bugs, but I don't really expect many people have this same problem.

Between the frogs and the bugs.. I really gotta move

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
MikesOne
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i

Don't mean to make fun of your plight (or plague) but this might let you while away the time waiting for a useful answer:

http://www.devppl.com/flash-game/frogs-plague/
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Other than a power wash, which would remove a great percentage but you may still have to agitate the remains to remove all traces of the carcass

Put on some Nitrile gloves and use an old (throw away) towel and some dish washing liquid
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
I've used Tarminator with great results. It's very strong, but still safe for the clear. It will remove wax though.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Power washer is my answer... get one of the cheap ones, leave it ready at the garage door all the time ready to go..

Maybe a big long handled wheel brush.. leave it in a bucket with water in it at the entrance to the garageso you dont have to keep bringing it in and out all the time..

Have you ever played "frogger" ???? it was an arcade game many many years ago..
      08-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Sams Club has a great powerwasher for 70 bucks. Do it.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You need to use a Frog/Guts sponge! lol just kidding!!! I couldn't resisit.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #8
Kcc
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels with a turbo

This is the best thread I have ever read! I laughed out loud and almost woke my wife who's sleeping beside me! Sorry, had to express myself!!!

Have you think of getting a front and rear frog guard? Sorry, mud guard...it should help with your cleaning, at least your side skirt and rear bumper.

I agreed with dish soap on the tires, they should remove the smell and those clear greasy "things"...

If you drink tea, have your used tea bag and place them out at the garage, they absorb smell, but I am not sure how many you need for the size of your garage. One tea bag for my fridge. Use it soak wet.

You could take alook at those bath and body brush, they should be small enough for clearance to go pass the fender gap.

Not much useful info, will be back if I could think of any. Maybe add some lemon, salt, and BBQ sauce! Should taste good...and that's a joke!

Kcc
      08-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #9
Kcc
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels with a turbo

Oh, from my last joke above, got another Idea... From my cooking experience, salt with little water mixed could get those slime or greasy "things" off from a dead fish, so maybe you could try them on your tires, but NOT the body parts or else you will rust your paint!

Kcc
      08-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Kermit!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOooooooooooooo~!
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
Kermit!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOooooooooooooo~!

When the 1er hatch first came out over here in Germany... kermit was used to sell the car... hence all these Kermit ads above.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

The Stoner Tarminator is one of the strongest formulas you can use to remove bugs, tar and probably frog residue. Good luck!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

All the above will surely be a pain for sure...but its that or as you said, move. The sad thing, is that no one has mentioned that these 'remains' are also in the tread. Thats the thing that will make it hard to get at even after major residue is off wheel wells or tire surface...I cannot imagine trying to get it out of the treads. The power wash would work, but you'll be washing, then moving the car forward, then washing and then getting in and moving again??. BUT it might work...yup, better re-locate.
Appreciate 0