E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio Issue

03-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
nrrm1127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
Angry Audio Issue

Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 E90 328i and am having a strangely infrequent problem with the audio system. This happened once this past summer and just happened today. I started the car (hasn't been used since yesterday), and went to turn on the radio when all of a sudden the rear speakers started making a loud high pitched screeching tone. It was rather annoying and when I turned the radio on, the music (on both FM and CD) sounded very muddled - almost like AM radio sound quality. Also turning the volume up and down made no difference in the loudness of the screeching noise. I tried shutting the car off while stopped in a parking lot and removing the key from the slot and then quickly reinserting it and restarted the car, but it did not stop. Like last time, it only stopped when I turned the car off completely, exited the vehicle, and locked it. Afew minutes after I did that I came back to it and it had stopped. It hasn't given me any other trouble since this morning. Can anybody help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! - Ross
      03-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
9iron
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 E90 328i and am having a strangely infrequent problem with the audio system. This happened once this past summer and just happened today. I started the car (hasn't been used since yesterday), and went to turn on the radio when all of a sudden the rear speakers started making a loud high pitched screeching tone. It was rather annoying and when I turned the radio on, the music (on both FM and CD) sounded very muddled - almost like AM radio sound quality. Also turning the volume up and down made no difference in the loudness of the screeching noise. I tried shutting the car off while stopped in a parking lot and removing the key from the slot and then quickly reinserting it and restarted the car, but it did not stop. Like last time, it only stopped when I turned the car off completely, exited the vehicle, and locked it. Afew minutes after I did that I came back to it and it had stopped. It hasn't given me any other trouble since this morning. Can anybody help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! - Ross
Same thing happened to me today!! ('08 328i) I tried search but didnt find anything. I want to know what this is too
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
biz77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9iron View Post
Same thing happened to me today!! ('08 328i) I tried search but didnt find anything. I want to know what this is too
What did you search for? Took me about six seconds to find this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...s+noise&page=2
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
nrrm1127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
Yeah I already looked at that, still wasn't much of a help... Considering the car goes back in June (it's a lease and I plan on getting a 2011) I'm not too worried since it can be the next owner's problem. However what I'm seeing is that it seems to be limited to 328's only which I don't quite understand. Makes no damn sense, but thanks for helping me, I'm taking some of the forum posts in on hard copy to show my dealership (Pace BMW).
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz77 View Post
What did you search for? Took me about six seconds to find this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...s+noise&page=2