E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Please help, I might have a serious problem

02-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
ChristopherShort
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90

Exclamation Please help, I might have a serious problem

Hi,
I have searched and I can't find an answer, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I was driving with the cruise control on and I felt like I was going over bumpy terrain when I wasn't. The cruise control turned off along with the traction control turning off, I can't turn it back on.

My car feels like it is pulling me to the left aggressively. When shifting into third gear, I hear a loud knock and the feeling that I am being pulled back, then it releases while jerking me to the left. After third gear when I let off the gas it sounds like it is downshifting (but it's not, rpms stay the same). When stopped and take off, I feel a jerk then it again pulls me to the left. During Highway driving, I accelerate and it goes but jerks me to the left and when I let off the gas, it throws me back to the right.

I am worried that I have a serious problem. Is this transmission or axel? Or hopefully somethingless serious.

I am currently unemployed and really hope this is an easy fix.

Thank you so much for reading this question. I really appreciatea nyh elp or suggestions.

2007 BMW 335i sedan

Has anyone had this before?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
cnguyen84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherShort View Post
Hi,
I have searched and I can't find an answer, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I was driving with the cruise control on and I felt like I was going over bumpy terrain when I wasn't. The cruise control turned off along with the traction control turning off, I can't turn it back on.

My car feels like it is pulling me to the left aggressively. When shifting into third gear, I hear a loud knock and the feeling that I am being pulled back, then it releases while jerking me to the left. After third gear when I let off the gas it sounds like it is downshifting (but it's not, rpms stay the same). When stopped and take off, I feel a jerk then it again pulls me to the left. During Highway driving, I accelerate and it goes but jerks me to the left and when I let off the gas, it throws me back to the right.

I am worried that I have a serious problem. Is this transmission or axel? Or hopefully somethingless serious.

I am currently unemployed and really hope this is an easy fix.

Thank you so much for reading this question. I really appreciatea nyh elp or suggestions.

2007 BMW 335i sedan

Has anyone had this before?
I have no clue. Sorry. But, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
NormE91
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring

Non xdrive? If it's an xdrive I would think a cv axle went bad. Could be a suspension problem of some kind.

I'm pretty sure the cruise control disables itself if the wheel speed sensors aren't reading what they should.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I would deadline that car until you can get it checked out on a rack. Not worth killing you or someone else.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I agree with the post above about not driving this until you get it checked - sounds hazardous... or at the very least like it may be doing further damage. Sorry I can't comment on what may be wrong, but it unfortunately doesn't sound like a DIY job.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
Deep_Blue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 335i e90

Take it to a good independent shop. It sounds like an issue with the differential or half shafts. Don't drive it until you get a professional evaluation and repair. Worth the $ to flat bed it to a shop to avoid an accident. Good luck.
Appreciate 0