E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake Related Hardware

11-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
RoyalFlush
Professional Coin Flipper
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Question Brake Related Hardware

I'm installing the new brake related items below.

- Rotors (StopTech Sport Slotted Cyro-Treated)
- Pads (Akebono Euro Ceramic)
- Lines (Goodridge G-Stop)
- Sensors (OEM)

Is it advised to also install new hardware below? I found pad and rotor installation kits from ECS that use OE or OEM parts, but I want some opinions if it's needed, or more likely a waste.

- Anti-rattle clip
- Sensor clip
- Guide bushing set
- Caliper guide bolt
- Brake rotor set screw
- Collar screw
- Protection plates

(I'm currently at 55K miles)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I replace:

- Anti-rattle clip
- Sensor clip
- Guide bushing set
- Caliper guide bolt
- Sensor

In addition to the rotors/pads every time I do a brake job...

You'll like the Akebono pads - you won't notice any difference with the SS lines on the street
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 11-18-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I have had multiple BMWs with well over 100,000 miles with nothing, I repeat, NOTHING but pads and rotors (and the occasional sensor if I let the pad wear far enough to trigger the light on the dash). Heck I had an e30 318is that had 300,000 miles still using the factory original guide pin, factory original anti rattling clip, and factory original guide bushing along with the original rotor set screw and caliper dust boot (dust boot replaced at around 15 years old, 240,000 miles when I had the caliper rebuilt) the day I sold it.

I think, while you're in there doing the brakes, you should replace the whole car if you think you'll need more than just rotors, pads, and sensors at 55,000 miles j/k.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
RoyalFlush
Professional Coin Flipper
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
You'll like the Akebono pads - you won't notice any difference with the SS lines on the street
I'm really looking forward to the Akebono pads, especially since I just purchased a few sets of black wheels and people rave about the low amount of brake dust.

That sucks I won't notice the different with the SS lines, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I have had multiple BMWs with well over 100,000 miles with nothing, I repeat, NOTHING but pads and rotors (and the occasional sensor if I let the pad wear far enough to trigger the light on the dash). Heck I had an e30 318is that had 300,000 miles still using the factory original guide pin, factory original anti rattling clip, and factory original guide bushing along with the original rotor set screw and caliper dust boot (dust boot replaced at around 15 years old, 240,000 miles when I had the caliper rebuilt) the day I sold it.

I think, while you're in there doing the brakes, you should replace the whole car if you think you'll need more than just rotors, pads, and sensors at 55,000 miles j/k.
It's not the case of thinking I need it, I'm just OCD. It's funny that you say "You should replace the whole car" as a joke (?), but I'm pretty much doing just that.
Appreciate 0