E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > E9X E8X RAD2+ Radio CD USB Satellite HD Receiver

03-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
dbond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

E9X E8X RAD2+ Radio CD USB Satellite HD Receiver

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 500.00

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Up for sale is very rare US spec unit with:

0. AM/FM/CD
1. USB Combox built-in
2. Sirius XM Satellite Radio receiver
3. HD Radio receiver (IBOC)
4. Bluetooth

It's a used unit in perfect cosmetic condition.
Installing this radio you will be getting rid of TCU/MULF in your trunk.

Please note, any headunits w/ SAT built-in require dealer FSC activation code ($375) specific for your vehicle VIN for the Satellite receiver to be functional. This unit will come with the specific FSC codes.

This unit can NOT be fitted in vehicles with Logic7 amp.

You will likely need to code out SOS button to disable the 'SOS malfunction' message (no more TCU). If you have hands-free, the microphone will have to be routed from TCU/MULF to the headunit.

It will fit any 3-series (E9X chassis), any 1-series (E8X chassis) and X1 (E84) without CCC or CIC navigation.

Attached Images

Last edited by dbond; 03-22-2014 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: price
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

Adding to the package 12 months of Sirius XM subscription free
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Price?
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
sluggo1246
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi msport 6MT MPPSK

I know I could search for the answers to this on the forum somewhere..

But if swapped my HU for this one...do I need the satellite box in my trunk? Also, since I have an 06 that did not have the BT in the trunk, would I need anything else to make it all function? I ask because if you have this for sale...stands to reason that you would understand the install issues on it fairly well.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM me. I'm interested for the right price. I already have the connects2 and parrot hooked up for BT as well as another aftermarket BT receiver into the AUX but it would be nice to get Sirius too.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

What's great about this headunit it has everything built in: AM/FM/CD; USB Combox; Sirius XM Satellite Radio receiver; HD Radio receiver (IBOC); Bluetooth. All you need is microphone, USB cable and SiriusXM antenna. So, no you don't need external Satellite boxes nor MULF2High nor external HD Radio receiver. It's all already there. Even bluetooth antenna is built-in
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #6
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
Price?
$500 shipped
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

Will take $350 without Sirius XM receiver activation
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
chdavis
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport

Interested. Check your PMs.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:25 AM   #9
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbond View Post
What's great about this headunit it has everything built in: AM/FM/CD; USB Combox; Sirius XM Satellite Radio receiver; HD Radio receiver (IBOC); Bluetooth. All you need is microphone, USB cable and SiriusXM antenna. So, no you don't need external Satellite boxes nor MULF2High nor external HD Radio receiver. It's all already there. Even bluetooth antenna is built-in
OK, couple questions:

I understand the need for microphone
  • If you already have USB (6FL) option - will it plug directly in to this unit & function?
  • If my car is already pre-wired for SAT, do I need to buy a Sirius/XM antenna? Because normally all I would have to do is buy a SAT box, plug it in, activate unit, for it to work
  • Finally, isn't coding necessary to have this radio work regardless?
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #10
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
OK, couple questions:

I understand the need for microphone
  • If you already have USB (6FL) option - will it plug directly in to this unit & function?
  • If my car is already pre-wired for SAT, do I need to buy a Sirius/XM antenna? Because normally all I would have to do is buy a SAT box, plug it in, activate unit, for it to work
  • Finally, isn't coding necessary to have this radio work regardless?
The headunit requires mic and SAT antenna connections in the dash. Your mic and pre-wired SAT antenna are in the trunk. Microphone can be diverted from a plug under the glovebox. With SAT antenna you have two options: a. run extension from trunk to dash or buy a small SAT antenna and trow it on the dash.

I can pre-code the HU to your car specs so it works right out of the box. But you will get 'SOS malfunction' notification every time car started. You either code it out or live with it.

In your case I'd just get a different headunit with just SAT and HD radios as you already have 6FL. You won't need SOS coding too. PM me if you need one.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
dbond
Private First Class
Rep

I have another one for sale. PM for details.
Appreciate 0