E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bob Smith - Forgot Customers Forgot Service

02-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
quickfingers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 530i w/sports package/nav

Bob Smith - Forgot Customers Forgot Service

If you are in the Calabasas area, do not bring your BMW to Bob Smith. They have forgotten the customer and forgotten service.

I brought my 06 530i in for an oil change. Gilbert treated my wife and I as if we were stupid. He never called me when he told me he would and would not keep me up to date on what was happening with my car. When I complained the head of service Giovanni, I was treated the same way.

I was told by Gilbert that I need to have my cooling system hoses changed at $1300 . He said he would see what his costs were and get back to me. Two days later he had not called me back. I talked to Giovanni about the problem I had with Gilbert. He said he would call be back in 10 minutes concerning the cost of the hoses. The next day I had to call him back. He said he could do the hose for $1000. I have a friend who services high end cars. He can change the hoses for $300 .

Bob Smith service is horrible. They have forgotten about the customer and I don't know if they ever knew what service was.

If you have to bring your BMW in for service, take it to Rusank or Steve Thomas. DO NOT TAKE YOUR BMW TO BOB SMITH UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE MISTREATED!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfingers View Post
If you are in the Calabasas area, do not bring your BMW to Bob Smith. They have forgotten the customer and forgotten service.

I brought my 06 530i in for an oil change. Gilbert treated my wife and I as if we were stupid. He never called me when he told me he would and would not keep me up to date on what was happening with my car. When I complained the head of service Giovanni, I was treated the same way.

I was told by Gilbert that I need to have my cooling system hoses changed at $1300 . He said he would see what his costs were and get back to me. Two days later he had not called me back. I talked to Giovanni about the problem I had with Gilbert. He said he would call be back in 10 minutes concerning the cost of the hoses. The next day I had to call him back. He said he could do the hose for $1000. I have a friend who services high end cars. He can change the hoses for $300 .

Bob Smith service is horrible. They have forgotten about the customer and I don't know if they ever knew what service was.

If you have to bring your BMW in for service, take it to Rusank or Steve Thomas. DO NOT TAKE YOUR BMW TO BOB SMITH UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE MISTREATED!!!!!!!
Can you refer me to your friend who services high end cars? I live in the Los Angeles area and want to know a good mechanic. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
quickfingers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 530i w/sports package/nav

Westlake Euro in Westlake Village. Ask for Ron or Judy.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

such bad services

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Fuel&Fire
Canyon Carver
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Never heard good things about Bob Smith - seems like everyone who's gone there has had a bad experience even with just routine service.... I use Rusnak with no issues so far...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Go to Steve Thomas (camarillo), ask for Travis or Warren, those guys are service pro's and the nicest mod friendly people to deal with.
Appreciate 0