E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Suspension Advice Needed

09-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Maxspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

Suspension Advice Needed

Hello,

I have a 2009 335i coupe that is lowered on H&R springs. Recently the steering has felt very disconnected and at highway speeds and anything above 80 especially, my car feels very dangerous and loose. I am aware that a car on just springs could make other things go out, but the first owner put them on, and I just haven't made suspension a priority. That being said, what do you think could be wrong?

Also, Are the ST coilovers for a grand worth it? Being a student, I do not have a bunch of money too sink into my car, but I really want too do coilovers.

Now here is the dilemma! My car has the HPF exhaust with a huge 3.5 inch pipe down the middle of the car, since I am lowered, it scrapes on most speed bumps and some driveways. The exhaust sooner or later will be toast from this scrapping, but an exhaust shop told me for now it was ok, and they couldn't do anything because I was totally catless and its illegal for them too work on it. Will coilovers, specifically ones priced 1000-2000, just lower me more and make the problem worse? Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

With Coilovers you control the height you ride at. THis means you can put them on and slam the car to the ground if you want or you can set the height to a level that is visually pleasing to you and still clears bumps a driveways mostly.

I ran ST coils for awhile and had no complaints for street driving. If you aren't planning on tracking the car at all ST's are great as well as BC otherwise you can go all the way with KW's or any other higher prices coils.
Appreciate 0