ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

10-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
P1 Motorcars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Performance Shop

.:P1 Motorcars:. 2015 F82 M4 up for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 77,000.00

Item Interest
Up for sale is our F82 M4 in Alpine White

Options:

Cloth/Leather Carbonstructure
Lighting Package
DCT
Universal Garage Door Opener
Storage Package
Anti-theft Alarm System
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Power Front Seats
Adjustable Front Armrest
Heated Front Seats
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Navigation System
Enhanced BT and Smartphone In
Shadowline Exterior Trim

The M4 is tastefully modded by the crew @ P1 and with the help of some close vendors.

List of Mods:

Dinantronics Performance Tuner Stage 1
Modesta Coating
Custom DownPipes
Akrapovic Delete-R
P1 Coated Exhaust Tips in Gloss Black
P1 Painted Calipers in AW
Awron DGA Gauge
IND Trunk Emblem in gloss black
IND Grill Surrounds in gloss black
IND Painted Front Reflectors in AW
IND Painted Side Markers in Gloss Black
BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Front Splitters
BMW M Performance Front Lip in Flat Black
H&R F82 M4 Sport Springs
HRE Flow Form Wrapped in Michelin PSS

FOR MORE DETAILS, CONTACT: SAM@P1MOTORCARS.COM OR Send a PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...it-review.html

The BMW M4 Is a Sniper in a Perfectly Tailored Suit: Review

BMW has had the same tagline for 50 years: "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

It's a relative term, and for good reason. Just ask Ludwig Willisch.

"Whereas 10 years ago people would not think of sustainability in conjunction with BMW, today they do," Willisch, who is the President of BMW USA, told me this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show. "Today it's more about changing what the perception of what the ultimate driving machine needs to be, because Generation Y has a different attitude toward that than the baby boomers had."

The way he sees it, BMW must continually work to understand this modern balance between athleticism and asceticism. Or die trying.

"There's no question -- we don't have a second choice," Willisch said. "It's that or lose."

The concept appears no more clearly than in the 2015 BMW M4 I drove last week around New York. The coupe is aggressively handsome with a huge ego and the muscle to back it up. But its newly efficient turbo-charged V6 engine reflects modern buyers' demand for something that driving machines decades ago didn't have to provide: high-performing efficiency.

Even better, it has that alluring gravitas inherent in most cars of the marque. If Daniel Craig were German, he'd be the M4 -- unsmiling, businesslike, and fit to perfection in a tailored dark suit. Deliberately reserved, this car is lethally efficient.

Most modern sports cars seem to smile, snarl, and/or seduce when they approach. This does none of that. It's a machine you see only when it wants you to. And by then it's too late.

Big Shoes To Fill

I drove the $64,200 M4 during a week at the peak of autumn in New York. First I took it with friends to brunches in Greenpoint and then whipped it alone around the southern tip of the island where, late at night, you have the highway and the sound-enhancing tunnels all to yourself.

It had a lot to live up to. This is the vehicle that replaces the well-loved M3 Coupe -- BMW now makes the M3 only in four-door form -- in the brand’s esteemed M performance line. These are the best cars BMW makes, period. People buy an M expecting it to dominate the road as a weekend track toy, and to excel as a tool impress college roommates 20 years gone.

The $64,200 M4 replaces the well-loved M3 Coupe in the brand’s esteemed M performance line -- BMW now makes the M3 only in four-door form. It also comes in convertible form for $8,000 more. Source: BMW
The $64,200 M4 replaces the well-loved M3 Coupe in the brand’s esteemed M performance line -- BMW now makes the M3 only in four-door form. It also comes in convertible form for $8,000 more. Source: BMW

The M4 is no exception. Under city and highway conditions it performed with sniper precision and prizefighting aggression. And despite its annoying stop-start function and a whiff of turbo lag -- I'll get to that in a minute -- it proved its worth.

More tellingly, I found myself casually noting to friends, "I would buy this car!" I live in the pockmarked (if endearingly so) East Village. I drive new cars every weekend. I never say that.

Smart Strength

This year's M4 comes with BMW's classic 3-liter inline-6 engine, but this one has been boosted by twin turbochargers that push it to 425 horsepower and 409 foot-pounds of torque. That is impressive considering that the preceding M3 Coupe had a 4-liter V8 that also got 425hp -- but reached only 295 ft-lb of torque and was way less efficient.

In fact, the M4 has managed to avoid the gas-guzzler taxes that add on thousands of dollars to thirsty cars, thanks to its 17 city/26 highway fuel efficiency. The engine had a lot to do with the improvement, as did weight-saving measures like the carbon-fiber reinforced plastic that comprises the rooftop and the 24-pounds-lighter transmission. All told, the M4 is 180 pounds lighter than the M3 Coupe.

There is a particular feel to the engine. I have read other reviews of the M4 that claim it performs like a finely tuned weapon. This car performs supremely, but it's incorrect to say that there's not even the faintest hint of hesitation when you accelerate quickly. Try punching the gas around a curve or on the hill passing over a bridge. You can feel the difference in engine type.

This year's M4 comes with BMW's classic 3-liter inline-6 engine, but this one has been boosted by twin turbochargers that push it to 425 horsepower and 409 foot-pounds of torque. Source: BMW
This year's M4 comes with BMW's classic 3-liter inline-6 engine, but this one has been boosted by twin turbochargers that push it to 425 horsepower and 409 foot-pounds of torque. Source: BMW

This isn’t bad -- it’s just how a turbo engine works. And it doesn't change my overall recommendation that this is a true driver's car, a machine that will serve you for years with steady, unwavering devotion. But I'd be remiss if I didn't say it was there.

The other side of the efficiency story with this car is the fuel-saving start-stop function that deadens the car when it comes to a standstill. It helps improve efficiency by double digits. But for me, it gets in the way of enjoying the car. I just don’t like the feel of it dying on me at every light. (Clearly, if you drive this car primarily on the highway or the track, this won’t be an issue. And you can disengage the start-stop function, though it decreases overall gas mileage.)

Track Credentials, Bragging Rights

BMW has done much to allow the M4 plenty of room to run on the track. You know, if that's the sort of thing you're into. In addition to the power upgrade in the engine, it has a tightened suspension, variable stability control settings and three different steering modes (comfort, sport and sport plus) that allow input from the car to be adjusted based on the driving conditions and a driver's own preference. A six-speed manual transmission comes standard. I drove the faster and more-expensive seven-speed dual-clutch.

Inside, the car has a host of upgrades like rear-view cameras, heads-up display, adaptive LED lighting, active drive-assist, and GoPro camera integration. Plus a dozen options for the color of the leather and trim. Source: BMW
Inside, the car has a host of upgrades like rear-view cameras, heads-up display, adaptive LED lighting, active drive-assist, and GoPro camera integration. Plus a dozen options for the color of the leather and trim. Source: BMW

The lack of a conventional Park setting in that set-up can be confusing. Its default is neutral; to set it Park you have to move the transmission into drive and then set the handbrake. Valets and parking attendants will ask how to adjust.

Two words about the suspension: It's stiff. Not as horrible over cobblestones and pot holes as, say, a Ferrari F12. But it's not going to coddle you, either. Don't buy this as some sort of compact cruiser. It's not. (A word to the wise: Go in for the $1,000 on the optional adaptive suspension.)

The Body Of A Boxer

Stylistically the M4 is nearly flawless. It embodies the BMW aesthetic: muscular without being braggadocios, tailored without being coy.

The M4 has the same kidney grills and punchy nose as its brethren; its body lines draw the eye cleanly, swiftly, from the front to the rear. The hood has subtle ridges down the front; the square rear and short front overhang tell everyone, 'I don't do chit-chat.'

I recommend the Mineral Grey Metallic body paint, which, paired with the red and blue stripes of the M badging, attracted approving nods around town even though the car itself is not particularly arresting. Construction workers in Tribeca and investment bankers in midtown alike know an M badge when they see one, and they respect what it means.

Inside the M4 comes with a rear seat conducive to two adult males of average height, and the dash is satisfying oriented toward the driver but remains uncluttered with superfluous buttons. (I did think some of the advance "office" and navigation computer functions, though, were a little overboard -- more of an encumbrance than a tool).

Internal Upgrades

It also has a host of upgrades (rear camera, heads-up display, adaptive LED lighting, active drive-assist, GoPro camera integration). Plus a dozen options for the color of the leather and trim (carbon fiber, anyone?) inside. Not to mention the M Performance catalogue of options like a front-splitter, matching side skirts and a rear spoiler made of carbon. You can't bespoke this car, but the personalization potential is satisfactory.

Buy the 16-speaker Harman Kardon premium sound system ($875), carbon ceramic Brembo brakes ($8,150) and moonroof (free of charge). Pair them with the 19" black alloy five-spoke wheels ($1,200). It’ll look killer.

For that matter, the brand-new convertible version of all of this costs just $8,000 more. But that's more of a spring-time purchase, isn't it?

Last edited by P1 Motorcars; 11-25-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
P1 Motorcars
Private First Class
Rep

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M4-Base-...US_Cars_Trucks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
P1 Motorcars
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
GLWS! This M4 was cared for in the most meticulous matter.
Thank you Sam. Price is lowered to $77,000 !
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Sick deal with all of those mods at $77k!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

part with awron gauge?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
P1 Motorcars
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Sick deal with all of those mods at $77k!
Thank you Bud !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
part with awron gauge?
Not at the moment !
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Not a bad price for a tastefully modded M4
Good luck with the sale
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #8
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

Perfectly modded. Good luck, awesome car!
Appreciate 0