F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Service
proTUNING Freaks
View Poll Results: Rate BMW Service
Excellent 10 37.04%
Good 9 33.33%
Neutral 6 22.22%
Bad 2 7.41%
Horrible 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

02-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Fconic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

BMW Service

Hello Everyone just wanted to see how everyone feels about BMW Service. Because they have the maintenance free program, some people feel like they don't really care about really taking care of the customer as much. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Overall I've been pleased with BMW service, though when you have to pay for it the prices are really high.

The weakest point of BMW service is the inconsistency of loaners. Some dealerships do loaners for everyone. Others only do loaners if you bought the car from them. Others don't do loaners at all. That's annoying, especially compared to Lexus, where (as far as I know) if your car is in for service you can get a loaner from any dealership you go to, period.
      02-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

some days they are good. some days i wish they were better. so, neutral.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

it's good b/c you get your car back in one peace and the ppl there are nice. Service happens fast. Just DON'T go to BMW Beverly Hills!!!

-BMW Irvine ftw

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

the dealer treats me well so i am satisfy.

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

I didn't buy my e92 from the service dealership i'm using now. But service has been great, they remind me to change my wipers and everything. Loaners are ok but not for stuff like oil changes, that takes around 1 hr. And for other times I've gotten loaners too.

Just make sure you call ahead and talk to them first. After talking with a SA, I was able to work around my schedule because of college i can't bring it in the mornings. So they allow me to drop off before they close and get me a loaner too. Can't really complain for the service either. When my steering wheel roundel started bubbling, they didn't even question it and just ordered the part (which is pretty expensive) right away.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Overall I've been pleased with BMW service, though when you have to pay for it the prices are really high.

The weakest point of BMW service is the inconsistency of loaners. Some dealerships do loaners for everyone. Others only do loaners if you bought the car from them. Others don't do loaners at all. That's annoying, especially compared to Lexus, where (as far as I know) if your car is in for service you can get a loaner from any dealership you go to, period.
+1

I've been happy with the service, problem is I have to drive an hour to get it. The dealership 5 minutes from my house played too many games when it came time to order so I went elsewhere, and they will not give you a loaner if you didn't buy the car from them.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
Fconic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
+1

I've been happy with the service, problem is I have to drive an hour to get it. The dealership 5 minutes from my house played too many games when it came time to order so I went elsewhere, and they will not give you a loaner if you didn't buy the car from them.
I am definitely spoiled with Lexus. They will give you a loaner no matter what and it is always another Lexus. One of my family member has a 5series and when they took it to the dealer, they gave my family member a Toyota Camry (great car), but hello not luxury LOL
Appreciate 0