E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Several warning lights - E91

10-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
ilgidi
Rep
Drives: E91 320D Touring Msport

Several warning lights - E91

I have a 2008 320d e91 and recently was having problems with the OBC. Several warnings were coming up one after the other, including DTC, ABS, Cruise Control, Airbag, Power Steering. Naturally I took it to the dealer to get a diagnostics report. They said that all it needed was a software upgrade, something which left me dumbfounded as it did not make sense. Anyway, I paid for the service only to realise that the problem re-occured 2 days later. Has anyone had a similar problem? I called them again this morning to get it re-checked and the guy said that this type of fault is not good news.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
ilgidi
Rep
Drives: E91 320D Touring Msport

Please Help!

Has no one ever come across something similar?? Any help will do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgidi View Post
I have a 2008 320d e91 and recently was having problems with the OBC. Several warnings were coming up one after the other, including DTC, ABS, Cruise Control, Airbag, Power Steering. Naturally I took it to the dealer to get a diagnostics report. They said that all it needed was a software upgrade, something which left me dumbfounded as it did not make sense. Anyway, I paid for the service only to realise that the problem re-occured 2 days later. Has anyone had a similar problem? I called them again this morning to get it re-checked and the guy said that this type of fault is not good news.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
sheerin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

I had that happen tonight with me 323i E90.
I'm taking it in tomorrow to find out what the heck happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
gunsekun
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

2008.. you must have factory warranty and no clue what's wrong with ur car..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Do you happen to know what fault codes they found?

Also have you noticed if your clock reset at all? A weak/failing dead battery can possibly cause these warning lights. Or a corroded IBS cable. Check your battery for loose connections and corrosion. Quick easy check. It sounds like a battery problem to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
joegeeZe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgidi View Post

I just had something like this happen to me. I would turn the car on and back out of the driveway then get a bunch of lights/symbols. I got the ABS light, seatbelt light, airbag light, tire pressure light and a few others.

I took it to the dealer on a Saturday. He said he didnt have anyone in that could look into it further, but he said that its a low voltage problem. He basically didnt know why but said if it happens again to bring it in on a week day.

I got those combinations of lights and symbols on two occasions and on both occasions the lights eventually went away on their own.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
sheerin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

When it happened tonight, i had just repositioned my car on my girlfriend's driveway which is kinda steep.
It's really weird. I'm hoping it's nothing major as i'm out of warranty
Appreciate 0