F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > '01 530i Problems
ARMA SPEED

04-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

'01 530i Problems

Essentially I have 3..

1. When starting the car, every once in a while when you turn the key it will try to turn over for 1 second then all electronics go out. Sometimes it will go out then come back within a second and turn over.

If it doesn't come back I have to take the key out, manually open the trunk, and wiggle the wire on my battery a little. After I wiggle it the lights come back on and it will usually start. If not I have to repeat this 1-2 more times before it turns over.

Could the fit on the battery be a little loose to where its not transferring electricity properly? Battery should still be good, i'll have to check its output.

2. My right tail light periodically goes out. The bulb is fine, so it has to be the wiring. Where could the problem be? I think I remember reading that the ground wire is faulty on the taillights in bmw's around 00-02. This has been going on for a month or so. Since my left taillight is now doing it as well, it's no longer a bearable problem.

3. I think my front control arms need replacing, correct me if i'm wrong. At around 50mph+ my car will start to significantly pull to the right, enough where I have to keep steady pressure on the wheel to keep it straight. Every now and then it will pull to the left as well, and i'll have to continually make adjustments to stay in my lane. When turning it feels loose, as if the wheels are slipping one way or another. It feels as though i'm having to turn the wheel more than normal when pulling out of my driveway to make a 90 degree turn.

Sometimes when pulling up to a stop sign there will be a hole in the road. I usually hit it with the right tire going at a very slow speed and braking. My tire will start to rapidly shake up and down for about 2-3 seconds and then stop, as if i ran over several large rocks.

Prices for all the parts to fix these problems??
Possibly labor as well if I can't do it myself.