BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Post VAC Motorsports | 335i Quaife LSD 3.46 Auto Differential / Final Drive

VAC Performance Built Differential with Quaife - A.T.B. LSD 3.46 Auto

Welded core - $2,578
Bolted core - $2,249

Learn what fits your car and place an order here

Note: Your car has either a welded or bolted differential. ALL product and application information can be found in the link above to ensure you choose the proper unit.

Click here to see how we build these differentials in house.

VAC Tips:
-We have run a Quaife ATB HARD in our daily driven and often tracked 135i with absolute success.
-We have sold a ton of these to other 135i and 335i owners with absolutely NO problems.
-The ATB is the most popular unit that we install here at the shop on E8x and E9x platforms.
-Additionally we have installed dozens of Quaife units in platforms other than E8x/E9x and they always perform flawlessly.

Why do you want a Quaife LSD?
Improved acceleration, traction and stability. Rather than using clutch plates as a method of operation, the Quaife ATB uses sets of floating helical cut gear pinions that run in pockets and mesh during normal driving. Should one of the driven wheels start to spin however, the helical gears start to generate a torque bias thanks to the axial and radial thrust of the helical gear pinions in their pockets. The result is a progressive transfer of torque away from the spinning side of the axle to the driven wheel, which is now capable of transmitting a greater proportion of torque. Unlike a plate style LSD the Quaife unit delivers performance without the need for strip downs and rebuilds. There are no plates or gears to wear or break and the ATB units retain standard vehicle lubrication.
  • All QUAIFE differentials come with a life time warranty.
  • Maximizes traction and minimizes wheel spin
  • Proven in drag and circuit racing, rallying and road use
  • Maintenance free design and retains standard axle lubrication
  • Produced from British Steel billets throughout
  • CAD designed and CNC machined then inspected to ISO 9001 standards
  • Used by Ford, GM and Daimler-Chrysler as original equipment

Why VAC?
VAC Performance Rear Differentials are built to last with the highest quality components, procedures, and technical expertise in the industry. We have been building BMW differentials since the 1980s - 2002, E46, E92, street, race - we have done it. We have been building various differentials for the last 40 years, so you can rest assured that the job will be done right the first time. Our BMW differentials are run in countless race series and by hundreds of street customers because our quality and options are unmatched. All is performed in our complete machine shop which ensures top qualify control. We do not have to worry about outsourcing it to a vendor who may or may not do the job properly. There will be no back log. We are proud of our process and we invite anyone to stop by the shop for a tour.

Refunds
-There are NO frivolous refunds on Super Sale orders
-Only replacement of defective, or mis-shipped products are available
-Members cannot change ratios after product is ordered

Cores
We have a number of 3.08 cores already in house, so there will be no problems kicking this off properly.

Inventory

*note: since these are built to order there is an actual build time. We usually deliver in less than 2 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaser pics:

VAC Performance Build Differential with optional Billet Differential Cover
Appreciate 0