F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Dodgers Vs Astro's 8/14
ARMA SPEED

07-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Dodgers Vs Astro's 8/14

Hi guys,

Going to be travelling to USA in a couple of weeks and arrive in LA at 10am on August 14th. Am hoping to freshen up and head straight to dodger stadium to catch the game (I love MLB and american sports in general).

2 quick questions:

- What is the best way (quickest) to get to dodger stadium from Santa Monica BLVD? Was looking at bus routes but it said 1 hour! Taxi? cost?

- Will I be able to just get walk up tickets without much fuss?

Cheers
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

I can't help you with directions, I'm in Texas.

I've bought tickets on short notice from www.stubhub.com when I've been in out of town and wanted to go to a game. If you have a couple of weeks, just buy yourself tickets and have them shipped to you. You could always buy tickets from the Dodgers directly and pick them up at will call.

Have a Dodger dog!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Ahh cool. Yeah I was going to use Stubhub but only wanted to see if really necessary as any delays will likely cause me to miss the game - So if I can avoid buying before hand that would be preferred.

Just my luck that it's the only game I'm able to catch!

Dodger dogs good? Call it petty but I've been craving baseball hot dogs and beer ever since I last visited the states ~ 6 years ago (Wrigley field to see my cubbies - Had no interest in the sport being a kid by Sammy Sosa stole my heart)
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

tickets will be really easy to get because the dodgers suck this year, and lots of people are not going in protest of the shitty owner. Dodger dogs are not like normal hot dogs at other baseball stadiums. For the most mind blowing hot dogs go to Pink's.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
tickets will be really easy to get because the dodgers suck this year, and lots of people are not going in protest of the shitty owner. Dodger dogs are not like normal hot dogs at other baseball stadiums. For the most mind blowing hot dogs go to Pink's.
Yeah I heard Pink's is the place to go! Will defs have to give it a go. Thanks for your help guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

getting to the stadium from santa monica blvd will be a challange. but at least its a sunday which i guess isnt as bad as a weekday but still could provide for a lot of traffic. an hour sounds about right depending on where on santa monica blvd. Taxi would be your best bet unless you know someone who can give you a ride. stay away from other public transport lol. maybe you can find a metro near where you are, take it to downtown (union station) and take a taxi from there. a lot cheaper.

as for tickets. try stubhub or you can get them at the stadium. definitely will not be sold out. as someone said earlier, the dodgers do suck this year.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Fuck. An hour by cab? Any idea how much the fare will run me?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
byy123
Rep
Drives: M3

taxi is going to be expensive. at least 50 bucks...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
This is the land of commuters man...from Santa Monica yeah prolly like $50 but honestly i dont see any other options...public transport? hahaha no.
Appreciate 0