F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Comfort access trunk open delay after software update?
GetBMWParts

11-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

Question Comfort access trunk open delay after software update?

I took my 2013 F30 in for service last week and since then I realized that the trunk takes significantly more time to open up when you waive your foot under it.

This is what is happening now:
1) Waive foot under trunk
2) After sometime the tail lights will start flashing a few times.
3) The trunk opens after that.

I don't recollect the exact sequence but the trunk used to open much quicker earlier.

Also there is no beep when the trunk opens.

Anyone experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
I took my 2013 F30 in for service last week and since then I realized that the trunk takes significantly more time to open up when you waive your foot under it.

I don't recollect the exact sequence but the trunk used to open much quicker earlier.

Anyone experienced this?
Yes. I've noticed the same thing!

I have a 2012 model and the comfort access trunk opening time/behavior seems to have changed each time the software has been updated.

I wonder if they delay it a bit now so people don't get get bonked in the nose by the trunk opening too fast on them.

Your post has spurred me to see if I can find where the change is. I'll see if I can code it back to the original delay.

I don't remember if it always flashed the tail lights or not when I kicked under the trunk; I don't think it used to, but that was 35K miles ago. I'll see if there is a setting for that too.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #3
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman
Quote:

Anyone experienced this?
Yes. I've noticed the same thing!

I have a 2012 model and the comfort access trunk opening time/behavior seems to have changed each time the software has been updated.

I wonder if they delay it a bit now so people don't get get bonked in the nose by the trunk opening too fast on them.

Your post has spurred me to see if I can find where the change is. I'll see if I can code it back to the original delay.

I don't remember if it always flashed the tail lights or not when I kicked under the trunk; I don't think it used to, but that was 35K miles ago. I'll see if there is a setting for that too.
Thanks for checking this out. Let us know if you find something.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Success!

I compared an old .ncd to the current ncd and found a difference related to the CA trunk opening delay!

The current normal behavior after recognizing the "kick" is to flash the tail lights 3 times at a 1 second interval. The trunk opens the start of the second set of flashes (after 1 second).

I coded the following variable and now the trunk opens immediately after the kick during the first set of flashes.

The settings are:

FEM_BODY / 3040 ClMaster / CLM_TIMEOUT_HK_SMO from wert_04 to wert_01

The wert values are preset time values in 1/10ths of a second as follows:

wert_00 = 05 (0.5 seconds)
wert_01 = 00 (0.0 seconds) My new setting.
wert_02 = 03 (0.3 seconds)
wert_03 = 07 (0.7 seconds)
wert_04 = 0A (1.0 seconds) Default.

It also looks like you can turn off the flashing, but I didn't try it as it doesn't cause a delay in the trunk opening:

FEM_BODY / 3040 ClMaster / CLM_SMO_INDICATOR from aktiv to nicht_aktiv

Here is a video of the before (delayed) behavior. You can see that the trunk opens on the second set of flashes.

and here is a video after coding. You can see that the trunk opens on the first set of flashes.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman
I I compared an old .ncd to the current ncd and found a difference related to the CA trunk opening delay!

The current normal behavior after recognizing the "kick" is to flash the tail lights 3 times at a 1 second interval. The trunk opens the start of the second set of flashes (1 second).

I coded the following variable and now the trunk opens immediately after the kick during the first set of flashes. It also looks like you can turn off the flashing, but I didn't try it as it doesn't cause a delay in opening.

The settings are:

FEM_BODY / 3040 ClMaster / CLM_TIMEOUT_HK_SMO from wert_04 to wert_01

The wert values are preset time values in 1/10ths of a second as follows:

wert_00 = 05 (0.5 seconds)
wert_01 = 00 (0.0 seconds) My new setting.
wert_02 = 03 (0.3 seconds)
wert_03 = 07 (0.7 seconds)
wert_04 = 0A (1.0 seconds) Default.

It looks like you can also turn off the flashing if you want (untested):

FEM_BODY / 3040 ClMaster / CLM_SMO_INDICATOR from aktiv to nicht_aktiv

Here is a video of the before (delayed) behavior. You can see that the trunk opens on the second set of flashes.

and here is a video after coding. You can see that the trunk opens on the first set of flashes.

Thanks for confirming this!!!

Now if only I had the balls to code my car myself. I read your detailed coding posts long time back and since then have been just "thinking" of coding my car.

Do you know anyone in AZ who would be willing to code others's cars?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for confirming this!!!

Now if only I had the balls to code my car myself. I read your detailed coding posts long time back and since then have been just "thinking" of coding my car.

Do you know anyone in AZ who would be willing to code others's cars?
I don't know of anyone in AZ that can code. I also looked at the main coders list on the other forums and didn't see any F-series coders in AZ at all.

I think it's time to learn how to code! It's really very easy.

PM Sent.
Appreciate 0