E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Mix-n-Match Sport/Standard Seat Possible?

09-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
mikew325
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0 NA N52

Mix-n-Match Sport/Standard Seat Possible?

My situation: I've got the Base Leatherette interior in my 325i, the driver's side seat has some cracks/tears in the leatherette on the side bolster of the lower cushion. I've tried repairing it with the DIY leather/vinyl repair kits but the tears are too close to the seam to stick down. I called some upholstery shops around the area and they all want to charge >$100 to repair the cracks. So here is my proposed solution.....I can get an entire lower seat cushion from eBay for roughly $150 and just replace the entire cushion. My question is, would I be able to use a sport seat cushion (leatherette) with the standard seats? I'm not worried about the embroidery matching etc. and I honestly prefer the upper part of the standard seats b/c the sport seat bolsters are a bit too narrow for my broad shoulders. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
mikew325
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0 NA N52

Mods you can delete this thread, with a better search I found a thread
Appreciate 0