F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Sort of like a rental car review haha
Extreme Powerhouse

10-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
VirtuousWolf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i SP

Talking Sort of like a rental car review haha

So, you know when I got my 330i, after like 3 days, I was lusting after a 335 or even an M3

I feel a lot better now, after a weekend in my moms car.

I used to drive my saab 9-5 and I have to admit, I loved my Saabs!!! So when I got this car I couldn't really compare it to my old one since I was so biased. My mom drives a lexus es300, which is the car I'm having to drive right now because I flew down from Texas Tech, for the weekend. I used to like her car, it didn't have a sport mode like my saab, or a handbrake, but I enjoyed putting it in low gear and shifting through the gates, L,2,3,4, and then D. The handling is ok, but super comfy. I used to like the Lexus, not as much as my Saab, but it was still ok to drive.

Now flash forward to a couple of months with my bimmer, and I can't stand to drive the car...
The steering is so easy to move, I mean you can move the thing with a soft poke from your pinky... It makes me feel completely disconnected from the road.. I know why they do it (comfort and what not) but I can't stand it!

Then there is the "acceleration" I thought my bmw had a little bit of a lag..
The sort of lag thats like the car asking you a question. "are you sure you wanna go? Ok here we go!!!"

With this car though, it's like
"are you sure you wanna go? Hmph, I don't think you really wanna go, I think you just want to extend your foot to the floor to strech your legs from all the work you've done as a realtor today.. Hmph, instead of going, I'm going to make this whining noise, that sounds like I'm building this immense pressure that is full of power, but alas I'm not going to go anywhere, because I don't think you really want to go anywhere, you just want to relax!"

It almost feels unsafe to drive this car after driving the bimmer, and it's not a bad car, I mean it's a heck of a lot more comfortable on the bumps than my car (mine has a real suspension though). It's not an aveo or a mazda2, it's a Lexus, sure it's a rebadged toyota, but I never realized how different cars actually are. I know I shouldn't talk bad about a "luxury" car trying to do "sporty stuff" but I feel like all the bmw's build a great driver to road bond, that I just haven't experienced in another car (maybe I have to drive nicer car's).

Lol the weird thing is at lights with heavy foot to the floor action, the lexus will spin it's wheels way more than my car which surprises me.

Oh and point for Lexus for being bullet proof, this car has not had any sort of problems, maybe because it has a 3.0 and is only producing 185hp...

Oh and in before "haha you drive your moms car" "Haha you are speeding in your moms car"

"And haha you are complaining about your moms car, you should be happy she is letting you borrow it"

Anyways, the point of the rant, if it even has one. Is to just remind us all that we should be thankful for what we have, other people say that their car is enough for what they need, but I think that is just because they haven't experienced a real car!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
1-2MANY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3