E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > M-tech/M-sport Replica Bumper Review W/Pics

02-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MW F80

Exclamation M-tech/M-sport Replica Bumper Review W/Pics

Ordering process:

I emailed Andrew at Euro-Spec (Andrew.eurospec@gmail.com) (e90post discount)and told him I would like to try out the M tech/M Sport rep bumper. I have been interested in this bumper a while but OEM was just too expensive right now. Received an email from Andrew a few minutes later. A few days later I was ready to make the buy and being local to Euro-Spec I drove up to LA and picked up the bumper. Note that this was during the weekend but he still made the bumper available for pickup. I was very happy with the service and the prompt responses from Euro-Spec
http://www.dtm-spec.net/v3/

Packaging

The bumper was in a big box roughly 24x27x74. Inside the box laid the bumper wrapped in a protective plastic type bag. The only drawback I saw was that there were no peanuts and or air bags to fully protect the bumper against damage. For me this didn’t matter, but if it was to get shipped I definitely think there should be some more protection, especially around the corners.

Quality of Material
The material used in the manufacturing process of this bumper is ABS plastic. It is one step below Polyurethane in terms of strength and durability. Now by no means is this anywhere near fiberglass so it won’t expand and shrink.

Test Fitting

Went ahead and removed all the ducts to ensure fitment. The bumper slid on with a minimal amount of adjusting. Tightened one bolt in each corner and two in the outside under the hood in front. Bumper looks very flush and fits almost as well as the oem one. It took a little work and I mean a little to get it perfect around the inner part of the headlights ( was covering one of the headlights a little bit on the inner portion but got it worked out. The pre-drilled holes that connect the bumper to the left and right quarter panel had to be re-drilled with a bigger drill bit to allow for an easier install. This also allowed me to get a more flush curve with the oem bumper…Was probably only 1millimeter off but why not fix it. The brake ducting from the oem bumper fits but is useless for this bumper sits they sit too far towards the middle. The oil cooler duct however I left in place since it was located just far enough towards the outside to still collect air. I'm impressed.

Improvements
The bumper doesn’t come with pre drilled holes for the skid plate, though this is an easy fix. Between the upper bumper screws and the screws in the wheel well nothing is needed for the skid plate as it sits above the lower lip of the bumper.
The bumper does not come with any grills or fog lights, though I have some OEM ones on order from Tischer that I will be testing to see fit. They were only 80$ shipped
Had to reuse the clips from the stock bumper for the screws in the wheel well…No big.
No precut holes for tow hook or headlight washers. Easy body shop fix

Cliffnotes:

Service: 10/10
Delivery: 10/10
Fitment: 9/10

Now to the most important questions:

Am I happy with it? Couldn't be happier. Its almost as perfect as OEM but for less than ½ the price.
Do I feel like I got my money's worth? Definitely. Would buy from them again.

02-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

pretty impressive 4 a rep

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0