F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 1995 Bmw 850 Csi
GetBMWParts

05-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
puffysheep
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

1995 Bmw 850 Csi

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I am seriously considering buying this car but I wanted to hear your opinion.

First, with a low mileage below 50K and excellent condition, how much would you be willing to pay? Also what would be the market price in 2013.

Second, for those of you who owns this car or have owned it in the past, how does it perform? Did you have lot of mechanical or electrical problems while owning this vehicle? I am not interested in the specific numbers, rather I would appreciate your qualitative answers such as drivability, comfort/performance, ergonomics and others.

Thirds, what does this car feel when driving when compared to current BMW models like the 6 series or even M6?

Lastly, would you say this is worth owning today or buying some other classic car in the similar price range instead?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

One for sale in Central Texas for 8,xxx$
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
ajw45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

I had a '91 850i with a 6 speed so not nearly as quick as a CSi but it had the CSi aero, shorter LSD, upgraded manifolds, upgraded suspension, etc. I don't know what the market price is these days for a CSi but I can tell you I loved owning that car.

Performance on the non-CSi was... not great. The torque of the v12 combined with the manual made it feel quick and peppy but it always bothered me that the car wasn't as fast as it looked. Maybe the extra power of the CSi would fix that since the power to weight is a lot closer to an e39 M5.

Despite most reports, I had very few mechanical or electrical issues so it was actually quite reliable. Though, when I did have an issue, it was usually pretty expensive since the car was so over engineered. Upper and lower oil pans? Yup. Dual everything with two i6 engines, two massive batteries, you get the idea.

Ergonomics are the best of any car I've ever driven, period. I autocrossed the car a few times when my other car was in the shop it was a ton of fun. The steering feel is actually quite good compared to a modern 6 or 7 series and handling was excellent after all the upgrades. One thing to consider, even though the was big for it's time, it's relatively low and compact compared the more modern BMWs.

Build quality was excellent and the speakers aren't bad but the head unit sucks, and people will make fun of you for the zack morris phone bolted to the center console

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffysheep View Post
I am seriously considering buying this car but I wanted to hear your opinion.

First, with a low mileage below 50K and excellent condition, how much would you be willing to pay? Also what would be the market price in 2013.

Second, for those of you who owns this car or have owned it in the past, how does it perform? Did you have lot of mechanical or electrical problems while owning this vehicle? I am not interested in the specific numbers, rather I would appreciate your qualitative answers such as drivability, comfort/performance, ergonomics and others.

Thirds, what does this car feel when driving when compared to current BMW models like the 6 series or even M6?

Lastly, would you say this is worth owning today or buying some other classic car in the similar price range instead?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions.
Appreciate 0