BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Pariah4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

PAC LOC help needed!!!! No signal output!

Hey everyone, hoping for some ideas here...

I am wiring in some older components (amp and subs) to tide me over until I get what I really want.

I have wired in the LOC with remote turn on and I have a turn on signal and power, the amp turns on when it should, there is no noise. With my crappy multimeter I know I have signal going into the LOC, but can't measure any coming out into the RCA cables.

I have it wired mono from the yellow/black and brown/orange wires into the factory amp.

When I turn up the signal all the way on the LOC and flip the RCA/Wired switch I get a small pop I can hear in the subs, so I know that something is getting through...

All I can think is that there is something wrong with my PAC LOC (SOEM-T, brand new yesterday) or I grabbed the wrong signal wires and should have grabbed a stock amp output...

Any thoughts or insights are much appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Pariah4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Update

I have switched to the left sub output from the factory amp (red/white +, brown/yellow -), and I am having the same problem... I am also getting a constant positive voltage from both wires... How is that possible?

Please help!
Appreciate 0