Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires - All Seasons (Mini Review)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires - All Seasons (Mini Review)

FOLLOW UP REVIEW
More than 1,500 mi review
*Very solid tires for wet, light snow performance. Performance in deep snow / blizzard conditions still admirable and you can still drive around.
*The tires have broken in officially and they feel great. Ride comfort, cornering, stability all high marks. Yes, they are less rigid than RFTs, but that's a good thing. They are also quiet.
*Have tested high speeds up to 155 MPH. Done it a few times without an issue, and have complete confidence in its performance. You cannot beat this set-up for the price, I'm sure Michelins are great but they also come with a hefty price tag.
*Worried about FLATS, get the SLIME tire emergency package on amazon - comes with a air compressor for just $29.99. Beat that BMW Mobility Kit :P

Less than 1,000 mi review
*Silent tires at all speeds up to 120mph so far. No vibrations. Turn-in and feel are good but not as stiff as the RFTs. To be expected, softer sidewalls. Happy with the rigidity regardless, even on normal inflation as indicated on door sills.
*Dry traction is great, but not as good as the RFTs I don't think. Then again, maybe it's the tires still breaking in...
*Wet traction is excellent, even when accelerating hard out of turns and straights. Blitzes the RFTs in the wet, complete confidence when powering through.
*Snow traction none to report yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by S65V8; 02-16-2010 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Continental, ExtremeDWS, Snow Tires, Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

I, too, bought a set of Continental DWS for my 335i E92 in september and have been extremely satisfied. The dry and wet handling are superb, and the snow traction from what I have read on this forum, and from TireRack, proves to be extremely good for all season tires. The best all season tires for me so far. I became so confident with the new Continental tires that I also bought a set of 17" Continental ExtremeWinter contact.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep

FOLLOW UP REVIEW
More than 1,500 mi review
*Very solid tires for wet, light snow performance. Performance in deep snow / blizzard conditions still admirable and you can still drive around.
*The tires have broken in officially and they feel great. Ride comfort, cornering, stability all high marks. Yes, they are less rigid than RFTs, but that's a good thing. They are also quiet.
*Have tested high speeds up to 155 MPH. Done it a few times without an issue, and have complete confidence in its performance. You cannot beat this set-up for the price, I'm sure Michelins are great but they also come with a hefty price tag.
*Worried about FLATS, get the SLIME tire emergency package on amazon - comes with a air compressor for just $29.99. Beat that BMW Mobility Kit :P

Less than 1,000 mi review
*Silent tires at all speeds up to 120mph so far. No vibrations. Turn-in and feel are good but not as stiff as the RFTs. To be expected, softer sidewalls. Happy with the rigidity regardless, even on normal inflation as indicated on door sills.
*Dry traction is great, but not as good as the RFTs I don't think. Then again, maybe it's the tires still breaking in...
*Wet traction is excellent, even when accelerating hard out of turns and straights. Blitzes the RFTs in the wet, complete confidence when powering through.
*Snow traction none to report yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep

FINAL REVIEW
These tires were great on 335i all the way to 28k miles. Lasted two winters and a total of two full seasons. Value for money, performance, all-in-one. They were so great, I got them again for my M3 for the upcoming winter months!
Appreciate 0