E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > My DIYers & Pros - Let's Talk Tools

02-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Post My DIYers & Pros - Let's Talk Tools

So I haven't seen a thread such as this around and it has been in the back of my head to start my little hobby setup for maintaining my ride.

Show or chat about your experience with your setup. If you are looking to get a setup started; ask questions.

Personally my setup is fairly small but do intend on expanding as I love working on my car. (few sockets and wrenches, specialty's like hex, torx etc) I am thinking of making things simpler and easier with an air tool setup. I have zero experience with this. As far as I can remember I've been wrenching by hand. The big benefit of a compressed air setup in my opinion would be the ability to use around the house for other purposes other than maintaining the car(s) of the household. My question is what are the requirements for this? and if any experiences do share as well.

The hope is sharing the info for anyone who might be scared of touching a wrench with a long stick to get out of the fear of using tools.

Pictures are welcome Show your space and setup!