F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > The Whole30 Program
Extreme Powerhouse

02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
The Whole30 Program

Anyone see this? Seems like it could just be another online fad diet, but so far I am digging it.

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

After a few days of trying this, I feel pretty damn good. I can eat a ton of food. I never realized how many calories grains and breads and sugars took up in my diet until I started counting more closely and doing this.

The hardest part about this is working it into a diet for an athlete or someone doing relatively hard workouts daily. You need to eat a lot of food to ensure you're getting enough calories/nutrients.

Pre and post workout snacks/meals are key. They recommend a little bit of protein and fats 15-75 mins before the workout (no fruit or carb dense veggies), then follow up the workout within 15-30 minutes with good protein and carb dense veggies like sweet potato/yams or a few others.

So anyone see this before? It's like a paleo diet, only a bit strict with regards to sugars.
      02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Yep, my wife has been organizing paleo challenges within our office, our Crossfit gym and a few other offices in the area. People have no clue as to what they should eat and the whole 30 does help them out, add some exercise to the plan and people can start to get healthier.
Appreciate 0