E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - E92 CDV (Clutch Delay Valve) Removal

11-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #353
maarzz
E92 335i P/S/C Pkg Monteg blue
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PSCW-Pkg Montego blue

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Jagaer;23134798]Removed the CDV on my 2011 E91 XI.

Figured I might as well flush/bleed the brakes and clutch at the same time. I used a Motive Power Bleeder with 1L of BMW Fluid ($25 including HST from the dealer)

Great Post Jagaer! Thanks... and hoping you or some one else more experienced on this matter than me could help with my issue...
I need some help coz my clutch line is leaking after removing the CDV and connecting the hose nozzle directly to the line. It was a pain to insert back in, and I have no clue why. Also one of the metal clips, the one towards the rear end of the car, was rusted (New England ) so it broke when removing the CDV. I straightened out the ends of the CDV to Nozzle connection clip and used it instead, however, that too took a lot of effort to place it in. Two big issues now that I would appreciate some input/guidance on:
1. Could the nozzle not be seated and is there a way to check this? Or are the two surfaces not congruous and this the leak is inevitable?
2. I could just punch out the fluid restrictor from the CDV and reinstall it, but now my dilemma is I am short one clip and I cannot figure out what to call it or what size if I have to source it from my local parts store.
I would appreciate any input on this greatly as now my car is stranded on the ramps
Thx
      11-27-2020, 07:46 PM   #354
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Late reply here, you probably figured out already, but in any case I will write.
The plastic CDV has an o-ring on its thin male section and that provides the sealing. The hose ending that goes into the thicker femaile end of the CDV also has same shape o-ring on it. That is why you can take the CDV part out and directly connect the hose to where CDV goes into.

The receiver where the CDV goes into corrodes inside by time and corrosion takes up more space; it expands. The o-rings also hardens by age. This causes removal and putting back the CDV difficult. You need to try to clean all the corrosion at the female receiving end first. Also use new o-rings.

You will see the o-ring here, which is the CDV part. Buying a new one of these is one way to have new o-rings:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...hoCTokQAvD_BwE
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #355
maxwell1331
Rep
Drives: 2010 e91

Best mod yet

Just deleted the CDV on my new to me 2011 e90 335i and I'm very pleased. Felt like I forgot how to drive stick ... turns out this stupid valve was the culprit. 1-2 shifts are much smoother.

Careful, first time I engaged reverse the engagement caught me off guard.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 10:32 AM   #356
Mc 007
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Someone with a diesel E9x have change or delete this valve? Soon i will change my clutch on 330d
Thx
Appreciate 0