E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > UUC's Shipping and Manufacturing Departments are horrible

02-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

UUC's Shipping and Manufacturing Departments are horrible

I ordered a UUC SSK and DSSR + Trans Mounts on 1/18/2013, it was important that these would be shipped out same day because I was dropping off my car to have it's clutch replaced and I wouldn't want to have to go back twice. Thankfully the sales-person assured me that indeed, they did have them in stock and I should receive a confirmation shortly.

The parts haven't arrived, I haven't received an email and my car is about to go under for the clutch and flywheel. I call up UUC because you can't email them and they assure me that they're waiting on one small part that's holding up my kit, good news is that they'll have it next week and they'll ship it out next day.

So the kit ships out 1/29/2013, it's missing the DSSR. The DSSR unit is now marked as backordered, I call them and 'Rob' says don't worry it's easy to install after the fact (it isn't) at this point I'm waiting for a flywheel from ClutchMasters (6 Bolt Crank, that's another story) so I'm irritated but it's not a big deal.

Week goes by without shipping, I call, don't worry one week out. End of that week I call it'll be two weeks out. I call today and there's no ETA, it's just backordered. So I cancelled, hopefully Turner has them in stock and can overnight the damn thing.

So tl;dr:
UUC's Sales Department doesn't know what things are in stock or out of stock. They will lie to you to get an order in.
UUC's Manufacturing Department doesn't give accurate timelines. They will lie to you to placate you.

The good news is that any of their re-sellers actually know what they have in stock and will gladly price-match any of UUCs promotions, it's my hope that you never have to deal with them or their ridiculous business practices.

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I've had nothing but bad experience with UUC. I went out of my way to remove all UUC products.
      12-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Humm, ordered a set of blue transmission mounts from them last week. Called, and waited on the phone for 10mins before someone answered and told it will be shipped by yesterday. Well, nope, nor did it get shipped today... I should have googled their reviews before I placed the order...

Going to wait until tomorrow, if not I just gonna cancel the order and order a set of RE mounts from HPA. It is kind of a joke that they don't response to emails for orders, and their office close an hour and half earlier than they are suppose to...

Update, I cancelled the order. It seems like they have some inventory problem and can't keep track of what's in stock or not...

Last edited by Cloud9blue; 12-11-2014 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
I wouldn't install those UUC transmission mounts, those are junk, some guy with a 128i put them in his car, I think they broke apart or the bolts came off or something, just FYI. UUC, ugh, how are they still in business, I've heard too many horror stories
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
MMMCOOKIES55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP/ '16 ATS-V

My ol' E36 UUC mounts both ripped during a track event a few years ago. Haven't looked back since. I am sure some of their products are good, but the customer service has always been sub par for me as well.
Appreciate 0