F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Wade Phillips Fired!
Extreme Powerhouse

11-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Wade Phillips Fired!

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=5780262

I guess it was only a matter of time... but getting blown out yesterday was the nail in the coffin.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

DAMN IT!

I so enjoyed the Cowgirls sucking.... How dare they take steps to right the ship....
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Nexlevmm
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M

lol. im still a die-hard fan of Dallas.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Can you do me a huge favor and tell the Lions O-Line to open up a hole for Best? He is on my fantasy team and it drives me crazy that he has so much talent but can't get past the line of scrimmage when he takes the hand off... Now when he lines up as a WR he requires a CB or defense gets burned... Lions are so fucking talented.. team is gonna be nasty real soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Can you do me a huge favor and tell the Lions O-Line to open up a hole for Best? He is on my fantasy team and it drives me crazy that he has so much talent but can't get past the line of scrimmage when he takes the hand off... Now when he lines up as a WR he requires a CB or defense gets burned... Lions are so fucking talented.. team is gonna be nasty real soon.
Are you kidding? The Lions O-Line is historically bad. It's "we have 5 O-Line spots to fill before we can keep a QB healthy for more than 4 quarters and average over 3 yards per carry" BAD. They're set at the skill positions, and as you have seen, can keep the opponents' offenses to a respectable yardage total (just need a MLB and CB and we should be set on D, along with a coach who isn't too much of a pansy to blitz in a close game or with the lead).

All this talent doesn't matter. The QB is made of glass, we don't have a punishing back to run between the tackles, and Peterman gets driven 12 yards into the backfield every running play while Backus just falls flat on his face without blocking anyone. Oh, by the way, that's only when we manage to get the snap off if Raiola doesn't get called for a false start....

I said it before the season, and I'll say it again... The Lions will continue to lose consistently until they address the O-Line, especially with Stafford and his fragile little brittle body.

I'm pissed as hell right now that the Jets had to take out Jason Hanson with a cheap shot in order to beat us. Typical of such a classless team and staff though. Or maybe they're just really smart and realize he's been our MVP ever since Barry left....

Anyway, maybe you should call Linehan up and tell him Best isn't a between-the-tackles running back.... He seems to have confused him with John Clay or Ronnie Brown.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

As long as the Cowboys keep losing I'm fine with this.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
lazie fo0
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 JB e90

+1 at ragingclue..Losing to the Jets in the final moments was very frustrating. What were they thinking throwing the ball on 3rd down and stopping the clock with an incomplete pass Also Lions finally have a good QB but he can't stay healthy
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

a little diatribe i wrote in the doctor's office waiting room: "When will you people realize that wade isn't the problem? Yes, he is A problem, but not THE problem. Jason Garrett isn't THE problem either, nor the players, or the rest of the coaches. The REAL problem is Jerry Jones. Until he's able to relinquish his role as GM and let real football people do the managing, then the problems will continue. Just look at it this way...coaches and players have come and gone up to and including the Jimmy era...one thing has remained a constant: Jerry Jones and his way. Wade was Jerry's puppet. I'm sure Jerry would still like a puppet, but at what expense? Ruining his multi-billion dollar franchise? Someone needs to wake Jerry up! Everyone needs to wake up and quit blaming the supporting cast! Fire the damn director!"

needless to say, i'm a die-hard cowboys fan and my facebook is flooded with the blame wade game. it really isn't his fault and everyone needs to know it. that's my soap box...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
88Brimble
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

I hate the Cowboys...but Jason Garrett lol? Not exactly a huge step forward.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazie fo0 View Post
+1 at ragingclue..Losing to the Jets in the final moments was very frustrating. What were they thinking throwing the ball on 3rd down and stopping the clock with an incomplete pass Also Lions finally have a good QB but he can't stay healthy
It wasn't just that they threw the ball.... It was that they threw the ball with Stanton in the game. Terrible call. The guy is the most clueless roster filler in the entire league. Anyone with half a brain would have sat on the damn ball, but he's just too frickin stupid. On top of that, he's too uncoordinated to throw the ball to the receiver with any accuracy, so the play call was doomed from the start. However, there's no guarantee that running an extra :45 off the clock would have made a difference. Schwartz would still have dropped into soft coverage with a team that can't tackle for shit anyway, which is what killed us. Our only chance to stop the Jets was in their own backfield, NOT up the field. We've got the players to cover as long as we can get to the QB quickly, and you can't rely on the front 4, as good as they are, to be your entire pass rush the whole game.

The truth is, they aren't used to playing with the lead late in the game, and I think it shows. You don't win at the end of the game with "bend-don't-break". Look at all the most successful teams in recent memory... You can be damned sure they would have been brining a couple extra guys with bump-and-run on that last drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

I've waited 9 posts for this....

Go G-men.

5:20 PM EST Edit: Jerry Jones stumbles over his words after he is asked if he thinks Garrett will perform better than Wade Phillips. A question a real GM would be able to answer. But JJ isn't a real GM.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:

Go G-men.
Yeah thanks for injuring Hill, you jerk.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Brimble View Post
I hate the Cowboys...but Jason Garrett lol? Not exactly a huge step forward.
Quote:

Go G-men.

5:20 PM EST Edit: Jerry Jones stumbles over his words after he is asked if he thinks Garrett will perform better than Wade Phillips. A question a real GM would be able to answer. But JJ isn't a real GM.
Jason Garrett isn't meant to be the longterm coach. He is a placeholder until Jerry Jones can hire someone like Cower, Gruden, etc.

I highly doubt any of those coaches would want to take over this team until the off season.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I highly doubt any of those coaches would want to take over this team until the off season.
i highly doubt any of these coaches would want to coach the cowboys without jerry to just sit back in his box and let them do the work.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #15
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
a little diatribe i wrote in the doctor's office waiting room: "When will you people realize that wade isn't the problem? Yes, he is A problem, but not THE problem. Jason Garrett isn't THE problem either, nor the players, or the rest of the coaches. The REAL problem is Jerry Jones. Until he's able to relinquish his role as GM and let real football people do the managing, then the problems will continue. Just look at it this way...coaches and players have come and gone up to and including the Jimmy era...one thing has remained a constant: Jerry Jones and his way. Wade was Jerry's puppet. I'm sure Jerry would still like a puppet, but at what expense? Ruining his multi-billion dollar franchise? Someone needs to wake Jerry up! Everyone needs to wake up and quit blaming the supporting cast! Fire the damn director!"

needless to say, i'm a die-hard cowboys fan and my facebook is flooded with the blame wade game. it really isn't his fault and everyone needs to know it. that's my soap box...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

op is in the top 10 worst posters in the forum
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
name all 10
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

Agreed.

Chis Collinsworth brought up a great point on the broadcast of this last game. Since Jones has owned the team, the most successful seasons were with two figures in the organization - Jimmy Johnson's era and the Bill
Parcells era. Both of these guys were (1) not pushovers and "yes" men to Jerry (2) Great eyes for talent. To work in that organization, you need someone like that, not a good ol' boy like Wade.

With their revenue, they should go to CBS studios, track down Bill Cowher and say "write a number down and we'll make out the check." 3-4 guy, good eye for talent, name factor, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
That is kinda petty, isn't it? You really hate football that much?

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 11-08-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #20
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
name all 10
i'll probably hurt someones e-feelings lol
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Quote:
name all 10
Quote:
i'll probably hurt someones e-feelings lol
do it! lol

we already know #1 is pmeoloche or whatever his username is and one of the 10 is nycgarbageprince so that only leaves 8 more.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #22
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmthree View Post
do it! lol

we already know #1 is pmeoloche or whatever his username is and one of the 10 is nycgarbageprince so that only leaves 8 more.
It was meant to de-rail my topic. He's mad I talked a lil crap about LA in his NBA thread. I am sorry JH, I didn't realize you were so sensitive. I will be more careful around you. I don't want to hurt your feelings.
Appreciate 0