F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Plans for "Green" Supercar
Extreme Powerhouse

10-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #23
BLITZ
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E34 525i M-Technik

They should fit a normally aspirated V12. (Mclaren F1 engine)
      10-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #24
Blip Bavarian
salivator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 GT4, 14 X5 V8 & 91 E30 LS1

6MT please...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Mis representation leading to over speculation.

What BMW are planning is
Either full-hybrid or Mild-Hybrid . This car is Not about Power and it is not BMW's interpretation to the Audi R8 and upcoming Mercedes-Benz Supercar. The car will concentrate on Efficient Dynamics and offer a groundbreaking solution for future environmentally friendly sportscars , Lightweight and offering excellent dynamics.

The current aim within BMW is to prioritise on Efficent Dynamics on all future products that will incorporate all cars including the Image building models. BMW see the use of such models to be quite different from other manufacturers offerings and each new generation of BMW models will have much more variety than other competitors in environmental technology in the premium segment.

Beginning with the MINI-E . BMW Group are aiming in the longterm to offer each model programme with either a full-hybrid or mild hybrid as well as conventional petrol and diesel powerplants. The 7er and X6 models will be the first Active Hybrid models (see the 7er Active Hybrid Concept Car @ LA )
And with the introduction of the next 5er an Active Hybrid model will follow the conventional models onto the market.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #26
gnjuss
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M5

I really like the model drawings,hope they don't change it too much till 2012...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
MidwestBimmerFan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3, 1976 2002

I really hope BMW pulls through and makes it. It would be awesome if it had a 3.0 L twin turbo or even a triple turbo motor that can rev to 8500-9000 RPM but still make peak torque around 2500 RPM and get 25-30 MPG with 450-500 HP. If they aimed at a target weight under 3000 pounds this thing would be a rocket. They would have to use a carbon fiber chassis with many carbon fiber body panels or aluminum to cut the cost.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #28
BimmerboyPate92
BimmerBoyPatE92
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly e39 540i w/6 spd man

Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
This should be the new 8-Series.
No it really shouldn't be imo. Not that I don't like the drawing shown, but the 8 series was not a mid-engined car. It also never had anything less than a v8 inside it. This artists rendition even most-certainly takes cues from the M1. The 8 should be a front engine beast that competes with the likes of Ferrari's 599 imo. At least in CSI form. I dream (wishfully) of a top of the line V12 coming to crush Mercs SL65 with power, speed, and agility to spare. The original idea was to take the power available from the 7 series and dump it into a 2-door coupe.

I would be disappointed to see this green car get the 8 moniker if it will indeed be a mid-engined vehicle. I would be even more disappointed to see the 8 as a big-ass four door, bigger than the upcoming 7 though. I hope BMW's plans to bring back either the M1 or the 8 series pays tribute and hommage to the original cars, all the while taking a huge leap forward in efficiency, power and handling. Not to mention smacking MB and Audi in the face and showing them who is the German king. I guess we'll see, I doubt it'll be good though, considering BMW's wanky decisions as of late though. I also don't trust this thread very much, because with the economic, and energy crisis as of late, these don't seem "practical" enough for BMW to have the balls to pursue right now...which is sad...because they need a lightweight car that brings their Formula 1 know-how to the streets imo. They seem to be losing their way with the latest M cars, no matter how awesome the new M3 is...it's quick, but I'd like to see it a little quicker. BMW needs a car that says...

" We have a car that is faster than anything Mercedes or Audi can bring to the table...annnd it'll give those cars from Italy a run for their money too. "

Last edited by BimmerboyPate92; 11-02-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #29
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

This is ganna be wicked sick, can't wait now lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #30
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

The Z2 M will be of much greater interest to us mere mortals.

I approve of the shift in direction to green thrills.

It must be hell trying to crystal ball what the USA government in going to do in regard to auto regulations. I realize the inherent problems, but there would be considerable upside to collaboration between BMW and USA automakers. Sorry for the off-topic...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #31
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Now that even the CS has been axed I don't think a BMW Supercar is coming anytime soon...

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0