F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread
GetBMWParts

03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #1937
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

The GSP / Hendricks fight will be interesting, as Hendricks seemed to have a hard time against Condit and lost the last round.
      03-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #1938
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris2013m3 View Post
GSP has loss the ability or desire to finish a fight. His last finish was 2008 against Matt Sera. GSP use to scare the division and no one wanted to fight him. Now there all calling him out. Hendricks will beat him as that is the worse matchup for GSP( that's why he's been dodging Hendricks ) the ellenberger and lastly his own teammate McDonald. I saw a different fight last night as Diaz stuffed 7 takedowns that hasn't happened in over 2006. GSP has pattened the lay on a guy for 5 rounds.
I agree but in his defence he is fighting tough guys like Condit and Diaz, who are tough guys to finish. Since the Serra fight he does fight more strategically trying to beat his opponent on points rather than look for the finish. I was surprised by his inability to get the take-down though, normally the fight goes wherever he wants. He did look close to being finished for about 30 seconds of end of round 3 too. I can see Hendricks, Ellenberger and Rory being legitimate threats, but I still seeing GSP coming up with the right game plan to walk away with the win.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #1939
alexdc2t
Honda Junkie
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
GSP has loss the ability or desire to finish a fight. His last finish was 2008 against Matt Sera. GSP use to scare the division and no one wanted to fight him. Now there all calling him out. Hendricks will beat him as that is the worse matchup for GSP( that's why he's been dodging Hendricks ) the ellenberger and lastly his own teammate McDonald. I saw a different fight last night as Diaz stuffed 7 takedowns that hasn't happened in over 2006. GSP has pattened the lay on a guy for 5 rounds.
gsp is fighting 1%ers in his division. Its going to be tough to finish most guys.

And Johnny Hendricks isnt really all that different from most of the guys GSP has fought.

Koschek presented the same type of dangers Hendricks does. Dangerous standup and great wrestling. Yet Koscheck got out wrestled, out jiu jitsu'd, and left with a broken orbital bone. Im sure Greg Jackson and Firas Zahabi will come up with another winning strategy. Though I agree, GSP is a lot more careful now because he has alot more on the line, which is probably why his fights go to the end.
      03-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #1940
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

GSP vs Diaz was a once sided fight. No way should there be a rematch. GSP vs Hendricks is finally gonna happen and I'm excited to see this bout. Silva vs Wiedman will be a one sided death match as well all know it. I'm sure GSP vs Silva will probably happen at the first ufc event in new york.

Ellenberger destroying nate was a shock to me o_O!

Anyone else predict that once GSP cleans out the ww division and retires, Rory will be up to replace him as top dog?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #1941
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
as expected, this was a worse version of Henderson vs Nate Diaz, only I thought Nick came out flat in the first couple of rounds. He seemed to hurt GSP in the 3rd round but did nothing to capitalize on it.

I do agree that GSP has lost the will to finish fights, yes, he is fighting the best of 170 but he's had opportunities to finish and hasnt. He had Jake Shields in all sorts of trouble after landing a head kick and stood back and let him recover. He destroyed Kos eye and still kept throwing that jab and kept it safe. Same thing w/ Diaz, he could have landed much better GnP but didnt cause he was scared of Nick's offense from his back. The only fight I saw that killer instinct was in the Condit fight but Condit was too tough but you could def see a difference in GSP, he was so aggressive.

Hendricks is an interesting match up for GSP, Johny has insane power but Condit was able to eat those shots and fire back and even rocked Johny a couple of times (what a fight that was). GSP has the best jab in all of mma and this could be trouble for Johny. Johny will have a punchers chance w/ the power he has but yea, I see that as a replay of the Kos fight
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #1942
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I gotta say to those bitching about not finishing fights...

This is his career, his lively hood, he is a tried and true champion. His formula is what wins fights, they may not end them, but at the end of the day, he takes the pay, the belt, and the "w". He is a smart guy who knows by getting careless in the ring, it very well may end his career.
GSP is a strategic guy, a guy who isnt looking to go out and get lucky with a knock out, he takes fights to the end giving everyone who paid, the opportunity to see a great fight. If the opponent wants to complain, then knock him out, or submit him. As far as I have seen it hasnt happened.
      03-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1943
bris2013m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Garduna;13657602]GSP vs Diaz was a once sided fight. No way should there be a rematch. GSP vs Hendricks is finally gonna happen and I'm excited to see this bout. Silva vs Wiedman will be a one sided death match as well all know it. I'm sure GSP vs Silva will probably happen at the first ufc event in new york.

Silva vs Wiedman is going to be like Silva vs Sonnen I, the worse matchup for Silva so should not be a shocker at all if he gets beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

This is his career, his lively hood, he is a tried and true champion. His formula is what wins fights, they may not end them, but at the end of the day, he takes the pay, the belt, and the "w". He is a smart guy who knows by getting careless in the ring, it very well may end his career.
GSP is a strategic guy, a guy who isnt looking to go out and get lucky with a knock out, he takes fights to the end giving everyone who paid, the opportunity to see a great fight. If the opponent wants to complain, then knock him out, or submit him. As far as I have seen it hasnt happened.
Not bitching and laying on your opponents for 5 rounds is not getting your money's worth or a great fight. Well glad Dana made this fight happen unfortunately it probably not going to happen which will be a shame
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #1944
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think the biggest threat Hendricks poses is the punchers chance, and in this case he has the best chance out of anyone GSP has faced so far. I still think GSP is better at Hendricks in every aspect of the game. He might not have the KO power but he makes you play his fight and always has control. GSP by UD.

I think the Silva fight will be very one sided. I predict Silva by KO in round 2. Yes, Weidman might be able to get him down, it's the only time Silva ever looks vulnerable (if you can call it that) but every round starts on the feet. Silva can KO anyone whenever he chooses, he only needs a few seconds to do it as well. Plus if Silva lets you hit him in the face, he always hits back even harder, otherwise he lives in the Matrix. Weidman is a good opponent, but I can even see Vitor beating him.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #1945
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Silva vs Wiedman is going to be like Silva vs Sonnen I, the worse matchup for Silva so should not be a shocker at all if he gets beat.

Not bitching and laying on your opponents for 5 rounds is not getting your money's worth or a great fight. Well glad Dana made this fight happen unfortunately it probably not going to happen which will be a shame
NOPE. I sure don't see it aas a repeat of Silva vs Sonnen 1. First fight you could clearly see Silva wasn't his usual self. He legit had hurt ribs. 2nd fight he didn't have any rib issues and look what happened. round 1 just to prove a point that you can't do shit to him when he's on his back. round 2 I kill you via 1 knee and living in the matrix.

As much as people are moaning and whining about GSP's style of fighting one thing is certain, nobody has been able to solve his puzzle. The guys he fights just isn't as good as he is overall. Unless someone better shows up or gets fucking lucky, GSP will be champ for a very long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #1946
alexdc2t
Honda Junkie
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

I personally love GSP's approach to training. Everything is nailed down like a science. Everything he eats, takes for supplements, and training is planned out to a T. You cant help but love how methodical it all is. Zahabi and Jackson are one hell of a combo to have on one side.
      03-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #1947
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

i dont think people are bitching at all, its what he promised to do. Before the Condit fight he promised to go back to his roots and take changes and try to finish fights, which he sort of did but then Condit almost kicked his head off and that seemed to make GSP revert back. Then for this fight, he promised the worst beating in UFC history and he didnt even come close to that, like Nick said.. wolf ticket

the worst part of it all, is that you can see how easily GSP dominated his opponents but makes no attempt to finish. IMO, its similar to what Anderson did to Maia, only instead of dancing around him, he just lays on people. Far from a great fight. I personally would always buy a GSP PPV, no matter who he was fighting but now, I have no desire to buy it, w/ the exception of the Condit fight, i knew that would be good cause of the style match up. Hopefully Johny makes it a fight, although I still see it as a replay of the Kos fight, I think Johny might have a better chance since he has way faster hands than Kos
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #1948
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I donno if you guys read but GSP fought Diaz hurt as shit. Injured Achilles, bad back and he had a cold. Still dominated him. That's fucking heart right there.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #1949
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, i saw that. I normally call BS when fighters come out after their fight and say how hurt they were but in this case, I believe him. He slowed down significantly in the last two rounds and we've never seen GSP tired. I just couldnt believe Diaz didnt do anything to capitalize
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #1950
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
good weekend for mma, bellator on thursday (normally i dont care unless there's nothing on tv but Pat Curran is fighting, pretty talented guy), then Invicta FC on friday and Fuel TV 9 on saturday, just hope Gustafsson is able to fight
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #1951
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
good weekend for mma, bellator on thursday (normally i dont care unless there's nothing on tv but Pat Curran is fighting, pretty talented guy), then Invicta FC on friday and Fuel TV 9 on saturday, just hope Gustafsson is able to fight
DFW told Ariel that Gus is still fighting, must have been a lot of April fools jokes going around. I'm really looking forward to that fight, if he wins he's no.1 contender.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1952
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Apparently Mousasi is out now..?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #1953
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
You are right, Gus is out!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #1954
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I thought this was pretty cool

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/04/ufc...y-in-hospital/
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #1955
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
yea, awesome video

Mousasi is fighting one of Gufs training partners
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #1956
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
yea, awesome video

Mousasi is fighting one of Gufs training partners
As much as it sucks that we miss ot on Mousasi vs Gus, Mousasi now has a chance to deliver a huge impact. If he subs or viciously ko's Gus's training partner, that will do wonders for him.

Silva is BOSS. The little guy I bet will be on cloud nine for a while now

Is anyone else watching The Ultimate Fighter (Jones/Sonnen)?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #1957
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
As much as it sucks that we miss ot on Mousasi vs Gus, Mousasi now has a chance to deliver a huge impact. If he subs or viciously ko's Gus's training partner, that will do wonders for him.

Silva is BOSS. The little guy I bet will be on cloud nine for a while now

Is anyone else watching The Ultimate Fighter (Jones/Sonnen)?
yea, Uriah Hall is a monster. Not sure if Bubba was faking it out of fear but it didnt look like that hard of a shot but homeboy was done
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #1958
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Uriah is a scary man... I don't know if anyone left on the show can beat him. I'm also looking forward to the coaches fighting.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0