Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Quietest (impact) tires for OEM 230's 19"?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
propellahead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black 335i

Quietest (impact) tires for OEM 230's 19"?

I searched this and found that the most recent posts about it was over a year ago and it didn't quite answer my question specifically, please help...

I just bought a 2009 335i and it has the 5 spoke 230 series 19" rim, which I love the look of. Yes it has new run flats since it's certified and I've learned from many posts here, that the first order of business is to get rid of the run flats. Thank you much for that.

I've heard many offer that the Nitto Invo is the quietest tire about a year ago and most posts were much earlier than that. Do most people think this is still the quietest tire?

IMPORTANT: Most important to me is to reduce the "thump" you get when you hit a bump. I'm not referring to potholes, the thump is unavoidable no matter what there, I'm talking about smaller road imperfections such as seams for bridges or imperfections where in most cars you hear it, but it's subtle and not a loud thump. I'm not so much talking about the constant "whirr" road noise, that is a lesser priority, though eliminating both would be nice.

Please help me, I love love love the way this car drives, but I need the suspension to be quieter as it's actually hurting my ears. Unfortunately my ears are very sensitive to low bass and pressure and it requires me to either fix this problem, or change to a lesser automobile which would be devastating as I'm sure most of you would agree.

Many thanks from the noob,
-Danny

Last edited by propellahead; 08-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: punctuation on a question
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Swapping out from the horrible RFT's will solve most if not all of your problems with the harsh impact and jarring ride. The Nitto INVO's are great tires... Very sticky and at the same time a very comfy and bearable ride. You'll like the change.

-Charles@VMRWheels
      08-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i find continentals to be the quietest and most comfortable. i've currently got the conti 5ps on my 19'' rims and cant fault them
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
propellahead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black 335i

Thanks Gaza01. Have you tried the INVO's? or I perhaps I should ask, when you say the continentals are quietest and most comfortable, what tires are you comparing them to?
Appreciate 0