F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW and the Canadian Grand Prix (Spoiler Alert)
proTUNING Freaks

06-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Seth_Horwitz
Tired of feather footed //M drivers
Rep
Drives: 330ci, 911 Turbo X50

BMW and the Canadian Grand Prix (Spoiler Alert)

BMW had a 1,2 finish for their first ever Formula 1 win today, and there were a bunch of good M3 commercials. All in all a good day for high revving BMW V8 engines!

Lewis Hamilton gifted them the win when he crashed into Kimi intentionally, as he'd rather take Kimi out than the BMW of Kubica, but a win's a win. (And hopefully Hamilton gets at least a five grid spot penalty for next race.)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
ArtPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

I was at the race...Kubica was ahead of LH coming out of the pits, he was the car next to Kimi...

Kubica had a real chance either way..go B M W !!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Seth_Horwitz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
I was at the race...Kubica was ahead of LH coming out of the pits, he was the car next to Kimi...

Kubica had a real chance either way..go B M W !!!!
Couldn't make it this year, but I love the Montreal race. It looked like Lewis realized that he was going to wreck, was headed right into Kubica, then figured that he'd be better off taking out Kimi, so he swerved. At least he got hit with a ten grid spot penalty for France. Kimi probably would have only taken a few points off Lewis, at best, so those ten spots should make up for all of those points next race. It was nice to see Kubica get the win, but I don't think BMW has much chance on either championship this year. Canada's always a crazy race. I'm just hoping that all of those M3 commercials on national TV don't somehow increase demand and push back my build date.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Hada318i
Motorin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cement Truck

I loved it when Hamilton crashed but I felt bad for KIMI, but Kubica deserved this win it was seriously overdue. Long live BMW F1
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

GO KUBI!!! i want a Kubica F1 sticker or something.. for the M when i get it....

and i duno why you guys say hami hit kimi on purpose... its just a natural reaction to turn the wheel when your trying to dodge something.....

i like Hamilton.... he is a sick driver...... but not the best week for the family huh... his dad wrecks his Carrera GT then he wrecks Kimi.... ouch!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Seth_Horwitz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
but not the best week for the family huh... his dad wrecks his Carrera GT then he wrecks Kimi.... ouch!
Haha. Look dad, me too.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #7
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Horwitz View Post
It was nice to see Kubica get the win, but I don't think BMW has much chance on either championship this year.
I don't agree, but it's all good.

Excellent driver, with supreme focus and no mistakes... and a pit crew that is the best in F1, excellent planning and race strategy... and a sincere dedication to win. BMW achieved F1 greatness today. It was awesome. Well-deserved and I look forward to more F1 wins from BMW. Hamilton is an amazing driver, but needs to control his youthful emotions IMO. I want to be his biggest fan, because WHEN HE'S ON... no one can touch him. I just want him to stop making "rookie" mistakes.... !

Great job BMW Sauber F1 Team
      06-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
zkM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MTAW (05/20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Horwitz View Post
(And hopefully Hamilton gets at least a five grid spot penalty for next race.)

He's getting 10.....
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #9
Seth_Horwitz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I don't agree, but it's all good.

Excellent driver, with supreme focus and no mistakes... and a pit crew that is the best in F1, excellent planning and race strategy... and a sincere dedication to win. BMW achieved F1 greatness today. It was awesome. Well-deserved and I look forward to more F1 wins from BMW. Hamilton is an amazing driver, but needs to control his youthful emotions IMO. I want to be his biggest fan, because WHEN HE'S ON... no one can touch him. I just want him to stop making "rookie" mistakes.... !

Great job BMW Sauber F1 Team
I agree with all of your points, but I don't think they have the car to do it. (Yet) Kubica is great, the pit crew is a perfect example of ice-cold calculated German engineering, and budget is obviously not a problem. Ferrari and McLaren are just, currently, better at squeezing out those extra tenths. These things just take time. Let's not forget that this team was Sauber, an independant outfit, just a few years ago. What they have done, even if they don't get another win this season, is nothing short of amazing. It makes Frank Williams look like a fool for souring the relationship with BMW, and mocks the factory Toyota team that has thrown ridiculous sums of cash to get a middle of the pack team. I love watching Toyota battle with Minardi, sorry Torro Rosso, for position. Stoddart has to be laughing himself silly.

I also agree on the Hamilton points. I loved him last season, but then his head got swollen. It pushed on the rookie mistakes that cost him the championship not once, but twice, and caused today's shunt. (I was pulling for Kimi all year long, but had accepted that he wasn't going to win the championship in '07. What a crazy final race.) You can't expect much else from Lewis, or any other 20 year old kid, when you give him tens of millions of dollars and tell him that he is going to be better than Schumacher or Senna. I don't blame him, as much as his handlers.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #10
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BMW FTW
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

yea.... BMW isnt on the level of Ferrari or Mclaren... they just dont have the speed for a championship win yet... and Hiedfeld defiantly will keep them away from a constructors....

I wana see a new teammate for Kubi... someone to push him harder.... in 2 or 3 years... i can totally see kubi racing for win every race.... and i dont think he will sell out and go to the 'BIG 2'.... he def has the skills for those teams tho...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #12
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

watched it sunday morning and it was good stuff