E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Help Before Spending $$$$

05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
BRD1234
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Need Help Before Spending $$$$

My light hasn't worked since I've owned my car (2007 335i coupe). I've replaced everything on the light unit including the whole assembly (headlight, ballast, and auto leveling unit). It still doesn't work and I've checked the fuses and they're all fine.

I went to the service center and they told me that in order for the light to work I have to get it "reprogrammed." I would go and do it but I dont see how that would make a difference considering my halo's and turning signals still work onn the light. The only thing not working is the low beam light. Everything else is getting voltage.

They quoted me $160+ tax just to get everything recoded. I swapped the "non-working" headlight(drivers side) to the "working" (passenger side) headlight's plug and it turned on so I know everything's good. And when I swapped the "working" to the "non-working" side it still doesnt work.

Should I pay the money to have everything recoded or what should I do?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

If they guarantee you it will solve the problem go for it!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Your pockets have hurt enough here.

You could take it to the dealer and have them work at. The plus of this would mean they most likely would update software on the whole car. Peace of mind knowing that some kinks that might happen down the line will be sorted out.

OOR you can take the dangerous/ intuitive but fun route of doing it yourself for free. Well there is a $100 cable you would have to buy. Sounds like a module needs recoding or just a reset. Have a look in the coding section to see if anyone has similar issues as you do.
Appreciate 0