F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Fuji X-E1 Vs Fuji X-E2 worth the price difference?
ARMA SPEED

10-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Fuji X-E1 Vs Fuji X-E2 worth the price difference?

Hi Guys,

I've been doing some research on google regarding getting a camera. I think I'm pretty much settled on either the Fuji X-E1 or X-E2, and as far as I can tell there is about a 400 difference in price between the two. I understand the AF on the E1 was somewhat of an issue at first, but seems to have been resolved through firmware upgrades.

I'm interested in capturing a variety of photo's, but mostly I'll be doing either scenery, or close ups / portrait type shots. Not looking to use it at sporting events or anything of the like (at least not yet).

I'm somewhat of a novice but do want to purchase something that would keep my interest for a while. For those who have had experience with either one of these models, I'd like to hear your thoughts on these. Thanks in advance!
      10-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
as a fuji x-pro1 user let me refer you to this forum.. http://www.fujix-forum.com/
i'm sure you will find some comparisons there.

I believe their major difference is the AF speed. if the xe-1 is as good as the x-pro1 after firmware updates then is ok as long as you dont do any sports/bird/fast-moving objects photograpy. other than that its great.

Also the viewfinder is better in XE-2.

but again, check in the fuji x forum and you will find answers there

dedicated threads here:
http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php...e2-discussion/