F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What is love?
Studio RSR

08-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #67
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Here's a question:
What is hate? Is it REALLY the opposite of love?
Hate is when something doesn't fit your perspective.
      08-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #68
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Hate is when something doesn't fit your perspective.
I do try to keep a good perspective on things; how did you know that?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #69
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

To better explain myself.

Hate is when something or someone or some situation doesn't go how you want it to go.

For example: You make $100,000 a year, you feel you are the best person alive. You know two people. Person a and person b. You view person a as not intelligent dumb and stupid. You view person b as smart and intelligent.

If, you discovered that person b was making over $100,000, you will be ok with it because that's how you viewed them.

If you discovered that person a was also making over $100,000, it will shock the shit out of you because you didn't view them as worthy of anything.

This now makes you feel sad and miserable about yourself and you feel the need to be better than person a.

Every time person a's name is brought up, you feel uncomfortable about yourself.... after a while "Hate" will begin to grow in you. All because person a is'nt as stupid as you wanted him/her to be.

Now take this analogy and apply it to everything else in life such as: Race, Religion, sexuality, etc.
      08-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #70
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

We all have our opinion/idea on how things should be in life.
When the the real thing doesn't match our opinion/idea, we get angry and grow "hate" inside us.

The best way to not hate is to try to have an equal view and keep a good perspective on things (i'm quoting @954Stealth) in your daily life.

Everyone needs to learn that not everything will be they way they "want" it to be.
      08-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #71
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #72
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Think he's just above you !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #73
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes what can I do for you, @Upstatedoc ? Sit down and I'll tell you how you feel.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #74
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Think he's just above you !
No, he's out NAILING THE NANNY!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #75
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

I can't wait to see Dr Phil on an episode of Chris Hansen's "To Catch a Predator"

Why don't you have a seat Dr. Phil.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
Jesus what's with all the sappy threads lately.
Keep this stuff to yourself
I thought about that, but thought it could past under the guise of discussion on the topic.. anyways I thought you would at least be entertained

I was temporarily feeling really confident, so I replied her early msg which said "Hi" after I had said "good afternoon".. all missed and seperated by a few hours

So I said: "Nice pic!" after I saw she upload a new pic (which ofcourse i had already seen on her IG..)

Oh shit. I feel like an idiot.. now she is going to just group me in with the hundreds of admirers she has... DUP!#@%@#$^

Heaven to hell in a heartbeat.

Don't relax for a second.. this is going to be hard work.

Also now I understand the 'shit tests' women give to screen guys .. basically you can't be over confident and you definitely can't worship her... fuck, hope I haven't ruined my chances..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #77
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I can't wait to see Dr Phil on an episode of Chris Hansen's "To Catch a Predator"

Why don't you have a seat Dr. Phil.
haha how about Will Hayden? His show just got cancelled because of that...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #78
Ben2k9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M-Sport

Quote:
If you're disturbed then apparently you do too and that's really disturbing.
Lol +1
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #79
Ben2k9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I thought about that, but thought it could past under the guise of discussion on the topic.. anyways I thought you would at least be entertained

I was temporarily feeling really confident, so I replied her early msg which said "Hi" after I had said "good afternoon".. all missed and seperated by a few hours

So I said: "Nice pic!" after I saw she upload a new pic (which ofcourse i had already seen on her IG..)

Oh shit. I feel like an idiot.. now she is going to just group me in with the hundreds of admirers she has... DUP!#@%@#$^

Also now I understand the 'shit tests' women give to screen guys .. basically you can't be over confident and you definitely can't worship her... fuck, hope I haven't ruined my chances..
Ok man, here's some legit advice: you gotta get out more and start dating regularly. You're hung up on a girl you've never met and that will scare off a girl in a heartbeat. When you meet a girl who's top notch, you've got to be interested, confident, but not dependent and stalkerish. There's a fine line...well maybe it's more like a big fat line. You're obsessing over every little detail of how you said hello, which is a little pathetic. But it's ok, you can build up to being a stud. You've gotta start somewhere.

But the only way to enhance your mojo is to get out there and experience some success and failure and build up your confidence. Start with some easier targets (you know what I mean) to build confidence.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #80
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Too late, She already got the "you worship her" feeling.
What you have to do now is make her chase after you.
What's the best way to do this?

Here's what you gotta do, by all means find any other attractive girl (co-worker, stranger, friend) doesnt matter, find another very attractive woman and take pics with her that appears like you two are in a relationship or like each other... post it on IG or where ever you can get her attention.

From reading your posts, it sounds like she is a bit arrogant. To her, you're just "another" guy who compliments her.

So prove to her that you're not just another guy. Act as if, you have another girl and couldn't care any less.
      08-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #81
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2k9 View Post
Ok man, here's some legit advice: you gotta get out more and start dating regularly. You're hung up on a girl you've never met and that will scare off a girl in a heartbeat. When you meet a girl who's top notch, you've got to be interested, confident, but not dependent and stalkerish. There's a fine line...well maybe it's more like a big fat line. You're obsessing over every little detail of how you said hello, which is a little pathetic. But it's ok, you can build up to being a stud. You've gotta start somewhere.

But the only way to enhance your mojo is to get out there and experience some success and failure and build up your confidence. Start with some easier targets (you know what I mean) to build confidence.
I'm definitely totally rusty. I met this chick I didn't care for a week ago.. she wasn't even that hot and I did not go well.
Is it in my best interests if it want this girl seriously for long-term, to hold off meeting her until I have my game up to standard?
She's only staying in hk for a week more probably then back to Thailand.. I see she came twice in the last yr..
I don't mind playing the long game, I have the patience.. just how do I keep up some level of contact so I have a chance to work up her interest?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #82
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Too late, She already got the "you worship her" feeling.
What you have to do now is make her chase after you.
What's the best way to do this?

Here's what you gotta do, by all means find any other attractive girl (co-worker, stranger, friend) doesnt matter, find another very attractive woman and take pics with her that appears like you two are in a relationship or like each other... post it on IG or where ever you can get her attention.

From reading your posts, it sounds like she is a bit arrogant. To her, you're just "another" guy who compliments her.

So prove to her that you're not just another guy. Act as if, you have another girl and couldn't care any less.
Aw gee thanks man! That really does wonders for my confidence..
No, I didn't mean to present her as arrogant.. I mean she has 2k facebook friends and I only showed her a pic of my car, my cat, and my niece and I (can barely see me because I am making some weird expression)

I know man, I am just reading this ebook "Alpha relational dynamics" (you can stop laughing now) which is saying what you are saying.. make yourself the prize instead of her, the way she is used to , and then u will at least stand out somewhat and have a chance beyond her throngs of admirers
This is going to take some work, I don't have any females to play off of her..
I'm hoping shes into me for my intelligence, personality, 'potential' etc. I'm hoping she's not just looking for a male model, or a rich guy.. I won't cut it.
If she likes brains, is my only chance.......
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #83
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Act like you don't give a shit like someone else said (that doesn't mean ignore her or be abusive). Everyone else compliments her, don't fade in to the audience. Do something else, something to make you stand out from the crowd. She'll start to wonder why you're not the same and - maybe - start to approach you instead of the other way around.

You obsess over her, that's not attractive. She'll find it attractive a confident, independent guy who has his life together and his work/family/friends. Make that your primary focus and her the secondary. It sounds counterintuitive but it works.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #84
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Act like you don't give a shit like someone else said (that doesn't mean ignore her or be abusive). Everyone else compliments her, don't fade in to the audience. Do something else, something to make you stand out from the crowd. She'll start to wonder why you're not the same and - maybe - start to approach you instead of the other way around.

You obsess over her, that's not attractive. She'll find it attractive a confident, independent guy who has his life together and his work/family/friends. Make that your primary focus and her the secondary. It sounds counterintuitive but it works.
This.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #85
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

"What's love got to do, got to do with it?"
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #86
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I never agreed with that quote " better to have love lost, then to have never loved at all".
Well from the perspective of someone who has never had a face-to-face relationship until I was 27 (long story somewhere in this forum, but 28 now), "never loved at all" is an even worse experience... I just got out of a relationship, and part of me wishes that I experienced all the pitfalls of a dead-end relationship earlier in life so that I can experience all the pros and cons of it all and know what to look for...

Rather than going through life for as long as I did alternating between believing weird misconceptions about women that were totally untrue and I could've been dating at 19 if I knew then what I knew now, and "As long as she's a breathing human being and it says 'Female' on her birth certificate I'm fine with anything" mentality where I've settled for a girl with hardly any redeeming qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2k9 View Post

THIS. As someone who has flopped plenty of dates before I found someone, there's nothing more frustrating than developing feelings for someone and finding out that they find you as romantically interesting as a turd on a stick.

Quote:
Aw gee thanks man! That really does wonders for my confidence..
No, I didn't mean to present her as arrogant.. I mean she has 2k facebook friends and I only showed her a pic of my car, my cat, and my niece and I (can barely see me because I am making some weird expression)

I know man, I am just reading this ebook "Alpha relational dynamics" (you can stop laughing now) which is saying what you are saying.. make yourself the prize instead of her, the way she is used to , and then u will at least stand out somewhat and have a chance beyond her throngs of admirers
This is going to take some work, I don't have any females to play off of her..
I'm hoping shes into me for my intelligence, personality, 'potential' etc. I'm hoping she's not just looking for a male model, or a rich guy.. I won't cut it.
If she likes brains, is my only chance.......
As someone who gone through tons of PUA material (I had 20GB dedicated to books and videos at one point), it's just a bunch of nonsense that makes you have a sense of direction and ergo, confidence. But being yourself, confident and trusting your intuition on when to make the first move without being overbearing is what it boils down to, but the C+F method worked wonders too. The whole "peacocking" "Mystery Method's A1 A2 A3, S1-3, M1-3" "Pandora's N/T, J/D, I/R type" is just to give you a sense of specific direction for something that can go any which way. It helps, but I found that ditching 80% of what I remember rather than rigidly following everything was what garnered me the most success.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #87
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

"The people who put up with you on your darkest nights, should be the ones you spend your brightest days with..."
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #88
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

"He's the hero Vagina deserves, but not the one it needs right now."
Appreciate 0