E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dealer discounts

04-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #45
lee888
Private
Rep
Drives: x5

e91 edition m sport deals availaible

Hi all I'm new here so be gentle.

As the title states I'm in the process of negotiating a deal for the above, I have rung around dealers and researched the web for deals.

I've come across a few brokers offering about 9% discount and the dealers i've rung have no intentions at the moment of wanting to discount or can't be bothered to ring back!

I've even been accused of making the discounts up by one dealer!

Today I spoke to dealer and was told 8% was all they had to play with and weren't going to do that, so that was end of that chat.

So the big question is what deals and discounts have anyone had and percentage discounts available?

Lee888
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
I am holding off on ordering mine until the face lift model pricing is available.

My dealer has also told me the same sob storey about 8% discount, but if teh rest of their bonuses and on-target awards are including, I suspect the dealers have more to play with than they say.

Good luck, and I'll be interested in what you get.
      04-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #47
lee888
Private
Rep

Face lift model? when any ideas, if so I'll hold back a bit and see if theres more discounts about. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't want to lose out like when not long ago there were 16% or so from brokers like drivethedeal.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #48
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
I guess Synter BMW are used to customers turning up and getting fleeced with their trade in? I am commercially aware (due to my profession) and it makes the hairs on my back stand up when someone is trying to take the preverbial as blatantly as this.
I think this is absolutely the case. Finance is still easily available and premium cars are still very affordable.

There are plently of customers lining up to buy cars on the dealers terms. I've also been offered shocking trade in figures by Sytner and walked away.

Unfortunately they obviously don't feel that they need our business.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #49
lee888
Private
Rep

Why don't we do a group buy on cars, example one month we do a group buy on say a E91 and contact the dealers and ask politey WHAT DISCOUNTS PLEASE!.

Surely if there is a min number of say 10 buyers the dealer would be very willing to up the discounts maybe or not.

Just a suggestion or could it be possible?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 05:06 AM   #50
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I think this is absolutely the case. Finance is still easily available and premium cars are still very affordable.

There are plently of customers lining up to buy cars on the dealers terms. I've also been offered shocking trade in figures by Sytner and walked away.

Unfortunately they obviously don't feel that they need our business.
Try other dealers. I do not think Sytners are the most generous on trade in's by a long shot. They seem to price to sell there 2nd hand cars and are hence £1 to £2k cheaper than most other dealers.
      04-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #51
stephen3rd
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Edition MSport

I have put up a post about the deal i got last week. (The day before the first quarter finished)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130221

As in the post the first dealer came uo with 8% but the second hit me with 10% (and a reduced interst rate for the PCP)

I should be getting the car in the next few days.

Since BMW pulled the dealers in during December and told them they would loose their dealerships if they kept offering bulk discount to internet brokers such and dealdrivers and drive the deal the maximum they can offer is 10%. But at the moment if you go for an Edition model (only 4 cylinder cars i know) and get the 10% off the car you end up with a saving off list of almost 19%

Every 6 - 9 months or so BMW seem to be offering bundles of options to get buyers in the door. This seems to be the preffered way of making the buyers "think" they are getting a good deal.

Although my 320 looks and seems like a great deal i still cant help thinking that i have been shafted somewhere along the line.

I just dont think that dealers do anything to help anybody other than themselves.

S

Last edited by stephen3rd; 04-06-2008 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #52
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Discounts

Hi ,i think the big discounts are gone for the time being ,But things change some one with some nouse recently pointed out that bmw was getting hammered selling in the uk at present due to the awful exchange rate on the euro.So to offer 17% off and suffer a slide on exchange rate of around 10% you can see there point but things do change.I have a friend who worked for Chandlers Bmw of Brighton for 24 years and has just quit when i bump in to him i will find out what he thinks about the discount issues .
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #53
lee888
Private
Rep

So whats been said on here the 10% target or near that figure is the goal to aim for then?

From my experiences with the dealers regarding discounts they still very reluctant to give any.How true the dealers don't do much for you but help themselves.

Getting test drives are a real pain and if ever I request a different model they always say its unavailble.

sorry about the moan, couldn't resist.

lee.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #54
lee888
Private
Rep

Spoke to the stealers today and was told there is a mild face lifted 3 series in the coming near future but wasn't willing to say when.

As some of you are aware that I'm after a E91 Edition model, well it seems that they are withdrawing this when the new face lifted 3 comes into production.

This has really made it more difficult in deciding, do I hang a bit for the new 3or take the edition with extra kit?

Opinions most welcome, please.

lee.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #55
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
The facelift will in all probability be for September production. It is entirely possible that the edition models are an attempt to perk up interest given that the facelift is on the horizon. Build changes for BMW occur in March and September, which neatly clashes with the number plate change in the UK.

One of the posts with spy shots (TBH it looks pretty mild):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121587

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #56
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
The facelift is so mild, I can't see it making a huge difference. Its not as if the whole front or rear end has changed for example.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #57
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee888 View Post
Spoke to the stealers today and was told there is a mild face lifted 3 series in the coming near future but wasn't willing to say when.

As some of you are aware that I'm after a E91 Edition model, well it seems that they are withdrawing this when the new face lifted 3 comes into production.

This has really made it more difficult in deciding, do I hang a bit for the new 3or take the edition with extra kit?

Opinions most welcome, please.

lee.
I think it depends how badly you need your car & when. The facelift will have a halo period where dealers will try and avoid offering discounts, but this may only last a few weeks until the pressure to sell in volume forces back discounts. Also, whilst they will try and say "new model, no discounts", you can look blankly back at them and say "its just the same and I could get 19% off the effective list with an Edition model". Whats their answer to this?

The facelift looks very similar - hard to tell exactly what the rear lights will be like but it appears like they will be more like E92 with a split level at the top of the lights changing at the boot line (more like previous BMWs). The fact that the reverse light is a small rectangle would suggest this - it wouldn't look right to have this and retain the sloping continous top line of the existing E90/91 (if you follow). This could make it much more appealing than the current model as the rear light styling is a current weak point (admittedly improved no end by Blacklines).

The edition models are attractive, but then again rule out 6-pot models - but this debate is another thread in itself.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #58
lee888
Private
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
The facelift will in all probability be for September production. It is entirely possible that the edition models are an attempt to perk up interest given that the facelift is on the horizon. Build changes for BMW occur in March and September, which neatly clashes with the number plate change in the UK.

One of the posts with spy shots (TBH it looks pretty mild):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121587
Thanks for the link, you are right its a very mild make over, I like the current face better actually, I suppose I have to wait to see in the coming months if the dealers are willing to give any incentives to lure me to buy old versus new!

lee.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #59
lee888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
I think it depends how badly you need your car & when. The facelift will have a halo period where dealers will try and avoid offering discounts, but this may only last a few weeks until the pressure to sell in volume forces back discounts. Also, whilst they will try and say "new model, no discounts", you can look blankly back at them and say "its just the same and I could get 19% off the effective list with an Edition model". Whats their answer to this?

The facelift looks very similar - hard to tell exactly what the rear lights will be like but it appears like they will be more like E92 with a split level at the top of the lights changing at the boot line (more like previous BMWs). The fact that the reverse light is a small rectangle would suggest this - it wouldn't look right to have this and retain the sloping continous top line of the existing E90/91 (if you follow). This could make it much more appealing than the current model as the rear light styling is a current weak point (admittedly improved no end by Blacklines).

The edition models are attractive, but then again rule out 6-pot models - but this debate is another thread in itself.
19% discount, where...... I'm missing something here tell me where and how PLEASE. lol

lee
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #60
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Lee - by 19% - I meant 10% off an edition model which already chucks in >£3000 extras for only £1000 - which taken together is like a 19% off the Dec 07 'original' list price - if that makes sense!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #61
lee888
Private
Rep

thanks for clearing that up, was getting worried that I wasn't pushing the stealers hard enough!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #62
stephen3rd
Private
Rep

Personally i just went for the Edition model.

It has all my usual options for a saving of almost £3000 and with the dealer giving 10% off i was pretty happy.

A facelift wont change too much, yes the dealers will be ar*eholes about discounting but it isnt the same as a new model.

Get my 320d MSport Edition on Saturday and cant wait......

Only 4 sleeps to go....
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #63
lee888
Private
Rep

What spec/colour other the usual m sport package did go for stephen3rd?

Manual or auto box?

10% discount seems possible then?, did you use a broker or straight to dealer and haggled the t*ts off them.

I don't want to sound greedy but I got 9% through a broker, do you guys think its any chance i could push for the full 10%?

All the dealers in my area don't want to play ball and I get well p*ssed off when they get you in the showroom after travelling a distance and all they can do is a pathetic 4% or 5% and then say we don't make nothing on the car.

lee.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #64
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen3rd View Post
Personally i just went for the Edition model.

It has all my usual options for a saving of almost £3000 and with the dealer giving 10% off i was pretty happy.

A facelift wont change too much, yes the dealers will be ar*eholes about discounting but it isnt the same as a new model.

Get my 320d MSport Edition on Saturday and cant wait......

Only 4 sleeps to go....
Congrats and good luck with the agony of waiting. Make sure you post some nice pics.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #65
stephen3rd
Private
Rep

lee888,

I waited till the 2nd last day of the first quarter and went to my usual dealer.

I wanted a Manual Titanium Silver 320d MSport Edition model and had decided i wanted to upgrade the Nav to Pro, add the USB interface and add the auto headlights and wipers.

To my surprise there was this exact spec at the distribution centre in Doncaster. It had Heated Seats which i wasnt fussed about but they cant be removed.

First dealer offered 8% and a flat rate of 5.15% on a Select PCP.

I told the 2nd dealer that i wanted him to give me his best deal on a car i could point him to in the BMW system.

He came straight in at 10% (No haggling....) so i told him that the first dealer had reduced their flat rate down to 5.15% and the first thing he said was "we can beat that" so he gave me 4.8%

So i pick the car up this weekend.

Photo's will be forthcoming.

Stephen
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #66
lee888
Private
Rep

Stephen

Thanks for your inputs m8 , might have to time my ventures into the stealers at the right part of the month to get the same results as you did.

I too wants the pro nav upgrade as well as some other options.

Can't wait for the pics m8.

lee
Appreciate 0