BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
1er OMG...

speechless
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

looks better to me
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Wow thats fuggs lol!

I don't think that headlamp style works anymore...at least not in this case.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

WTF ? are those suppose to be fogs lol ?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i see it is a projector in the picture... but there seems to be no way it could turn...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

can someone photochop the second pic and make the entire front bumper upside-down and fit it back onto the car (keep the lower grille as is), please!?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

or perhaps, just the grille need to be flipped.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

s'alright
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

that's horrible. it's disjointed and random
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i like the idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:10 AM   #11
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Huckfedlt has always done a good job giving us previews of upcoming bimmers, he's been slippery as of late (his X6 was totally off) but his track record is good.

That said, I cannot conceive BMW going this retro.
      01-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

not to bad not to good lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I like it... actually I would like anything that would replace the cuteness of the current headlights on the 1'er.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

NO FWD . And yes Huckfeldt knows exactly where BMW want to take the design direction of the next generation 1er , and that is to be a complete stand out car in the compact class.

Right now BMW like other manufacturers are preparing for the cars that will arise when the economy picks up again , and the 1er is one of these cars with the aim to be a very unconventional choice in the compact segment.
With the 1er and the clamour for smaller luxury cars BMW are working on , and or well on the way of conceiving a strategy of progressing tried and tested segments The Progressive Activity Sedan is one such project from this strategy that will enter for the 1er programme.

The Z2 concept features a very dramatic about-turn from the new Z4 although the short rear deck and long hood remains the front end is entirely different - think back to the mille miglia concept car and indeed Huckfeldts current 1er Coupe impression although the grille will be wide and not upright like the concept . The headlights sit at the bonnet edge surrounded by a wide upside down kidney grille The rear is less of a resemblance to the new Z4 and the typical BMW look with a more rounded rear end. BMW were always adament that the Z family would not be one model , different size. The Z2 will also inherit a folding soft top originally developed for the Z4 made to be more compact and accomodating than the previous Z4. This will give the Z2 reasonable cargo space.

After the initial introduction in the next generation of M5 , BMW will eventually develop KERS to filter down to it's general road car product line as a next phase in the continuance of Efficient Dynamics.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
NO FWD . And yes Huckfeldt knows exactly where BMW want to take the design direction of the next generation 1er , and that is to be a complete stand out car in the compact class.

Right now BMW like other manufacturers are preparing for the cars that will arise when the economy picks up again , and the 1er is one of these cars with the aim to be a very unconventional choice in the compact segment.
With the 1er and the clamour for smaller luxury cars BMW are working on , and or well on the way of conceiving a strategy of progressing tried and tested segments The Progressive Activity Sedan is one such project from this strategy that will enter for the 1er programme.

The Z2 concept features a very dramatic about-turn from the new Z4 although the short rear deck and long hood remains the front end is entirely different - think back to the mille miglia concept car and indeed Huckfeldts current 1er Coupe impression although the grille will be wide and not upright like the concept . The headlights sit at the bonnet edge surrounded by a wide upside down kidney grille The rear is less of a resemblance to the new Z4 and the typical BMW look with a more rounded rear end. BMW were always adament that the Z family would not be one model , different size. The Z2 will also inherit a folding soft top originally developed for the Z4 made to be more compact and accomodating than the previous Z4. This will give the Z2 reasonable cargo space.

After the initial introduction in the next generation of M5 , BMW will eventually develop KERS to filter down to it's general road car product line as a next phase in the continuance of Efficient Dynamics.
The Z2 is old news. The chances of its reality are slim to none given the state of the economy. The illustrations/renderings were based off of nothing.

Huckfeldt is amazing, I'll give him that, but there are and have been times where he's wrong. I'm positive this is one.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

And where's the hoff kink?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
slipknot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: omega 2.5

that looks like darth vader , bullshit it will never look like that
      01-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

No the Z2 Sportster is very much a reality with the project progressing rapidly through the design and engineering department, BMW need such a car to sit underneath and be an entry level roadster to it's bigger Z4 Brother.

With the 1er and specially the next generation model it is time to understand the need for such project expansion on small car platforms .
With the next generation 1er there is much potential for larger growth with an expansion of models to help maintain BMW's sustainability.
BMW want the 1er to offer a range of cars similar to the 3er and like the 3er provide a larger share of sustainability as the 3er does .

BMW X1 that will be unveiled in the summer is the first stage in this expansion programme. With the next generation of 1er , BMW aim to be more adventurous in this segment , which in europe offers the same choice by many brands. although the dynamic and sporting angle is covered by BMW.
The plan is to completely distinguish the 1er from the conventional competition and the first stage is that of design.

Although the Huckfeldt interpretation may disgust but it is on the line of BMW's thinking for the next generation of the 1er. When the economy picks up again There is the understanding that people might be looking for something new and different in a car and BMW aim to focus on that mindset .
Although seen as a sketch people are dubious but in real life it works.

A thinktank is already in place within BMW where designers get to express progressive solutions for Automobiles. The first of these ideas is the Progressive Activity Sedan which will debut in concept first before the produc tion model later this year .
PAS is a progression of the sedan , sedans are not normally known for their flexibility but are indeed for luxury.
another project known as the Spatial Touring is a reinvention of a SAV which is basically a low sleek shape with a stepped roof towards the back.
Inside space especially in the rear is as cavernous as a RR Phantom.

Whereas not every 1er proposal will be approved. Apart from the Coupe , Cabrio and two hatches and of course the X1 , Models moving from design to engineering and feasibility stage include the Sportster , Compact Activity Sedan and a Shooting brake - distinguished by the classic 2002 Touring in which a model was developed for the current 1er but did not make it by feasibility stage. Feasibility stage is the area when everything goes together , viability , platform engineering this is the last stage before given the Green light.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
No the Z2 Sportster is very much a reality with the project progressing rapidly through the design and engineering department, BMW need such a car to sit underneath and be an entry level roadster to it's bigger Z4 Brother.

With the 1er and specially the next generation model it is time to understand the need for such project expansion on small car platforms .
With the next generation 1er there is much potential for larger growth with an expansion of models to help maintain BMW's sustainability.
BMW want the 1er to offer a range of cars similar to the 3er and like the 3er provide a larger share of sustainability as the 3er does .

BMW X1 that will be unveiled in the summer is the first stage in this expansion programme. With the next generation of 1er , BMW aim to be more adventurous in this segment , which in europe offers the same choice by many brands. although the dynamic and sporting angle is covered by BMW.
The plan is to completely distinguish the 1er from the conventional competition and the first stage is that of design.

Although the Huckfeldt interpretation may disgust but it is on the line of BMW's thinking for the next generation of the 1er. When the economy picks up again There is the understanding that people might be looking for something new and different in a car and BMW aim to focus on that mindset .
Although seen as a sketch people are dubious but in real life it works.

A thinktank is already in place within BMW where designers get to express progressive solutions for Automobiles. The first of these ideas is the Progressive Activity Sedan which will debut in concept first before the produc tion model later this year .
PAS is a progression of the sedan , sedans are not normally known for their flexibility but are indeed for luxury.
another project known as the Spatial Touring is a reinvention of a SAV which is basically a low sleek shape with a stepped roof towards the back.
Inside space especially in the rear is as cavernous as a RR Phantom.

Whereas not every 1er proposal will be approved. Apart from the Coupe , Cabrio and two hatches and of course the X1 , Models moving from design to engineering and feasibility stage include the Sportster , Compact Activity Sedan and a Shooting brake - distinguished by the classic 2002 Touring in which a model was developed for the current 1er but did not make it by feasibility stage. Feasibility stage is the area when everything goes together , viability , platform engineering this is the last stage before given the Green light.
You make well thought out statements, but there are lots of claims being made which, in my opinion, require proof. I need to see sources. How do we know the Z2 is rapidly progressing? The last time I recall it being announced that it was in the works was almost a half a year ago, back before the economy dropped like a rock. There hasn't been a single test mule that I can remember, and no concrete illustrations have been made, save for the amateur one-offs formed from various Concept CS and Z4 bits.

From an enthusiast's viewpoint, yes, BMW does need a smaller roadster to slot in beneath the Z4, but it doesn't make sense for BMW business-wise.

"Although the Huckfeldt interpretation may disgust but it is on the line of BMW's thinking for the next generation of the 1er."
I'm not so sure about this. The illustration has very little, if nothing, in common with the upcoming BMW models. It still has the exact same character and swage line of the current e81/2/3. There's no way that the sides will look like carryovers for the next generation, especially considering the amount of scorn that lower swage line has recieved (gives the car a pot-bellied look).

We all know the X1 and PAS are well underway, and are close realities, but those models both make financial sense for BMW. They're going to be high-selling models. There's just very little information about the Z2, and nothing on the next gen 1er.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
slipknot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: omega 2.5

How can u get any smaller than Z4?...a z2?....why dont they make a Z5 or next Z8 or 9..? something more serious than Z4....to me Z3 and Z4 look like toys , just like SLK....why dont they make something like CLK or SL , Im so sick of Z4 and 1er I just hate that 'smaller' direction that BMW is heading , EVERYTHING in BMW is developing TOO DAMN slow
      01-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #21
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

I would like that concept 1 if they put on the 2002 kidney/grill, with a modern look, but they gotta go back to the original kidneys

they also need to raise the roofline, part of what I like on the 2002/1's is the high roof, easier to drive when you can see, leave that long look for the 3's
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #22
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
*throwsup*
Appreciate 0