F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Horrible fatal accident with a BMW- convertible !!!
Studio RSR

08-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #23
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
That is such a shame. Sorry for your loss. How fast much a tractor be going to do that kind of damage to a car? Tractor must of been hauling ass
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
So sad to end a life that way ... may she rest in piece.

Goes to show you, never thrust a green light always proceed with caution.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

What a tragedy. Who thinks that running a red light, with a tractor at that, is acceptable. While speeding on top of it. Some people have no common sense at all.

May she RIP.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Lost for words. RIP
      08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Omg. RIP.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Didnt watch the video after reading ops post. I would return the favor to the tractor driver. Only fair justice.
Some people ^ ^ ^ are really strange,i don't get this

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
jester17
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
OP: A friend of mine who spent quite a bit of time in Belgium tells me that driving laws/regulations in Belgium are EXTREMELY antiquated and lax... and that the death by vehicle rate in Belgium is almost 5 times the Euro avg. Is this true? As a Belgian driver, do you think driving there is more dangerous due to laws, poor driving, a combination of both or something else?

Just curious.

Thanks -- and many sympathies for your friends and family members of the deceased...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester17 View Post
OP: A friend of mine who spent quite a bit of time in Belgium tells me that driving laws/regulations in Belgium are EXTREMELY antiquated and lax... and that the death by vehicle rate in Belgium is almost 5 times the Euro avg. Is this true? As a Belgian driver, do you think driving there is more dangerous due to laws, poor driving, a combination of both or something else?

Just curious.

Thanks -- and many sympathies for your friends and family members of the deceased...
Actualy it's the opposite,cops are everywhere,speedcams ...mobile ,and on busy intersections ....i see sometimes 5-6 speedcams on one intersection !
And when you get caught ,i can tell you it's... $$$ !
The mobile ones i don't like...they are hide and parked between other cars and behind trees,and when you see a trash can ...maybe it's a speedcam !
You asked driving in Belgium is dangerous ....?
The last 2-3 years i see that cars moving slower due the speedcams and $$$ !
But....i can see also that drivers have stress...the economic situation ,at work we need to do the work of 5 people,and when this people drive home they do things...oh man ,burn out...nervous...they can't wait anymore !
This is for me personal the reason that causes 90 % of the accidents !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #31
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

I am so sorry to hear that.

Any idea of the speed the tractor was going? I couldn't imagine it would have been that fast considering the equipment it was hauling.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post

Any idea of the speed the tractor was going? I couldn't imagine it would have been that fast considering the equipment it was hauling.
Actualy the tractor was driving a long uphill road and was speeding at the max knowing that there was a traffic light in about the middle of the distance of the uphill,and i think he would not stop because...maybe it was to hard to stop, and drive off at that uphill,so he was speeding full to pass that red light!
More than one witness, have seen and heard him come driving through the red traffic light !
Yesterday i have heard that he is out of jail...no alcohol...no drugs in his system ,and i have heard also that he was starting to drive his tractor at 05.00 AM ! and the accident was 20.15 PM,so when you count the hours behind the steering wheel,than i think i know the anser....stress....nervous...exhaustion !
But all this may not be an excuse for this horrible accident,knowing that the victim was screaming(strange noises) for about 1-2 minutes her entire body was crushed to 2-3 cm thickness and her head for about 50 % and than suffocated !
I know this details because a friend of mine is of the fire department and was there,you can see the tent in the video...but they where not able to get her out,so they have took the car and the woman inside the car on a truck and after they have burnd her out of the wreck !
The body was no longer a body...the biggest part was 50 % of the head !
I feel nok now... when i'm writing this, but maybe it's better ,so everyone can read the horrible things that can happen on a road ...and that everywhere.. at anytime !
Was this bad luck ??? i don't know !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-06-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #33
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:

Actualy the tractor was driving a long uphill road and was speeding at the max knowing that there was a traffic light in about the middle of the distance of the uphill,and i think he would not stop because...maybe it was to hard to stop, and drive off at that uphill,so he was speeding full to pass that red light!
More than one witness, have seen and heard him come driving through the red traffic light !
Yesterday i have heard that he is out of jail...no alcohol...no drugs in his system ,and i have heard also that he was starting to drive his tractor at 05.00 AM ! and the accident was 20.15 PM,so when you count the hours behind the steering wheel,than i think i know the anser....stress....nervous...exhaustion !
But all this may not be an excuse for this horrible accident,knowing that the victim was screaming(strange noises) for about 1-2 minutes her entire body was crushed to 2-3 cm thickness and her head for about 50 % and than suffocated !
I know this details because a friend of mine is of the fire department and was there,you can see the tent in the video...be they where not able to get her out,so they have took the car and the woman inside the car on a truck and after they have burnd her out of the wreck !
The body was no longer a body...the biggest part was 50 % of the head !
I feel nok now... when i'm writing this, but maybe it's better ,so everyone can read the horrible things that can happen on a road ...and that everywhere.. at anytime !
Was this bad luck ??? i don't know !
Just did some digging and that tractor is a Fendt 930 Vario. That tractor has a top speed of 31 mph. You said she was screaming, for a few minutes afterwords? Given the speeds I do not doubt it.

This guy deserves to spend a long time in prison. I can only hope they let him go temporarily. Otherwise justice has not been served. If he was fatigued, he should have pulled off. There is absolutely no excuse. Regardless of his intentions, he brutally killed someone without reasonable cause.

Please keep us informed as to what happens (legally) to the tractor driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #34
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Didnt watch the video after reading ops post. I would return the favor to the tractor driver. Only fair justice.
Some people ^ ^ ^ are really strange,i don't get this
Causing death warrants death. Its just plain unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #35
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
Goes to show you, never thrust a green light always proceed with caution.
This. Just a couple months ago I was driving in front of my girlfriend. We were stopped at a red light and when it turned green we started to roll out. As I entered the intersection I looked to my left and saw a minivan speeding towards the intersection (the light was long red for her). I had to make a split second decision... slam on the brakes and hope the minivan passes in front of me or stomp on the accelerator and hope that I can make it. I chose the latter and the minivan ended up passing IN BETWEEN me and my girlfriend. We both narrowly missed getting t-boned at probably 40mph! I was so pissed, I considered turning around, chasing down the minivan, and giving the driver a piece of my mind.

ALWAYS check cross traffic before/while in an intersection!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Just did some digging and that tractor is a Fendt 930 Vario. That tractor has a top speed of 31 mph. You said she was screaming, for a few minutes afterwords? Given the speeds I do not doubt it.

This guy deserves to spend a long time in prison. I can only hope they let him go temporarily. Otherwise justice has not been served. If he was fatigued, he should have pulled off. There is absolutely no excuse. Regardless of his intentions, he brutally killed someone without reasonable cause.

Please keep us informed as to what happens (legally) to the tractor driver.
Some more details..........
The Police has find out by research that at the moment of the accident the tractor driver was calling with his mobile phone !
So.... driving a heavy tractor at top speed and make a phone call at the same time ?!?!

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-04-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Very very unfortunate. Sorry for the loss.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #38
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Shit...
My condolences to the family and friends of the victim.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

Just because a person is negligent/guilty doesn't mean justice will be served.
The operator of the tractor may live with the thought of the tragedy everyday for the rest of their life, or just shrug it off as another day on the job.

Either way....what a terrible waste that could've been avoided.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #40
NYC335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 alpine

RIP...sorry for your lost
      08-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
That tractor driver should spend the rest of his life in prison!
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0