F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Annoying Infiniti commercials
GetBMWParts

12-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #89
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post
I take their credibility over that of a BMW forum member.
LOL +1

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #90
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i M-Sport View Post
328i has a GM transmission which is not nearly as good as the 6L90E in the CTS-V.

GM (performance divison) and BMW cars have their issues. Most people buy them for the driving experience. If the reliability and quality is your highest priority, Lexus is a better choice.
Its not as good, but remember BMWs depend on weight savings and use of a beefy transmission isn't practical.

Keep in mind the 328s GM transmission is the same as the standard CTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
All 325 and 328 automatics are GM transmissions. All US E9X's are built in either Germany or South Africa.
Only 328s use the GM trans. the 325/330/335 use the german ZF transmissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
LOL +1
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #91
328i M-Sport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M-Sport Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s4u2 View Post
Not sure about the Lexus thing, my daughters ES350 has been in the shop 3 times as much as my BMW's, I know it's not the normal thing but I really don't have much good to say about Lexus.
I don't know about ES models.. never considered them a real Lexus. But my old GS430 never had an issue besides maintenance/wear items in over 120k miles.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #92
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14 View Post
The current E9X M3 is better than the CTS-V coupe (C&D and Motor Trend agree), and the new M5 will be way better than the CTS-V sedan.
I wonder if those mags where being quoted when the G series first came out ans some felt that the G series was better than the 3 series at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Bullshit! CTS-V may cost less, but it's also a "cheaper car". Anyone who really thinks a GM union-built sled is better than any production BMW needs to go buy one and learn from the experience. You can stuff a 'Vette engine in just about anything and go fast, but no "American" manufacturer will ever be able to claim they can out-quality the German car companies. The "Big 3" are doomed by their bean-counters and stockholders, whom they are beholden to way before their customers and the products they produce.
You sound like an older gentlemen and i will not disrespect your experience, however lets not go back 40 years how about the last decade or two. or even use JD power as a point of discussion. How could they give some of "The big 3" better marks than BMW in any area if they are that inferior?
Now some will say who care what JD says, but there numbers dont come from a test drive at the local dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
Dude..just GTFO of this forum. No one wants to hear or talk about garbage American cars. It's a fact that European cars have always been at the top and that isn't going to change anytime soon. I like all cars, but when you start comparing a bloated American car that looks like the shit I took this morning, to an athletic M3, it's clear you're smoking something.
You have seen the numbers for the CTSV and mustang around the ring havent you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
It's not about the money. You drive a BMW. Why would money matter? It's about the driving experience. You really think a Mustang will come anywhere near the feeling of an M3? Yeah ok. Seriously, just get out of here. If you like shitty American cars so much with huge ass engines that make no sense and sound like ass, just go to their shitty forums. Why you're on a BMW forum is beyond me. Remember, there's no replacement for displacement.
I would like to hear what you sound like when you dont like somthing. I had a chance to meat Carol Shelby and I aksed him about his dealings with the Ferrari camp. I wont repeat what he said, but your word fit that description to a T. BTW you do know how it turned out for the "Cars at the top" during that time dont you?
But I digress. Fast forward to the fist gen CTS-V. I liked the car but over looked it for the MB CLS 55AMG. But then I started reading about this shitty american non athletic car with an engine that made no sense, Destroying the GT race circuit. SO bad in fact that the non shitty athletic german cars in was racing complained. Prob about this displacement. The fat ass Caddy was forced to add weight ( 500lb I believe) because the "athletes didnt want to play with him any more.
BTW how is the extra displacement working out for the M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydermirza12 View Post
Here is a story you might like.

Once upon a time my friend had a CTShit-V, he also had opinions much like yours... Then! one day when he was driving along enjoying his super fast and super awesome handling car to attend his sisters wedding he felt a jerk and his car broke down Thank goodness for onstar and all the other cars he was travelling with helping him out or he would have never made it to his sisters wedding. After watching his CTShit-V get towed away, he continued his journey upset/frustrated about getting a CTShit-V and wondering what could have happened to his super fast/super awesome handling beast.

When he later went to the stealership, he was very surprised to find out there was an issue with his ECU and his transmission had failed on his CTShit-V which only had 23,000 miles on it. Luckily the car was in warrantee and he didn’t have to pay the $10,000 to fix it. Now he drives a super cool BMW, engineered by smart people who spend more money on R&D and less money on their CEO's vaction.

Moral of story --- CTShit-V is super fast and has super awesome handling. (engineered by dumbasses Oh and also Ferrari copied some of their idea’s too)
Cool story bro! Now Here is the Truncated version of another
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-ga...-subframe.aspx
Now those fine german engineers could not have made a crucial error 3 modela in a row...Oh ..wait ... my car is at the dealership. I took it in because my low oil light was on in less than 3k after an oil change.(burning oil in german engineering!?? :confused0068)It seems that my power steering pump has made contact with... The subframe. The almighty an not dumbass engineers say it is from running over a speed bum to fast. or hitting a curb. Now since I havent done either of these the brain trusts at BMW told me it was from ..."Entusiastic driving" I as I told him that I would try not to do this in the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I had 3 people from Bmw tell me that it is a design flaw.( I think they where prob spies from Infinity because the BMW engineers are not capable of such dumbassery! Even though I have CPO the "occurence " is not covered

4 0f 6 of my cars are German so I am not hating. However, those comercials reflect the attitudes of alot of people in this platform.
"You drive a BMW why would money matter?" This is what the comercial is poking fun at. Enjoy your car, but dont be ignorant and make the stereotype a reality.

Last edited by Sigma 3; 12-04-2011 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #93
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Apparently ignorance IS bliss, which is why you seem so blissfully ignorant.

As a matter of fact I have spent some time behind the wheel of a "V". And this "anything GM, Ford, or Chrysler makes is junk" is fact. I've been driving for over 40 years, lots more cars than you can imagine and more BMWs than you've likely owned.

I don't pay more for a badge, I pay for what I get, which is lots more than any Cadillac or other GM, Ford, or Chrysler can offer - in my opinion. Some people, obviously like yourself, have much lower standards.

As for recalls - GM, Ford, and Chrysler have had way more than BMW by a factor of 10, including for faulty parts that started fires in vehicles sitting in a driveway. Great union-built quality from the lowest-bidding supplier.

And finally - this thread is about Infiniti commercials, not about your jacked-up opinion of GM and its latest parts-bin marvel.
Dude, you are a fucking idiot. German-built BMW's are Union made too, using lowest-bidder parts as well (all business operate this way). You have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinions are based on cars designed, built, and manufactured 25 to 40 years ago (under different economic circumstances and parts sourcing resources). Go find someone who has experienced BMWs from 30 years ago, the quality sucked. I have first-hand knowledge of it. Ever hear of cracked cylinderheads in E12's and E21's?

So here's a question for you. What manufacturer makes their car with an electric water pump that fails at 100,000+ miles due to over-heated electronics and gives the owner absolutely no warning that the car is about to overheat? GM? No. BMW. Stop sniffing the Roundel glue...

Oh and you'll have to eventually replace the Roundels on your car too because they eventually craze-over and look like shit. I can post a DIY for it if you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #94
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Every time I see one of these commercials I take it as a compliment that they pick our cars to put in the commercials.

I don't see why some of you are so hostile about other brands. I like infiniti's and many American cars. I think if you're a car enthusiast, then you should learn to appreciate other cars. At least GM, Ford and Chrysler are finally trying to catch up and building some pretty sweet cars. I understand if you don't care for the styling...but give credit where credit is due. Ford in particular is doing great. And Germans love Fords as well as other fast american cars....why is that if some of you think they are so superior?
      12-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #95
badassfajita
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 e70 3.5i

I like the commercials frankly. They're fun and festive. Beats the heck out of watching the stupid Lexus ones with the big red bows on top of the cars.

The G presents a great value comparison against the 3 series and those that can't see this should really write the word FANBOY on their foreheads. IMO the G is 80-85% of the 335i for 8k less.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #96
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

most of the people so up the ass about claiming bmw is the best are the ones who spent every last dollar they had to purchase their 3 series, then usually blow 95% of every weekly paycheck trying to modify it. it is kind of like napoleon syndrome, minus the short stature. severe inferiority complex.

they invested so much money (according to their standards) and effort into their car, that the mere idea that something else may be better or equal is scary and stings like a salted wound.

i mean, i get the idea behind elitism. it is in human nature and programmed into society. but when you're so low on the totem pole, it just comes off as laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
I don't see why some of you are so hostile about other brands. I like infiniti's and many American cars. I think if you're a car enthusiast, then you should learn to appreciate other cars. At least GM, Ford and Chrysler are finally trying to catch up and building some pretty sweet cars. I understand if you don't care for the styling...but give credit where credit is due. Ford in particular is doing great. And Germans love Fords as well as other fast american cars....why is that if some of you think they are so superior?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #97
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
most of the people so up the ass about claiming bmw is the best are the ones who spent every last dollar they had to purchase their 3 series, then usually blow 95% of every weekly paycheck trying to modify it. it is kind of like napoleon syndrome, minus the short stature. severe inferiority complex.

they invested so much money (according to their standards) and effort into their car, that the mere idea that something else may be better or equal is scary and stings like a salted wound.

i mean, i get the idea behind elitism. it is in human nature and programmed into society. but when you're so low on the totem pole, it just comes off as laughable.
haha +1
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #98
Guile
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Yeah the commercial is kinda silly but still Infinitis are nice cars. I've owned one before.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #99
crizano
e46
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325i e46

Thats all that the competition can portray.

A BMW driver being a d-bag.

Very annoying indeed.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #100
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Man View Post
Talk about an uneducated tool talking out of their ass.

FYI, the Mustang GT gives your precious M3 aa run for the money. The Boss Mustang eats it alive.

Thanks for playing, kiddo.
You have to understand there is a lot more than just pure facts and numbers magazines produce. There is a reason why people buy their cars, I for one have yet to find anything that is similar or better than the BMW driving dynamics besides Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo's, MB, and other highly engineered cars. If you're going to sit here and tell me some Mustang is going to give the M3 a run for its money, that's fine. But not many, more like no one, would ever cross-shop the Mustang and the M3. Different people, different cars, and different worlds.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #101
TOOFY
Software Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe

I own and currently drive a G35 Coupe. I think it is a far better car for the money then BMW. I am comparing it to my 2005 328i I had before switching to the 2004 G35 Coupe. It rides better, performs better and even the leather is better quality. The 328i had all sorts of dumb little issues. Since February of 2007 i had not ONE issue with the G35. I still dont. I am here right now because i am trying to get an M3. I know the M3 is a better car overall but reliability wise the Nissan/Infiniti brand cannot be touched. Sorry those are my 0.02$
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #102
Penso di no
lapsed
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s4u2 View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, I believe the last E9X to be built in Germany was the 2006 model and 2007 and up where build in the USA with GM transmissions???
You are wrong. Only X5 and X3 are built in the US. 3-series are still built in Germany (and other places, including South Africa, but not US).
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #103
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

How come those commercials do not include---"all of our models have defective rear suspension designs which make loud clunks and we don't know how to fix it"
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #104
islandbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 SG

hey toofy WTf Infinitis are reliable and can't be touched go to www.truedelta.com the 2007 G35 is less reliable than the 2007 335 go figure.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #105
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
Why you would drop the name of a competitor boggles me.Promote their Infiniti and tell the public how great a car it is without mentioning another brand....But they all do it except BMW, Jealous Bastards!!
Excellent point....
      01-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #106
Daverytimes
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan 370z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
See I was not the only one that notice the BMW got their faster, the company who did this ad failed, the human mind pick up settle things like this and remembers its, this is definitely something Infiniti does not want people remembering about the their car.
You should also notice that the infiniti actually STOPPED so the owner can get the ball rolling down the hill. As my proffesor says "the way we see the world is not how the world is but how we are", posts like "Infiniti is a rebadged nissan" is filled not only with arrogance but ignorance. One of the many reasons BMW owners get a bad rep.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #107
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

both guys in commercial are dbags
BMW> rebadged nissan
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #108
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

infiniti try to sell cars whit the help of BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #109
Sandpiper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Whats funny about that one is the fact the infinite left the driveway first and the BWM beat it to the parking spots, so I can only assume that Infinite in slower than a BMW.

When I first saw that one, I said to the my son, wonder if they realize they made the BMW look faster especially in the snow.
+1. I thought the same. Infinti is probably feeling stupid about it. If a company has to bash their competitor it shows that they are frustrated and their product is inferior.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #110
ian48
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Wooooo I could cut this tension with a spoon
Appreciate 0