E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Wrapping in GVA?

02-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #23
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

I toyed with getting a wrap done... But didn't look too much into it. I would have loved to have the colour below.

But then I figured, unless any other mod, where at least you might get some $ back at the end, like 50% of it, if you're lucky, with a wrap, it's completely cosmetic and you're most likely going to have to pull it off from what I've read before selling the car. No dealer you'll trade it in would accept the car as is IMO, nor put any value on it at all.

So I asked myself, am I willing to spend $3,000 for purely cosmetic purposes that might last a couple of years, assuming that's when I'd sell my car? I kind of gave up on the idea after that. If I was sure I'd keep the car for another like 4 years, then maybe... Still can't justify in my head spending like $800 a year just to have a different colour car. I should spend that money on stuff like a suspension first!

But I did toy with getting the car plasti dipped, but need to do more research and see a few in person, as most do say it looks crappy up close, but the cost / benefit of doing it for fun and having to peel it off a year later I figure won't hurt as much.

The first pic is a wrap and the X3 is a plasti dip:

Appreciate 0