E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Got PPI results back, should I still get into this E90 335i?

03-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #23
Jo3_E90
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Good to see everything went well, definitely the other dealers out there should learn from this and no to rip people off when their are buying a car from them. Smart move man, welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #24
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelserom View Post
Hey guys!

Thanks for all your replies!

Today was the happiest days in my life!!

I did not even have to ask the dealer to cover any of the above mentioned services, he decided to cover the entire expense, and for my peace of mind also threw in an after market warranty at his cost.

I will probably do a write up sometime this week but for now I am just going to enjoy the rest of my night

After all was said and done, I am now officially a BMW owner!!
Not to be an a$$ here but WHO would buy a BMW from a dealer who hands over a sheet with $1650 worth of repairs needed on the car they are trying to sell with no warranty (everything else was bogus ex. cleaning the engine should be apart of fixing TWO expensive gasket leaks, fuel injection service does nothing on direct injection, they should have recommended intake valve cleaning, why would you need an alignment/if they knew that they should have done it while on the rack determining it needed one and if the coolant is "diluted" with distilled water and not overheating stick to the routine maintenance schedule if you believe they actually tested that).

In other words they fixed it and gave you a warranty because 90% of people wouldn't have bought it if they didn't. So the car already has $1600 worth of minor repairs (with $2300 worth of recommended work) and if anything else comes up after I spend $2300 fixing it that's on me to. "I'll take it!!!" If I heard that when I bought mine I'd have kept the POS I had before contemplating a used car with four figure repairs needed.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #25
Mick the Quick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive 4D 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
Not to be an a$$ here but WHO would buy a BMW from a dealer who hands over a sheet with $1650 worth of repairs needed on the car they are trying to sell with no warranty (everything else was bogus ex. cleaning the engine should be apart of fixing TWO expensive gasket leaks, fuel injection service does nothing on direct injection, they should have recommended intake valve cleaning, why would you need an alignment/if they knew that they should have done it while on the rack determining it needed one and if the coolant is "diluted" with distilled water and not overheating stick to the routine maintenance schedule if you believe they actually tested that).

In other words they fixed it and gave you a warranty because 90% of people wouldn't have bought it if they didn't. So the car already has $1600 worth of minor repairs (with $2300 worth of recommended work) and if anything else comes up after I spend $2300 fixing it that's on me to. "I'll take it!!!" If I heard that when I bought mine I'd have kept the POS I had before contemplating a used car with four figure repairs needed.
Oh, stop it, it was OP's happiest day of his life. Let him enjoy for a while at least. And, OP, I hope that getting a used car is not really the best thing to happen in your life....

Mick
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #26
Mick the Quick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive 4D 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelserom View Post
Hi everyone!

*EDIT*
I've updated the OP with an image of the PPI recommendations.

I'm new here but I hoping to join the E90 family possibly by tomorrow!

2009 335i, AT, Sport & Premium
71,XXX KM

I've received the PPI results from BMW Maranello for this beautiful E90 335i ( http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3+Ser...0811142122191/ )

The PPI indicates that an "Engine Leak" was found and suggests the following 3 services to be done on the car:

1)Perform Engine Shampoo
2)Replace engine oil filter housing gasket
3)Replace Valve cover gasket

Plus 3 more "optional services"

1)4 Wheel alignment
2)Fuel Injection Service
3)Cooling system service

The total cost to have the above 6 services came to $2,287.50

I do understand that I am buying a used car, and I'm willing to pay for it but should I?

I've only given the dealership a deposit of $500 so nothing is final, and was thinking the dealer should at least pay for half of the recommended services? or the entire price? or any?

Any input on the matter would be gladly appreciated!

Congrats, OP! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the PPI? How long did it take?

Mick
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #27
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Quote:

I think the PPI was performed at a BMW dealership and not the place where he was buying it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
kunal_d
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 3 pedals

Hi OP, first off congrats on the car!

Just a piece of friendly advice though, there is a Indy BMW shop basically across the street from Maranello, that does amazing work for really fair prices.

I suggest in the future you give them a try instead. In my personal opinion I wouldn't trust Maranello, but it's always good to form your own opinions on these things. I have nothing to gain from saying this, but it's just a bit of cautionary advice.

Regardless, you will have a blast with that car. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #29
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335

nice car. congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #30
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
I think the PPI was performed at a BMW dealership and not the place where he was buying it.
Okay no wonder it didn't sound right. How does this process work (who selling a car would let you take it to the dealer to depreciate the car they are selling or do they just pull up service history records)? Never heard of a PPI til now.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #31
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Quote:
Okay no wonder it didn't sound right. How does this process work (who selling a car would let you take it to the dealer to depreciate the car they are selling or do they just pull up service history records)? Never heard of a PPI til now.
I guess they trust who is doing the inspection and are honest and not trying to hide anything by letting a second party inspect the car, ( especially a BMW dealer ) I'm guessing that pulling the service records don't really have any merit when it comes to a full inspection. It's an honest full inspection of the car and any faults or concerns are documented for they interested buyer to see before they commit.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #32
trikat
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru (currently)

Quote:
OP bought it from DPAutogroup.
PPI done at BMW dealer.
PPI is commonly recommended on this E90 forum due to reliability issues.
http://www.bimmershops.com/blog/pre-...se-inspections
Typically $100 - $300.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #33
michaelserom
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikat
Quote:
OP bought it from DPAutogroup.
PPI done at BMW dealer.
PPI is commonly recommended on this E90 forum due to reliability issues.
http://www.bimmershops.com/blog/pre-...se-inspections
Typically $100 - $300.
You're absolutely right, I had the inspection done at Maranello BMW.
I also requested a Faulty Code scan, the entire inspection cost me $315 CAD. Just couldn't bring my self to make an education decision without it.
Appreciate 0