F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30 335 with BBS CH-R
proTUNING Freaks

01-28-2014, 04:42 AM   #23
ngbernie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

There aren't many reviews of the F30 ACS Springs. They are certainly not the most popular springs in North America, despite being one of the top aftermarket brands around. I only found 1 dealer who sells these.

It will be great if you can share more on the springs - the performance/stiffness increase over m-sport, the clearance and whether bottoming-out have become noticeably more frequent. Any experiences/comparisons with other F30 coilovers/springs?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #24
euro-r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW X5 | MSport | MPPK

I'm think of the 3D Design front lip spoiler on my jet black as well.

how's the fitment, easy to install?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:29 AM   #25
ciprian75
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

This is my first BMW and frankly I can only tell you about how AC springs behave compared with the factory installed ones. The ride is stiffer but not by a lot, there is a bit of front chatter over bumpy surfaces at low speeds and mild to no chatter at highway speed. Cornering is improved with less body roll than before, the AC springs give you more confidence to enter corners at faster speeds, the exit is nice and smooth with no lateral jerking.
The major difference is the really bad bumps on highways, the notoriously bad design transitions highway/bridge is where you really have to pay attention to. The car will bottom out and you will feel the pain every time, it never bottom out before regardless of how bad the road was. It does do it frequently now. I slow down from 65/70 to 45/50 when driving over some of these road bumps.
Even though I have never driven a BMW fitted with any other aftermarket springs I have the feeling that the purists will not consider the AC springs to be satisfactory for two reasons;
.they don't lower the car enough ( plenty for me)
.they are not stiff enough! Most definitely not a race spring, more of a cosmetic one for making the car look prettier.
Even though I would love to have a stiffer suspension and almost no body roll the ACs are the best of both worlds for me because I drive a lot and still have to maintain a decent level of comfort while driving.

The front lip spoiler is very easy to install ( that's what the shop guy told me). It ships with double stick tape and bolts. It does come unpainted so you will have to color match it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #26
ciprian75
Private
Rep

Yes, the color is slightly deceiving in these photos because of the sky reflections. I will try to get new photos up soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #27
ngbernie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprian75 View Post
This is my first BMW and frankly I can only tell you about how AC springs behave compared with the factory installed ones. The ride is stiffer but not by a lot, there is a bit of front chatter over bumpy surfaces at low speeds and mild to no chatter at highway speed. Cornering is improved with less body roll than before, the AC springs give you more confidence to enter corners at faster speeds, the exit is nice and smooth with no lateral jerking.
The major difference is the really bad bumps on highways, the notoriously bad design transitions highway/bridge is where you really have to pay attention to. The car will bottom out and you will feel the pain every time, it never bottom out before regardless of how bad the road was. It does do it frequently now. I slow down from 65/70 to 45/50 when driving over some of these road bumps.
Even though I have never driven a BMW fitted with any other aftermarket springs I have the feeling that the purists will not consider the AC springs to be satisfactory for two reasons;
.they are not stiff enough! Most definitely not a race spring, more of a cosmetic one for making the car look prettier.
Even though I would love to have a stiffer suspension and almost no body roll the ACs are the best of both worlds for me because I drive a lot and still have to maintain a decent level of comfort while driving.

The front lip spoiler is very easy to install ( that's what the shop guy told me). It ships with double stick tape and bolts. It does come unpainted so you will have to color match it.
Thanks for sharing. Stiffer shocks will definitely help reduce the bottoming out, I'm sure the Bilsteins B8 will pair perfectly. I plan to install these springs as well, and likewise will stick with stock shocks until they give way.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #28
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

The bottoming out issue is more related to unmatched shocks, than anything.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #29
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

In my humble opinion, your car looks superb!

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #30
Freestylerfalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 M340i

width and offsets of those CH-Rs??

if the OP is still around lol
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #31
ciprian75
Private
Rep

Oh, I can?t remember! Sorry, it?s been a long time.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #32
torkles
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i MSport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprian75 View Post

are you running the stock shocks and the stock bump stops? upgrading to bump stops will help with the ride quality when you think you're bottoming out.
      01-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #33
Strmtrpr_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

CLEAN! Looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #34
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Damn man that looks fucking bomb! Great wheels. Had em on my previous S4. Loved em!