Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #111
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen...and both manuals on top of it! Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #112
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Thanks for reading our story! It was stressful to plan and even somewhat stressful to execute, but looking back now I'm glad we accomplished most of what we set out to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
You miss that don't you haha.. its like instant love with German kin folk
The M3s were definitely attention getters there. The only other ones I saw were at the ring. Made me feel like I was driving around in a Ferrari in rural Georgia. Every car over there seems to be shades of black/grey/white so the YMB was unbelievably flashy in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
What will be funny is if her car shows up stateside before yours lol
I imagine it will but we are doing PCD redelivery so we won't see them until we are both at PCD on the same day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Fantastic! I'm just wondering when I'm going to meet a woman as awesome and special as your wife.

This picture sums up everything I want in my future spouse.
Believe it or not, my wife is the speed demon of the family on the street. I drive like a grandma on the street (except when I'm fulfilling the Accel Junky name...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
How do you get those sweet action Ring pictures of you and your wife in the M3??

Are there professional photographers taking these photos and selling them after? If so, how do you contact these folks to take pics of your car on the Ring?

I really want some of these action shots on the Ring when I do my next Euro Delivery!
There is a website that tracks all ring photographers. You can click on date you were there and find the photographers that were also there. Then go to their respective sites to find your car and order the digital files. Not cheap at all but what other choice do you have?

http://www.ringportal.nl/en/calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybmw View Post
Love the T-shirt. Manual is the only way to go!!
The t-shirts were totally planned so that we could submit photos to Car and Driver. Hopefully they feature one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8042 View Post
Wow. Very cool. And thanks so much for your service to our country.
Thank you for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Nice pics but two of the same cars in one house ? Sorry don't get it ?

Anyway who cares what I think - enjoy them!
I know...it is weird...but the M3 fit what she wanted the best and I just happened to like it more than my other options for the same price or less. Plus maybe we can bond more by going to the same meetups and events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed P View Post
Great trip and cars!

Have to ask though - why the ED? What's the benefit of that, other than an excuse to drive your new car in Europe?
ED is plain and simple an excuse for a nearly free (depending) trip to remember for a lifetime. The savings with ED price basically pays for the trip (depending on how lavish your tastes are or how long you will be gone for). You are also made to feel like a very special customer with ED (at least at the Welt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post

Congratulations! MT (X2!) for the win.

My wife and I are considering ED on an M3 next year, so I'm curious about your Ring experience. In your opinion, do you need to have significant track experience to be safe (assuming you know your limits)? I've had driving school experience (at BMW's Spartanburg center) but no track experience. Seems like it would be pretty hard to adhere to break-in (which I know doesn't matter to some) on the Ring - is this feasible while still driving fast enough to not be a danger?
My experience is as follows: 1 full track day, 3-4 auto crosses, aggressive mountain road driving, extensive aggressive street driving, familiarity with rear wheel drive and high powered cars

That being said, I think anyone could go out there but there are so many skilled drivers pushing their cars there you have to keep an eye out for people passing and if you are taking it really easy it is going to be chaotic with the passing.

This is the only time I've driven the ring so I don't know if I am qualified to advise on this subject, but I would say if you know the basics of taking corners, braking and managing power you should be OK but I think it would be good to do a novice track day ahead of time just to get more familiar. Worst case scenario is you make some faster drivers angry but they'll never see you again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Some people have too much money.
Jealous
Or...just really messed up priorities!

Believe me...not looking forward to paying them off but at least the money is going towards some really solid rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
CONGRATS! love the combo of F80's. Now the question is who had the faster Nordschleif lap?
That would've been cool to show her chasing my YMB down in the official photos...but we decided it was best to drop off one car right away and also have her just ride with me on the laps rather than drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e70sportmia View Post
Congrats that is just awesome! I wish my wife shared my enthusiasm for BMW...
She actually didn't care for BMWs at all before this. But slowly as time goes on there are fewer options for fast, manual trans luxury sedans. BMW is one of the last bastions of manual trans luxury cars. Once she looked at and drove the 328i and 335i, she was sold without even driving the M3 (we couldn't get anyone to let us).

Quote:
It's best to hit the ring early morning if you want to play it safe. In the morning it is not as crowded.

Has anyone taken their son on a ride on the ring? My son will be 6 years old and I would love to experience the ring together with him.

Has anyone taken their son on a lap ride on the ring on their European Delivery?
I think to go in the morning you need to go on a weekend day without any races. The evening tourist drives are for weekdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTUNED View Post
Stop being a male chauvinist and put up some pics of your wifes car!!!
All we have of hers are at the Welt. We dropped her car off there and did not have it the remainder of the trip. Better to at least have one of the M3s in the pics for the rest of the trip rather than our faces...which I'm sure nobody here wants to dwell on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Enjoy your car! The photos are very good!
Thanks! Though they were all taken with my iPhone and in general did not come out as sharp as I thought. The phone must be getting old and tired now. I wish I had an SLR to take with me but the iPhone is easy to carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing. I need to do ED next time, it's so beautiful over there!
It is amazing, really. You eventually grow weary of the beautiful scenery. There is just so much of it you start to feel like it isn't real and you don't belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie27 View Post
I noticed that you have the efficiency dynamics thing where all the settings are supposed to be, I remember when I rented a 4 series thiis summer it had that screen but I dont have it on my M3 I also noticed that you have the Direction in your rearview mirror, I dont have that either on mine I guess we dont get that stuff on gulf spec cars
I didn't notice the mirror compass until near the end of the trip when my wife pointed it out. The efficiency thing was cool, but my foot is well trained as far as what works out to be good economy and bad economy so I didn't really look at it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #113
tkila
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

I thought wives would be interested in SUVs like the new Range Rover Sport. Maybe times have changed but I've seen more women driving the new M3s more than men in my city. It seems women care more about what they drive than men.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #114
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

I LOVE the sequential tourist plates!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #115
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkila View Post
I thought wives would be interested in SUVs like the new Range Rover Sport. Maybe times have changed but I've seen more women driving the new M3s more than men in my city. It seems women care more about what they drive than men.
She actually wanted an SUV. But it ALSO had to be fast, manual trans, luxurious, etc... We couldn't find anything like that aside from the base Cayenne. The Macan would have been a good choice if the manual was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
I LOVE the sequential tourist plates!!!
I didn't expect this to happen, but glad it did! The question is...can I convince my wife to trade 1 plate each so we each have a pair of the sequential plates?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #116
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
What an awesome experience!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Def something for me to consider for my next ///M European Delivery!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #117
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Thanks for reading our story! It was stressful to plan and even somewhat stressful to execute, but looking back now I'm glad we accomplished most of what we set out to do.........

All this talk makes we want to do EU delivery again
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #118
mmurray
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Awesome!! Love the matching manuals.

I think we missed you guys by about a week - I was over with a group to pick up an M4 and 550 after running TF at the ring on 9/28. Looks like you had a blast! European delivery is the only way to go.

Enjoy your new M3s (in 6 weeks) - can't wait to see the SC redelivery writeup too!

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #119
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

You sir are living the dream
      10-22-2014, 05:09 AM   #120
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Awesome Trip man I could not pay my wife to do that. Your Wife is Awesome Wife of the Century!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #121
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
Awesome!! Love the matching manuals.

I think we missed you guys by about a week - I was over with a group to pick up an M4 and 550 after running TF at the ring on 9/28. Looks like you had a blast! European delivery is the only way to go.

Enjoy your new M3s (in 6 weeks) - can't wait to see the SC redelivery writeup too!
Good idea! I will document the performance delivery as well. I have a photographer buddy living in Charleston that says he may want to come watch. Maybe I can convince (or pay) him to shoot the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
You sir are living the dream
Not when the dual payments come due!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #122
m3s_are_crisp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

You kids are absolutely awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #123
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Epic. Some day. Some day...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #124
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Wow, his and hers M cars and with manuals. That is too cool.
      10-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #125
mmurray
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:
Good idea! I will document the performance delivery as well. I have a photographer buddy living in Charleston that says he may want to come watch. Maybe I can convince (or pay) him to shoot the whole thing.
Do it! Was always curious how the performance center redelivery is handled - haven't experienced that one. Just bribe him with some seat time in the M3!

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #126
surewin
///M3mber
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you two had a blast, and love the T-shirts!

6-Speed | Inconel M Exhaust | Stoptech | Macht Schnell | AST
Instagram: surewin_e92m
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #127
Lee22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 IB ///M5, E46 LSB ///M3

great write up. i did an ED in summer of 2009. looking forward to picking up my M4 summer of 2015
      10-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #128
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Thanks for sharing! Keep preaching (and practicing) the manual gospel!

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #129
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Has anyone taken their son on a ride on the ring? My son will be 6 years old and I would love to experience the ring together with him.

Has anyone taken their son on a lap ride on the ring on their European Delivery?
I did, back in 2009 when he was almost 6. Had one more lap to go in an evening session so I told my wife it was a now or never moment. Both she and my son hopped in the car and away we went.

After about 10 corners she was a little pale and kept asking if we can get out now. And I was driving in guest mode, helpfully pointing out corners, castles, features and whatnot.

All this time my son was whooping in delight, and kept egging me on to go faster daddy on the racetrack. He was laughing with glee and generally having the time of his life.

That's my boy, brought a tear to my eye remembering all this.

But seriously just make sure the child seat is really secure and not moving around because the car most definitely will. And of course, keep your eyes peeled and be prudent.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #130
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I did, back in 2009 when he was almost 6. Had one more lap to go in an evening session so I told my wife it was a now or never moment. Both she and my son hopped in the car and away we went.

After about 10 corners she was a little pale and kept asking if we can get out now. And I was driving in guest mode, helpfully pointing out corners, castles, features and whatnot.

All this time my son was whooping in delight, and kept egging me on to go faster daddy on the racetrack. He was laughing with glee and generally having the time of his life.

That's my boy, brought a tear to my eye remembering all this.

But seriously just make sure the child seat is really secure and not moving around because the car most definitely will. And of course, keep your eyes peeled and be prudent.
This is great!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #131
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

I just want you all to know my wife has been reading this thread and the comments may be getting to her head
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #132
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
I just want you all to know my wife has been reading this thread and the comments may be getting to her head
As it should be.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0