BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

11-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
5ivelug_ek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 Melbourne

Exclamation E30 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 9,500.00

Item Interest
Cliff Notes:

1988 M3
178,xxx
Titled as 1984 318i
alipine white
cheap!

Long story:

bought this car with a reassigned NY vin. it was advertised as a M3 "clone." after receiving the car i started to do a little digging. The car is an authentic M and not some hack job. unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, it is still title as a 318i, The vin in the door jamb and the vin on the firewall all show the 318i vin. I had to jump through hoops trying to get the vin changed on the title from the NY reassigned vin, which was something like 8-10 characters, back to the vin that is on the car (318i) In the process the car has been inspected by the local law enforcement auto theft task force and has been determined to the best of their ability to be legit. ok, so that's about it on the title history.

The car came from NY so there is a bit of cancer eating away in the rear, mostly the driver rear wheel well area. The car has been painted numerous times and is a good 25 footer.It needs some help. Dash is crack free, although the windshield is not. The interior is worn on the driver side bolster and stitching has come apart. The engine is super strong and has a receipts from a recent rebuild. New clutch. transmission shifts smooth but a high rpm it scratches going into third gear if you shift it fast. There is a leak from the output shaft seal on the transmission. I have the seal, just haven't had time to replace it. Power steering has been removed. you really don't need p/s in a car this light, but I've still got the pump. New alternator. A/C had been working but the compressor coil has failed. I can have this fixed relatively quickly if it is a deal breaker. Tune up done at 175k new plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotor and ignition coil all oem BMW. New fuel pump and fuel filter. New ground control sleeve kit. Rear tires are getting old and starting to dry rot. fronts are in good condition. Depo "smiley" headlights. It has some unknown aftermarket exhaust. It sounds really nice and deep.

So in short this is an opportunity to own and drive a legend at a fraction of the cost of the current E30 M3 market. The car does have it's flaws, but its 25 years old. $9,500 to a good home.

Appreciate 0