F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > So whos Winter Bulking?
Studio RSR

01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado

So whos Winter Bulking?

Granted, miami never gets cold here but we still participate in the event. Just started using a new app call MyFitnessPal and all i have to say is that does more than i could imagine. Makes orgranzing food for the week, easy. Also consuming a gallon of water throughout the entire day. Sometimes use BCAA's for flavor so i dont get tempted for soda

Bulking on a 3600 calorie diet right now with a protein/carb/fat ratio of 40/40/20 and this is making it much easier.

Heres my meal plan. I drink my coffee at home and eat breakfast at work. helps my metabolism kickstart before i begin pounding food

MEAL 1 (morning 8-8:30am)
-cup of black coffee or tea (no sugar or sweetners)
-6 whole eggs with 1 roma tomato and spinach
-1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on the eggs
-2 cups of skim milk

MEAL 2 (mid morning 11am)
-100g oats
-2 scoops ON Gold Standard Whey

MEAL 3 (lunch 2pm)
-150g brown rice
-1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil on my rice
-2 grilled chicken breast
-1 cup of greek yogurt and a 6oz yoplait light (I mix plain greek with a flavored yoplait for the flavor)

Meal 4 (snack 5pm)
2 tbsp peanut butter
-50g oats

Meal 5 (pre workout 7pm - 8pm)
-2 cups of skim milk
-2 scoops whey protein
-1 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 6 (Dinner 10pm - 11pm)
- Sirloin tip steak (I play with this meal the most since its after the gym and i keep carbs away. i can eat whatever lean meat i choose)
-1 cup of skim milk

Totals: Calroies: 3650 | Protein: 325g | Carbs: 316g | Fat: 124g |Sugar: 72g

This can be played with in many ways, my rice can be swapped out for sweet potatos or regular potatos and my meats can easily change from poultry to fish or whatever i would like. Granted, this is for my workout days, non workout days i cut out about 300 calories. Post up some of your schedules!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Handozizle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

I'm a typical hard-gainer/ectomorph, so the whole year is bulk season for me haha. I'm at 6'3" and 192lbs right now. My target is 200 before the spring time.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handozizle
I'm a typical hard-gainer/ectomorph, so the whole year is bulk season for me haha. I'm at 6'3" and 192lbs right now. My target is 200 before the spring time.
Still got plenty of time to get up there. Gym has been packed since New Years. All the resolutionist should die out soon though
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I need to start a bulk again I'm getting to lean

that seems like a lot of protein and sugar per day? (I guess that depends on how much you weigh). Maybe add in some more Vegi's if you can as well.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep

the sugar is mainly from the milk but it does not bother me. some people react different, my body reacts better off more protein than carbs. too much fat in my diet and i become lethargic. im 5'5" weighing 187. I try mny best to eat salad but i just do not like my veggies. i can make chicken in the oven and throw some veggies in there with it to soften them up, if not i wont eat them.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
That sugar intake is fine. On days I run, myfitnesspal recommends no more than 86g of sugar. Yesterday I only took in 73g (also from milk and fruit). I read somewhere the average American consumes like 150g of sugar in a day. Way too much. On a day I don't workout, I try to limit my sugar to under 40g.

The protein does seem a bit high, but maybe it's better for you. I've been reading a lot of research that says 1-2g of protein per kg of body weight for athletes is about right. Of course it's different for everyone though. I don't take in nearly that much protein. It's way too much for me. I'm at about 1.10g per kg I think on normal days, days I work out heavy it increases to about 1.5g per kg.

See below for a sugar graphic. It's crazy how much sugar people eat... I like sweets every now and then, but this pic is disturbing.

http://www.onlinenursingprograms.com...r-sweet-tooth/
      01-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #7
Maaarkk
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92/E63

Garage List
2004 E63 645CI  [0.00]
2007 Bmw E92  [10.00]
I've been on e90post for sooo long! and only just came across this off topic section.. Never scroll down this far usually lol!

I'm winter bulking at the moment, and have been using my fitness pal for the last couple of yrs, I couldn't have done my cut without it, or this bulk!

Started off my bulk at 92kg ~ about 200lbs I think.. Weighed in today at 99kg ~ 218lbs.

I'm 6ft on the dot, at around 13% bf at the moment, eating 3500cal per day... Gotta love bulk mode! My goal was 100kg ~220lbs, but think I'll keep going until about March or April on a clean bulk and see how much more mass I can put on!

Been training for about 4 yrs now and only started recording my diet the last yr or so.. This is my first bulk recording my food and I'm shocked how easy it is to put size/weight on!! Before I could never get past about 93/94kg then I realised that I thought I was eating enough but actually wasn't.

Myfitnesspal ftw! Haha
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^+1 love myfitnesspal I use it as well, it really goes to show you that when you think you are eating a lot in reality you are not! If you are not tracking your food your just wasting your time IMO.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep

It really is the most convinient app i have ever used. I just update my meals as i go and if im behind, i throw some more snacks in. Lowering protein a tad and raising carbs about 100g for today. gonna try a larger carb load for cardio days and see it plays out.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Whats funny is how everyone complains how they dont see results. As they are telling this to your face, they are drinking some starbucks coffee.....really? or the best one "i cant eat any carbs, theyre bad for me"

Also have that one guy at work "i dont get how you eat so much all day long and dont get fat. I eat once a day and a snack and gain weight"

80% diet | 20% training

Learn to live by it. walking into the gym and doing the same crap over and over again will not yield results, especially if you eat like a 15lb toddler.

any questions, post them up here and everyone can chime in to get your diet in check. there are so many meal plans on the internet so jsut figure out your maintenance and up calories from there and play it out for a week or two. if you dont gain a lb or 2, then up some more. thats how you dial in your diet so you can gain. the bigger you get, the more you gotta eat

P.S. Do not ask for anyone to make you a diet. Post up what you eat through out the day and the critics will come....trust me lol
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #11
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericruiz911 View Post
Whats funny is how everyone complains how they dont see results. As they are telling this to your face, they are drinking some starbucks coffee.....really? or the best one "i cant eat any carbs, theyre bad for me"

Also have that one guy at work "i dont get how you eat so much all day long and dont get fat. I eat once a day and a snack and gain weight"

80% diet | 20% training

Learn to live by it. walking into the gym and doing the same crap over and over again will not yield results, especially if you eat like a 15lb toddler.

any questions, post them up here and everyone can chime in to get your diet in check. there are so many meal plans on the internet so jsut figure out your maintenance and up calories from there and play it out for a week or two. if you dont gain a lb or 2, then up some more. thats how you dial in your diet so you can gain. the bigger you get, the more you gotta eat

P.S. Do not ask for anyone to make you a diet. Post up what you eat through out the day and the critics will come....trust me lol

That is very true. Diet, or healthy eating is everything.
I need to work my butt back into shape. I haven't ran consistently since about September. I got lazy, slacked off, and now I'm about 185lbs. I'm 5'9", so weight gains and losses are very noticeable on me.
On another note: anybody tried any detox tea things before? If so, how do they work and will I be running off to the bathroom a lot? hahaha
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #12
GotE46M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Few M cars.

I'm trying to get toned and lose 10 lbs or so. Any good suggestions or websites I can check out as far as nutrition wise?

I'm 6'1 196lbs at the moment... been playing basketball 2-3 times a week but needs to start running 1-2 miles after..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #13
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE46M
I'm trying to get toned and lose 10 lbs or so. Any good suggestions or websites I can check out as far as nutrition wise?

I'm 6'1 196lbs at the moment... been playing basketball 2-3 times a week but needs to start running 1-2 miles after..
You have to figure out your maintenance calories and work around. Generally, a cutting diet will be egg whites, whole wheat bagels and breads, lean proteins, healthy fats such as peanuts, cutting out unnecessary sugars and getting good carbs. Don't starve yourself but try and stay 500 calories under maintenance and get some weight lifting in. Look up diets such as "3000 calorie meal plan" etc

MyFitnessPal is spectacular once you know how to create your diet

http://www.themuscleprogram.com
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #14
jersmith
Rep
Drives: My car looks Black beauty B-)

I've been bulking for the past month or so, and I have filled in like a motherfuker and my lifts are getting a lot stronger, but I feelfatman. Oh well, I'm primarily training for strength now, so I dungiveafuk.