XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
MaX6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 50i

6NR Retrofit

Adding BMW Apps and the ability to send audio/video (Netflix, Slingbox, etc.) to the NAV screen... I am using the guys at BimmerTech to retro the 6NR function and upgrade the I/O Level to accommodate all of the above.. I'll update when this is completed with some pics..

The 6NR was only avail with the technology package (HUD/BMW Apps) and is the one item on my car I regretted not having... I'm hopeful this will all go smooth and I will be off and running with video in motion with my Slingbox app via iPhone..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
MoTastic_2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Man

thats awesome! i have HUD but its 09, wish I had that option :/

maybe I get them to retro the new navi in it. only thing I regret not getting with the 09 and the shitty backup camera
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX6
Adding BMW Apps and the ability to send audio/video (Netflix, Slingbox, etc.) to the NAV screen... I am using the guys at BimmerTech to retro the 6NR function and upgrade the I/O Level to accommodate all of the above.. I'll update when this is completed with some pics..

The 6NR was only avail with the technology package (HUD/BMW Apps) and is the one item on my car I regretted not having... I'm hopeful this will all go smooth and I will be off and running with video in motion with my Slingbox app via iPhone..
My car was built on Oct 2009, it has the HUD feature but missed the BMW Apps feature for just 1 or 2 months........that's unlucky too......
I know I can retrofit my car but I did not like the idea of removing the Combox each time the car goes to the dealer to get a software update, that was what Bimmer Retrofit from Canada told me early this week, so I ended quiting my project........