F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread
ARMA SPEED

08-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #133
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

I saw rampage at John Wayne last month.
I was going to ask him if he could put me in a head lock so i could take a picture but he was on the phone and i didn't want to disturb him. ahahaha
      08-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #134
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
I dont care if he met him, thats not the point, my point is, he doesnt KNOW him. Met, Know, are two different things pal. And that clown just said it to puff up his fighter because I called him a bitch. So, to counteract that, he says he personally knows him, thats what I refute, and still do. He doesnt know shit for anyone else who gets an autograph, or goes to a fucking sparring session.

Its lame to claim that shit, its what posers do the world over...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #135
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
I dont care if he met him, thats not the point, my point is, he doesnt KNOW him. Met, Know, are two different things pal. And that clown just said it to puff up his fighter because I called him a bitch. So, to counteract that, he says he personally knows him, thats what I refute, and still do. He doesnt know shit for anyone else who gets an autograph, or goes to a fucking sparring session.

Its lame to claim that shit, its what posers do the world over...
Alright, I'll consider this a valid point, but in his defense maybe he just means that he merely knows what type of guy Anderson is? Generally, you can gauge someone's personality after meeting them and spending a bit of time with them.

Anyways, back OT. I think last night's title fight knocked some sense into Silva for damn sure. I feel like he wasn't going to take this fight seriously, and even in the first round it appeared that he was letting Chael hit him in the jaw as if he were trying to taunt him? Silva didn't display any "blackbelt" BJJ skills until the last round either. In any event, I hope this fight will get Silva to stop his lame prancing around the ring like a fucking ballerina.
      08-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #136
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
Alright, I'll consider this a valid point, but in his defense maybe he just means that he merely knows what type of guy Anderson is? Generally, you can gauge someone's personality after meeting them and spending a bit of time with them.

Anyways, back OT. I think last night's title fight knocked some sense into Silva for damn sure. I feel like he wasn't going to take this fight seriously, and even in the first round it appeared that he was letting Chael hit him in the jaw as if he were trying to taunt him? Silva didn't display any "blackbelt" BJJ skills until the last round either. In any event, I hope this fight will get Silva to stop his lame prancing around the ring like a fucking ballerina.
Exactly. Some people are just ignorant and too prideful to admit they are wrong. Anyways, agree to disagree. People like Daniel are what drags forums down. I choose to be respectful to fighters, he doesn't, simple as that.

p.s. I don't seek autographs, I've worked in the Sports industry, it's just not my thing. There's people on the forum that can attest to where I've worked as well. It's no big deal really, it's about who you are, I don't expect any cred for who I might happen to know, that shit is just circumstance.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #137
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
I think last night's title fight knocked some sense into Silva for damn sure. I feel like he wasn't going to take this fight seriously, and even in the first round it appeared that he was letting Chael hit him in the jaw as if he were trying to taunt him? Silva didn't display any "blackbelt" BJJ skills until the last round either. In any event, I hope this fight will get Silva to stop his lame prancing around the ring like a fucking ballerina.
I too felt like he was taunting him in the first round but other than one punch, it really didnt look like they were hurting him. I too was disappointed by of action of his back, he had a triangle w/ in reach in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and didnt go for it, he would control Sonnens wrist like he was getting ready but wouldnt pull the trigger until the 5th

I wonder how much the rib injury affected him. Sonnen said in the post fight conference that he believed Anderson wasnt 100% entering the fight
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #138
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

The Bobcat has it right...
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #139
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Anderson had a really passive bottom game the whole fight, it surprised me. He usually has much better hips than that but he was content on minimizing the damage. Sonnen didn't really do much damage other than the first round. Anderson had plenty of chances to sweep but he didn't turn the corner or open his guard too much. Rib injuries are terrible though, it's hard to function with an injury like that.

This move was pretty nice by Sonnen:

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #140
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
^and smart, as soon as I saw Anderson grab the leg, I thought James Irvin 2
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #141
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Hey guys firstly I just want to say to keep the conversation on topic and refrain from dongle wars. I created this thread for MMA fans who follow UFC to have decent conversation about what is going on in the Octagon. These kind of arguments achieve nothing and will only result in a thread ban which I would hate to see as I enjoy reading everyone's opinions here.

Anyways, moving on. I couldn't believe the Silva v Sonnen fight. I've never seen Silva get dominated like that. Not making any excuses for Silva but IMHO it was a combination of Silva having a rib injury + Silva getting rocked early on + Sonnen bringing his A game which is what we ended up seeing. Also, I thought Silva looked extra lean for this fight, not sure if that had anything to with anything.

Regardless, Sonnen backed up his trash talk and took it to Silva. I've never seen anyone put on that much pressure against Silva and Sonnen's cardio was great. As a Silva fan I found it really difficult to watch the fight and seeing him get ground and pound on like that. He's at his best on his feet and he even got rocked standing up a few times. I was glad he used his BJJ to pull off a submission because I really didn't want Sonnen to win. I really despised the fact that Sonnen stole Silva's moment to shine when he tapped to stop the fight causing the referee to intervene then continuing as if it never happened. He's a chronic liar in interviews but you can't fake it in the octagon.

Anyway, glad Silva is still the champ but I'm still in shock. Although he showed bravery and the ability to overcome adversity it's highlighted his flaws in his MMA fighting style. I think a GSP v Silva match could easily go GSP's way especially since he is very successful with take downs.

Congrats to Silva for another win that's 12-0!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #142
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
While GSPs takedowns are great, they are far different than Sonnen's style. His takedowns are predicated on timing and speed. While Sonnen is technique/strength. Sonnen is willing to take a few hits while going for the takedowns. Their styles are vastly different. GSP won't come in weighing 215 like Anderson/Sonnen do. Weight is a huge difference maker.

I think Silva was injured.

Should have easily guillotined him.

Dana doesn't look happy. Either he's faking his rib injury or he really hurts. No one will know for sure but he didn't look as explosive as he normally does.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #143
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Nope im not gona GTFO as some would have stated, dont like my opinion, dont come in here and read it then, simple enough for you?

No fighter comes into a fight 100%. The reason Silva didnt get the chance to sink on any submissionsis Chael was waiting for it. Every time Silva tried to throw his leg over silva postured up to negate it and keep Silva from swinging the leg over. He constantly pulled his arms out of his controll as well, the whole fight. He got tired at the end from going 100% for 5 rounds. The last time Silva threw up his leg, Sonnen stayed Down chest to chest and didnt posture up. Tired, drained, and out of focus for a sec. And he got caught. It happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #144
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Fighters do come in at 100%. Sometimes it's 90% sometimes it's 100%. A broken rib is something else (I have had one and have had bruised ribs on several occasions). When I was younger I could deal with it, now I can't even grapple with bruised ribs unless I have a rib guard. I often choose to take a break instead though.

Anderson never fuly committed to subs. They were not blocked. When he had the butterfly guard, he just sat there with it. Then when he had his feet on his hips, he never tried to turn the corner (that's a big key to a lot of subs). Anderson didn't posture up from open guard and didn't EVER try to sweep. Towards the later rounds he was content of minimizing damage from the closed guard. He didn't open it for the most part.

Sonnen loses to subs all the time. He has poor sub defense. I don't know how you can possibly think he was blocking Anderson's attempts when there were either barely any or he never fully committed to them. Sonnen got caught in the triangle because he was busy trying to throw punches because he is always ultra aggressive. He didn't smother and use grinding elbows from the top like GSP/Tito/Couture would. Watch the fight again, Sonnen was trying to get out. This, you are 100% wrong on. It was a triangle/armbar combo (see vid) though.

Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke)
Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar)
Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority)
Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut)
Scott Shipman Submission (Choke)
Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke)

As you can see he's been getting subbed his whole career.

Last edited by OC Guy; 08-09-2010 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #145
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Also if you look at their faces, Sonnen was taking the brunt of the damage via elbows from Anderson being the bottom. How many times did he pass Anderson's guard?

Sonnen in affect out wrestled him but never out grappled him if that makes sense. He went from full to half guard about 5 times. Never passed IIRC. Never maintained side control.

Don't get me wrong, Sonnen won that fight 4.8 rounds but his damage was minimal and Anderson did not look like he had an explosion.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #146
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I agree that most fighters do not come in at 100% and almost all fighters have pre-existing injuries they put up with. A broken rib is something else though and had it not been so close to fight-day we would have seen it post-poned for sure.

Also, OC 335i, I'm not sure if that pic of Sonnen's face is from the Silva fight or not. I distinctly remember Anderson slicing a cut open over his left eyebrow which looked very nasty and it's not visible in the pic you've posted. I could be wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #147
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Fighters do come in at 100%. Sometimes it's 90% sometimes it's 100%. A broken rib is something else (I have had one and have had bruised ribs on several occasions). When I was younger I could deal with it, now I can't even grapple with bruised ribs unless I have a rib guard. I often choose to take a break instead though.

Anderson never fuly committed to subs. They were not blocked. When he had the butterfly guard, he just sat there with it. Then when he had his feet on his hips, he never tried to turn the corner (that's a big key to a lot of subs). Anderson didn't posture up from open guard and didn't EVER try to sweep. Towards the later rounds he was content of minimizing damage from the closed guard. He didn't open it for the most part.

Sonnen loses to subs all the time. He has poor sub defense. I don't know how you can possibly think he was blocking Anderson's attempts when there were either barely any or he never fully committed to them. Sonnen got caught in the triangle because he was busy trying to throw punches because he is always ultra aggressive. He didn't smother and use grinding elbows from the top like GSP/Tito/Couture would. Watch the fight again, Sonnen was trying to get out. This, you are 100% wrong on. It was a triangle/armbar combo (see vid) though.

Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke)
Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar)
Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority)
Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut)
Scott Shipman Submission (Choke)
Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke)

As you can see he's been getting subbed his whole career.
exactly, a rib injury is pretty painful. I got bruised ribs after playing football and it would hurt to breath, drive, sleep. Cant even imagine a broken one. Not sure what the severity of his injury was though, but it clearly slowed him down. He never once tried to hip escape. Sonnen had control but only cause Anderson did nothing to get out, he would just control his wrist and try to minimize the blows

ive been a big Sonnen fan for a long time, I like the way he fights. I wasnt too thrilled about his trash talking this time cause Anderson is the complete opposite when it comes to that. But OC is dead on, he always gets subbed. I felt terrible for him when Paulo Filho didnt make weight and the fight was declared a non tittle fight. He should have been the WEC champ but sorry not gonna happen in the UFC. Anderson will continue to dominate. I actually wanna see him fight Vitor Belfort next or even Jon Bones Jones

IMO, unless you are the champ and you loose, you dont get the automatic rematch, you have to fight your way up again.

and you def cant compare GSP to Sonnen, two completely diff styles. When GSP takes someone down, he doesnt get triangled that easily. He controls and advances. He doesnt punch as much as Sonnen but it really didnt look like he was doing damage. Anderson didnt even look like he got hit after the fight
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #148
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Andersons Face is a freak, that doesnt swell and he never gets cut.... He got dropped by Sonnen in the first round for fucks sake, and hammered thruout the fight standing and on the ground. A fighters face after the fact has verry little to do with the story here. He got beat, but he has diamond skin. I have never seen Silva with a cut, and hes been rocked by quite a few people.

Some people cut just that much easier, look at The Irish Hand Grenade....
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #149
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Great breakdown of the triangle/arm bar by Rener Gracie. He describes Sonnen's attempt to escape perfectly.

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swQyHqg3NDg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swQyHqg3NDg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]

GSP is a Gracie Barra Black Belt btw.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #150
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I actually wanna see him fight Vitor Belfort next or even Jon Bones Jones
I would also like to see Anderson take on Vitor Belfort next as well. Sonnen had his chance, he was the no.1 contender and he lost. It's time to move on and in a couple fights he can earn his rematch.

Also, Bones Jones fights in LHW not MW so that fight probably won't happen unless someone moves weight classes. Although Bones Jones fighting style would be an interesting match-up against Silva, I've thought about this a few times as well. He seems to be in top form atm.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #151
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Vitor has a glass chin these days.

Bones Jones for some reason can't get a good fight. Definitely interesting matchup but I don't see Anderson going to LHW. They should throw him a chunk of change, unfortunately Bones Jones is still a relative unknown (for PPV buy purposes).

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #152
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Vitor has a glass chin these days.

Bones Jones for some reason can't get a good fight. Definitely interesting matchup but I don't see Anderson going to LHW. They should throw him a chunk of change, unfortunately Bones Jones is still a relative unknown (for PPV buy purposes).
Anderson has confirmed that he will stay at 185 which is where he feels he belongs. He said dropping down to 170 to fight GSP is pretentious in his most recent interview with Joe Rogan. He is appreciate that Dana allows him to move between weight classes though.

As for Bones Jones he is only 23 so I think UFC are trying to give him as much experience as possible before matching him up with the big names. He has a bright future ahead of him but I'd like to see him step up now, I think he's ready.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #153
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Great breakdown of the triangle/arm bar by Rener Gracie. He describes Sonnen's attempt to escape perfectly.

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swQyHqg3NDg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swQyHqg3NDg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]

GSP is a Gracie Barra Black Belt btw.
great video. it was cool having them break down the attempt/mistakes by Chael.
      08-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #154
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/1637...17-fight-video

Last round of the fight. You can see Anderson has wrist control for well over 30 seconds with Chael never attempting to break his wrist free (which would be quite easy). Anderson controls his posture and throws a few strikes, Chael reacts, and Anderson throws his long ass legs over and adjusts his shin to lock in the triangle.

Appreciate 0