F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > worst bmw dealer ever.
Studio RSR

04-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

worst bmw dealer ever.

i wanted to make public some issues im having with a dealer.
1) i picked my z4 from the dealer the other day but then i noticed that the car felt different, moving sideways by itself. i managed to control the car so altough it was a little annoying i guessed it wasnt anything of big importance. like 2 days later the car became virtually uncontrollable moving sideways in a very agressive manner so i went to a tire shop just to find out that one tire didnt have any air (the tires are runflat). i put air in all the tires and kept doing so every other day in order to keep the car under control until i could take it to the dealer. finally i managed to do so, and they took the car in for warranty. finally when i wnet to pick the car ,instead of the reps asking me for forgiveness because they couldve killed me, i got a manager with an attitude telling me i was lying and that if that happened it was some kid in my building that took the air off and then closed the valves again. that of course didnt happen as i have a private garage and never park the car in a site without permanent attention.i asked for them to make an inspection of the car and after 2 hours some rep told me they werent going to assume the revission of the tires because they didnt know what happened altough they admit that they checked the car like 3 months before they gave it to me with the tire without air so the logical conclussion is that it was more than possible that the car left the dealer with a flat tire. i had to paid like 80 bucks because the manager wnet out and didnt care to solve the problem before dong so. so he had me waiting for 2 hours and never went to solve the problem, instead he left the building and send me the message that if i wanted to talk to him i had to wait like another 2-4 hours before he came back, and that if i was lucky because he may never came back at all. obviously i had to pay the 80 bucks and after i left the building i started to feel the car moving sideways again a little, and now its unbearable.
2) ive bought 2 bmws from the dealer paying like 130000 dollars and was interested in a new m3 which costs like 135000. so i called a rep and asked for an estimate. he told me he was going to send it to my mail that afternoon but after 2 days without hearing from him i called him to remember that i wanted an estimate. he promised to send it right away but still nothing. 3 days later i called him asking for the estimate and he told me he was in a meeting but that hed call me the minute it was over. didnt happen so i called him and he never cared to answer the cell no more. called him like 4 days later and he said he didnt have an excuse but that hed send it right awat. still nothing. i talked to his supervisor and he toalked to another sales rep which was going to take my sale. i went to the dealer qith my family and talked to the new rep who tolde me that i was "famous" in that dealer because i talked to so many reps. i ignored the offense and she comitted to send the estimate but again it didnt happen.
i just wanted to make this issues public because i dont know what to do with these guys which happens to be the only bmw dealer in my city. in fact "autogermana" is the only authorized bmw dealer in colombia so im fighting a giant here. thanks guys any input would be much appreciated
      04-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
thats a sucky attitude by the dealer, they should do the right thing by customer.. but bmw dealers are usually notorious for their customer service. i have same situation in a sense that i also have one dealer to go to and i knew that in advance so if i want my car to be serviced ok and i want a bmw - i am nice to them and the moment independents get good enough i will give them a second look.

honestly, in yuor situation - id buy a mercedes.
      04-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

i love bmws so much i think ill direct import my next bmw
      04-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
BlackOutJoePi540i
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i ///M-sport

Somewhat of a similar situation. I live in upstate NY and was in the market for a e46 M3. The one I found was in Delaware at Burton BMW. So I contacted the dealer talked to a sales person let him know that I was going to come down on the the following weekend. As I pulled into the dealership I saw the car right out front and was impressed that he had it all ready to go. As I walked in I met with another sales man while I waited for the one who I was in contact with, I explained to him that I drove down for the day, and the car that I was looking at. As soon as i mentioned the car his face dropped and said "oh really?". Turns out that 30 mins prior to arriving the car had sold. Which you know is understandable that dealers will not hold cars, I have no problem with that. The thing that I had the most problem with was that fact that I didn't get a phone call telling me that the car had sold, and the fact that the other salesmen came over to me with this sh*t eating grin on his face and says in a cocky voice "oh i guess you heard the bad news". Needless to say I contacted bmwusa and let them know of the situation and the "superior service" at Burton BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
i wanted to make public some issues im having with a dealer.
1) i picked my z4 from the dealer the other day but then i noticed that the car felt different, moving sideways by itself. i managed to control the car so altough it was a little annoying i guessed it wasnt anything of big importance. like 2 days later the car became virtually uncontrollable moving sideways in a very agressive manner so i went to a tire shop just to find out that one tire didnt have any air (the tires are runflat). i put air in all the tires and kept doing so every other day in order to keep the car under control until i could take it to the dealer. finally i managed to do so, and they took the car in for warranty. finally when i wnet to pick the car ,instead of the reps asking me for forgiveness because they couldve killed me, i got a manager with an attitude telling me i was lying and that if that happened it was some kid in my building that took the air off and then closed the valves again. that of course didnt happen as i have a private garage and never park the car in a site without permanent attention.i asked for them to make an inspection of the car and after 2 hours some rep told me they werent going to assume the revission of the tires because they didnt know what happened altough they admit that they checked the car like 3 months before they gave it to me with the tire without air so the logical conclussion is that it was more than possible that the car left the dealer with a flat tire. i had to paid like 80 bucks because the manager wnet out and didnt care to solve the problem before dong so. so he had me waiting for 2 hours and never went to solve the problem, instead he left the building and send me the message that if i wanted to talk to him i had to wait like another 2-4 hours before he came back, and that if i was lucky because he may never came back at all. obviously i had to pay the 80 bucks and after i left the building i started to feel the car moving sideways again a little, and now its unbearable.
2) ive bought 2 bmws from the dealer paying like 130000 dollars and was interested in a new m3 which costs like 135000. so i called a rep and asked for an estimate. he told me he was going to send it to my mail that afternoon but after 2 days without hearing from him i called him to remember that i wanted an estimate. he promised to send it right away but still nothing. 3 days later i called him asking for the estimate and he told me he was in a meeting but that hed call me the minute it was over. didnt happen so i called him and he never cared to answer the cell no more. called him like 4 days later and he said he didnt have an excuse but that hed send it right awat. still nothing. i talked to his supervisor and he toalked to another sales rep which was going to take my sale. i went to the dealer qith my family and talked to the new rep who tolde me that i was "famous" in that dealer because i talked to so many reps. i ignored the offense and she comitted to send the estimate but again it didnt happen.
i just wanted to make this issues public because i dont know what to do with these guys which happens to be the only bmw dealer in my city. in fact "autogermana" is the only authorized bmw dealer in colombia so im fighting a giant here. thanks guys any input would be much appreciated
Its unbelievable to me that your were driving without air in your tires and now try to bring issue with the dealer. Sounds like you are just some young kid with some sense of entitlement.
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOutJoePi540i View Post
Somewhat of a similar situation. I live in upstate NY and was in the market for a e46 M3. The one I found was in Delaware at Burton BMW. So I contacted the dealer talked to a sales person let him know that I was going to come down on the the following weekend. As I pulled into the dealership I saw the car right out front and was impressed that he had it all ready to go. As I walked in I met with another sales man while I waited for the one who I was in contact with, I explained to him that I drove down for the day, and the car that I was looking at. As soon as i mentioned the car his face dropped and said "oh really?". Turns out that 30 mins prior to arriving the car had sold. Which you know is understandable that dealers will not hold cars, I have no problem with that. The thing that I had the most problem with was that fact that I didn't get a phone call telling me that the car had sold, and the fact that the other salesmen came over to me with this sh*t eating grin on his face and says in a cocky voice "oh i guess you heard the bad news". Needless to say I contacted bmwusa and let them know of the situation and the "superior service" at Burton BMW

Sold the car 15 minutes before you got there? It happens. Its what happens when you don't put a deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Sold the car 15 minutes before you got there? It happens. Its what happens when you don't put a deposit down.

I don't know what you were expecting here.... no deposit...and you honestly expected the salesman to call you the MINUTE the car was sold? c'mon now HE probably didn't know until a few minutes before you arrived yourself. I mean shit the car was still on the lot.

What did you expect him to do? Grovel? No offense, but you should chalk this up as lesson learned...put a deposit on the car if you're that interested and taking the trek.... it's refundable.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #8
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Not to mention that you should be happy that all the dealer did was sell it.

This happened to my father a couple months ago when looking at a car. He found it online, drove 2 hours to the dealer (after speaking with them on the phone), test drove the car. When he comes back he says great, he wants it. The dealer tells him that somebody put a deposit on it already. They are in the process of trying to get the loan approved, but it wasn't looking good.

The dealer then tells my father that this guy is approaching the time the person needs to have the loan done. BUTTTTTT, he wont sell it to my father for the original asking price because if he waits for the other guy, with financing through BMWFS, his crappy credit, etc, it will net the dealer and salesman several thousand dollars more.

So if the worst thing that happened was you being too late, be happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Not to mention that you should be happy that all the dealer did was sell it.

This happened to my father a couple months ago when looking at a car. He found it online, drove 2 hours to the dealer (after speaking with them on the phone), test drove the car. When he comes back he says great, he wants it. The dealer tells him that somebody put a deposit on it already. They are in the process of trying to get the loan approved, but it wasn't looking good.

The dealer then tells my father that this guy is approaching the time the person needs to have the loan done. BUTTTTTT, he wont sell it to my father for the original asking price because if he waits for the other guy, with financing through BMWFS, his crappy credit, etc, it will net the dealer and salesman several thousand dollars more.

So if the worst thing that happened was you being too late, be happy.

wow now THAT is some bullshit
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Yeah, they actually did this over the course of 3 days on the phone saying the guy may or may not be able to get the loan. Coming back with random prices and eventually the guy secured the loan and got the car. My dad found about 4 cars and got shafted on 3 of the 4. 2 dealers and a private seller backing out. He finally said F it and leased one off a lot rather than purchase.
Appreciate 0